Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

44 minutes ago, Mr bricking it said:

I'm wondering why there's so much secrecy behind this series, usually we get more info on a series sooner.

Hopefully they have some big surprise in store for us :classic:

8 hours ago, Cagast said:

Are you talking about this?

To which Itaria replied: "Exactly. I'm impressed." I think you misunderstood him there. He probably referred to the latter part of your message when you pointed out that he already said there were no firefighters, yet people started speculating about firefighters after that. "Exactly" = I already said there's no firefighter. "I'm impressed" = I'm impressed because people keep talking about firefighters although I confirmed there won't be firefighters.

Is that right Itaria?

Oh, I just assumed that Itaria was talking about the object suit guy when he replied to me. But,yes that was what I was talking about.

It's just that there are 3 costumes and I'm really not sure which clue could be the last non-animal or non-food one (tv remote?).

The lego fan

Edited by The lego fan

Re-reading the S16 thread, people clearly knew several if not all of the figs by February, and hints (that were sometimes not written as such) gave most well before that. I originally thought it a bit early but am now surprised we haven't seen hints from any of the other regular leakers.  We should be discussing Ninjago at this point!

13 hours ago, gedren_y said:

To that end, in the silhouette I believe I saw epaulets under the cape. That leads me to believe the fig is someone more official. If the hat had looked to be a bicorn I might have thought him Napoleon. But it is a tricorn, so my guess remains Marco Polo.

I also see epaulettes in the silhouette, which looks to me very much like a toreador, since it follows the shape of the shoulder pads:

header-legobatmovie-minifigs2-768x431.jptoreador_and_bull_1600x1225.jpgHowever their is something on the neck, too; a moustache piece, perhaps? It could be a small collar, which makes sense if it is an Old World explorer like Marco Polo. Personally, I doubt its a highwayman, but no matter what, it looks like a promising figure.

33 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

It's probably that collar from Alfred.

:oh:

Edited by Robert8

It definitely looks like a matador, and I know people have wondered about Lego doing something as controversial (or however you wanna call it) as a Matador, but they've done hunters and robbers and historical military and mobsters and other things you could make cases against, so I could definitely see it being possible.

3 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I didn't heard about any of matador / remote control suit guy and one man band. 

If they are in, my list is incorrect.

Finally a word from the one with the list.

Granted you don't see the speculated minifigs in your list from what you hinted previously, mind if you share what is your confidence level that your list is correct?

Oooh great! Glad to read the matador isn't in that list :)

Can't wait to see the final Corn cob guy, I love it! And waiting for a chili pepper suit guy in the future series

Well if corn cob guy is confirmed by Itaria, I think that means that we can safely assume he is the "TiCdP", probably in Italian. (Although I just checked, and Romanian lines up, too, if you put "guy in corn costume" :wacko:)

It's good to know the toreador isn't one of them--not because it wouldn't have been a great figure, but because at least now we know, right? 

rodiziorobs, I now genuinely think the language is Romanian! This is because I put "guy in rocket costume" and it fits in with Itaria's letters,TICDR. Also, vet (somewhat related to animals) fits with Itaria's v as does dance instructor (related to series 15 and 5) fit in with IDD. I will investigate this further.

Just my thoughts!

The lego fan 

1 hour ago, The lego fan said:

rodiziorobs, I now genuinely think the language is Romanian! This is because I put "guy in rocket costume" and it fits in with Itaria's letters,TICDR. Also, vet (somewhat related to animals) fits with Itaria's v as does dance instructor (related to series 15 and 5) fit in with IDD. I will investigate this further.

Just my thoughts!

The lego fan 

I noticed this a while back (trying to prove everybody the language is not Italian) but all other translations that we 'guessed' differed from Itaria's letter list. All our guesses were probably wrong anyway.

Also TICDP fits in with man in corn suit in Romanian as well.

Also, sad to hear the remote guy is not real, it sounded interesting. But I think a device costume guy (phone, smartphone, tv remote...) is likely to appear in future series.

Edited by Cagast

On 07/01/2017 at 0:56 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ok here it is: I don't like to be called liar, or spreading false rumours, so I will put the remaining 12 characters, BUT in a way that I can then prove right.

Here it is: I only put the first letters of every word, but not in english. Just in another language using google translate. Then, when I will be allowed to spread the list, I will do.

Here they are, in random order.

1) V

2) EF

3) H

4) C

5) A(C)

6) GR

7) AR

8) TiCdR

9) Y

10) S

11) IdD

12) TiCdP

Thanks

To anyone who wants to find this, it's on page 14.

Romanian doesn't seem to work…

On 31/12/2016 at 5:45 PM, Robert8 said:

1. Circus Strongman

2. Butterfly Girl

3. Battle Dwarf

4. Hot Dog Vendor

1. circ strongman

2. fată fluture

3. pitic de luptă

4. furnizor de hot dog

1 minute ago, VaderFan2187 said:

To anyone who wants to find this, it's on page 14.

Romanian doesn't seem to work…

1. circ strongman

2. fată fluture

3. pitic de luptă

4. furnizor de hot dog

The already confirmed figures were NOT on his list of letters. Only the un-confirmed figures were, so it still could be. 

The lego fan

Just now, The lego fan said:

The already confirmed figures were NOT on his list of letters. Only the un-confirmed figures were, so it still could be. 

The lego fan

Stupid me :ugh:

How did I not notice such an obvious thing? I'd best shut up now :facepalm:

The only problem with the language being Romanian would be that "Guy in Corn Costume" translates to "tip în costum de porumb" not "tip in costum de porumb".  The letters would be TîCdP, not TiCdP, but Itaria may have left out accents.  Other than that, thought, I'd say Romanian works quite well.

Judging from that, I'd say we can infer that:

12 is tip în costum de porumb, or TiCdP (Corn Suit Guy)

11 is instructor de dans, or IdD (Dance Instructor)

10 could still be a number of things.  Looking at a small Romanian dictionary the most viable would be villager (sătean), sculptor (sculptor), or survivor (supravieţuitor)

9, again, Romanian doesn't have a "y", so I'm thinking it could be "yodeler" or "yuppie"

8 might be Tip în costum de rachete (Guy in rocket costume)

6 is probably gladiator roman (Roman Gladiator)

5 could be australiană (cangur) (Australian, Kangaroo).  I mean it's plausible

3 is haiduc (outlaw)

2 is probably feminin elf (Female Elf)

1 might be a vegetarian (both related to animals), it's "vegetarian" in Romanian, and besides, veterinarian is medic veterinar (veterinary doctor)

I haven't the faintest about the others.

Edited by JGuy

Yes. 

It's the S17 Corn Cob Suit Guy

But I'm not sure if that one is his real face.