28 minutes ago, Ondra said:

lego-technic-42069_2.jpg

Might be a noob question, but what are those shock absorber-like parts under the wheel arches? Definitely not the regular size of the usual ones.. are they imitations or placeholders?

13 minutes ago, Ondra said:

I cannot find suspension on first axle, maybe its pendular?

or maybe not suspension on the front for stability?

EDIT just notised the towballs on the front so it must have front suspension

2 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Might be a noob question, but what are those shock absorber-like parts under the wheel arches? Definitely not the regular size of the usual ones.. are they imitations or placeholders?

they are to repesent shocks like you would find on a real truck

Edited by legotechnicisawesome

4 minutes ago, kbalage said:

These shiny parts are wheels that are used in smaller vehicles.

Thanks guys, it makes sense now :)

The big sprocket at the end might be the one to adjust the height of the car I guess. I still don't like the whole design of this set but the details are more and more interesting.

@efferman I see a gear on the top for HOG where it is usually placed, the one on the back might have a different function (if it has any and it's not only mimicking a spare wheel).

As it seems to be held using a long (tan) technic pin, I doubt it serves any real purpose other than looking cool ;-)

Edited by charlesw

I've been building this morning to try to create the base of the tow truck and made pictures of it with some models for size comparison
Am I allowed to show these pictures here?

Here is what I think distinguish from this image

- Door with opening butterfly + lower section drooping, you can distinguishes the mechanism very clearly. Two-section door and attractive kineticdesign
- Doors are independent
- winch at the front
- Adjustment of the height of the  suspensions

These functions are probably distributed by a four-speed gearbox controlled between the seats. Classicaly, for once

The control wheel is at the rear, probably reused on model B

We also have a HOG and probably a dummy engine

The model will be logically upgradable with the powerfunction kit. The battery box will logicaly be located Inside the body.

The only thing that intrigues me is the 12T wheel just at the back of the doors.

Any idea?

Just now, steph77 said:

Here is what I think distinguish from this image
The only thing that intrigues me is the 12T wheel just at the back of the doors.
Any idea?

I can be use to "power" the functions that are going thru the gearbox 

6 minutes ago, nick97 said:

I've been building this morning to try to create the base of the tow truck and made pictures of it with some models for size comparison
Am I allowed to show these pictures here?

i think so, i have posted half built repilcas of the tracked racer before..

Question, so we will get "only" 3 new sets in H2-2017 + the 3in1 8860, correct? How often per year are the PullBack coming in? Only in the H1? How was it in the past, can someone recall me that? 

Regards

4 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I think it's a fake gearbox, because there's no gear shifting elements in any of the three sets.

Or a moving gear gearbox, like in the good old times. (Thanks Blackbird!)8860cxmsn.jpg

Edited by Kaanere

Fantastic more photos of the "c" model.

i thought I saw a gear lever in the video.

i assume this would work like the original model and how lots of gearboxes work with just different size gears on 2 shafts

3 hours ago, nick97 said:

Here I have some pictures with the arocs beside it.
Pictures with other models: http://bricksafe.com/pages/nick97/other

And I think I'm pretty close to the real model's size.

Many many thanks!

We just need official confirmation of the shade of blue for 42070, designer's video operating the functions, jangbricks' and sariel's review, and the price confirmation correction to be in the right position to declare our informed opinion over 2017's technic flagship

... and shut down this thread :p

I'm still liking it, despite the unusual & unwanted color. And it is a decent flagship if it includes remote-control driving

But 250 € is too much. Even at -30% (in two years or so, it happened to all bigger sets) it would be 180-ish, a bit above my comfort zone for a toy/hobby

Apart from the Porsche = 300 € ;  flagships are getting rather pricey:  6x6 = 250 ; BWE = 230 ; Arocs = 200 ; Volvo 42030 = 220 (back in 2014) 

I feel better with the assortment of "second row" sets:  [2017] Blue jet 42066 = 120 ; (420) 69-thing = 130 ; boaty = 90 ;  firetruck = 90 ; [2016] CLAAS = 150 ; Orange-copter = 120; Volvo 42052 = 90 [2015] Green Le Mans = 100 ;  42042 Crane = 120  [2014] Red pickup = 90 ; Cargo Plane = 120

Edited by bitbamboo