42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Rating  

362 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

I almost pressed the button (edit: Amazon button) this morning, but I could resist the urge. If you don't have one....do it!

I couldn't resist the urge so I pressed the button... but on amazon.de! For a luxury set like this I'd rather not buy from ebay because I could get a Lepin or sth. 219.99 EUR + shipping won't be much different from 240 EUR anyway.

But Jim, don't you already have one from TLG :laugh:

Edited by nguyengiangoc

24 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I couldn't resist the urge so I pressed the button... but on amazon.de! For a luxury set like this I'd rather not buy from ebay because I could get a Lepin or sth. 219.99 EUR + shipping won't be much different from 240 EUR anyway.

But Jim, don't you already have one from TLG :laugh:

I didn't notice the eBay link. I meant Amazon of course. I don't (or hardly) do eBay for LEGO.

One, two....who knows :blush:

10 hours ago, Jim said:

I didn't notice the eBay link. I meant Amazon of course. I don't (or hardly) do eBay for LEGO.

One, two....who knows :blush:

Maybe you can get yourself a BWE instead :laugh: Currently 183 EUR on Amazon.

7 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Maybe you can get yourself a BWE instead :laugh: Currently 183 EUR on Amazon.

Hehe, could to that. One BWE (still unbuilt) is enough for me :wink: Although it's a nice price, maybe for a parts pack. The frames alone are worth around 50 euros.

But let's talk Porsche again. You can post a link in the BWE topic, if you like to discuss further.

I just received my copie of this Set, but it was packed in an other way.:hmpf_bad:

20161020_175241 (Small) (Mobile).jpg

1 minute ago, hsky said:

I just received my copie of this Set, but it was packed in an other way.:hmpf_bad:

That's correct. Remember the shortage of this set? That was due to a change in the packaging process. This new method is less prone to damaging the inner boxes.

11 hours ago, PeterF said:

But is there an actual difference, or can you just rearrange them again?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can rearrange them. Although it's kinda useless.

I finally ordered the Porsche this morning. 199 GBP on amazon.co.uk. With the low pound thanks to Brexit this is more or less equivalent to 225 EUR. :-) Good prices as well for the other 2016 2H sets ...

I've got a (private) offer for a new 42056 at £187.

After seeing the excellent work Didumos and others have put into improving the set and wanting to support a future line of large-scale supercars, I'm hovering over the buy button. But it's a good deal more then I've ever spent on a single set...

Do I?

8 minutes ago, Chimaninja454 said:

Is it the worst licensed set ever?

No, it is not the worst licenced set ever, but it is pretty darn close to it. It's not because of all the new pieces in the set, as well as all the orange.

At the end of the day it's a pretty decent set, but we simply expected more from a "UCS" Technic set with that price tag. I still think it's a must have for Technic fans, but it's more of a display model than anything else. I have put it in a display case at work and it looks absolutely fantastic. Just don't touch it :wink: 

And don't forget to buy the custom stickers.

32 minutes ago, Jim said:

At the end of the day it's a pretty decent set, but we simply expected more from a "UCS" Technic set with that price tag. I still think it's a must have for Technic fans, but it's more of a display model than anything else. I have put it in a display case at work and it looks absolutely fantastic. Just don't touch it :wink: 

And don't forget to buy the custom stickers.

I agree.  Most people who see my collection gravitate to the Porsche.

On 22.10.2016 at 8:28 AM, Jim said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can rearrange them. Although it's kinda useless.

Yeah you can rearrange them again into the official order. But like Jim said, it's kinda useless.

Another Question:

Did anyone had missing parts at the LEGO 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS ?

On 25/10/2016 at 11:02 PM, hsky said:

I was missing a single piece of the flexible hosing for the exhaust. First time I've ever had a missing part.

So I had been on the fence about this set since release, but double VIP pushed me over the edge.

There is no doubt that it is too expensive, but the end result is phenomenal IMHO. But yes, it's definitely a display piece.

I built it using Didumos69's errata, combined with using a lot of spare 3L black pins to replace the blue 3L pins that were on display, but the most fun was the surprisingly simple mod of turning it into a right hand drive model.

Edited by oz the malefic

On 25/10/2016 at 2:02 PM, hsky said:

Another Question:

I had two missing grey axle pin 3 (http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-axle-pin-3-11214).

Have build the set as standard first. Will take it apart and build it with the Didumos mods. Looks fabulous! Also interesting to see it as evolution of the Lego chassis/super cars. Will post a picture tonight ...

Today I just started building the Porsche. Actually I wanted to wait until christmas but now I got sick and have to idle at home. I guess this is the perfect way to entertain me for the next 4 days. 

I finished the first box after about 4 hours and also applied a few of the most important fixes that you proposed. Thanks for all those ideas!

Too sadly I also had one piece missing quite at the end of the first box. It's a 5 beam in grey which is needed for the attachment above the engine (http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-technic-beam-5-x-0-5-with-axle-hole-each-end-11478). Thankfully the piece is not crucial and I can add it later quite easily even when the full model has been assembled. Can I contact Lego directly about this and expect a replacement?

I have not opened the other boxes yet - is there a chance, the missing item will be in those other parts?

Edited by thg

6 hours ago, thg said:

is there a chance, the missing item will be in those other parts?

Not at all. The bags always have the same items in them, thus if it's missing from the bag it should have been in, it won't be anywhere.

And yeah, just follow the link above, they're really quick about sending replacements.

Today I finished Box 3 (doing one box per day) and again, there was quite a large piece missing :(

This time it's a an orange beam that was needed for the roof: http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-orange-beam-13-41239

On the other side, there were two spare beams of other lengths (11 and 15). Quite strange to me, that such big parts have not properly been packed.

I'll wait to finish the whole car and ask for a replacement. Thanks to you for the link!