Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Hello Eurobricks! First time post. I’ve observed this site for some time, but finally decided to take the plunge.

This may not be the right place to post, but I was curious if anyone has seen pics of the 75178 Quadjumper...? I'm actually somewhat excited about that one. Last year when I saw the "Encounter on Jakku" set, I kept thinking that this might be one of those lego sets that has a "Part 2" add-on. Several reviewers noted how Unkar's hut seemed "unfinished", the set was a split design (50% Luggabeast, 50% Unkar's Hut). And I thought it was peculiar how the REAL hut is symmetrical, but the lego design seemed to be off-center, with a random technic piece left off the non-symmetrical side. Finally, the Encounter on Jakku set came with two of the plastic "shades" in the box... hm?

When I saw the set list for this on, I thought that maybe the 75178 set could be 50% quadjumper and 50% a hut structure? Niima outpost feels like a collection of shacks anyways... Hopefully this is true since I think that Niima Outpost is an interesting new part of the SW universe and I love when lego lets you buy 2 sets to make a bigger one.

lego-75148-encounter-on-jakku.jpg

Edited by thorin

Funny we are only getting normal stormtroopers with the rogue one sets so far. Some of the ones in promo clips and pics had pauldrons, backpacks and so on ...

8 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Well, the TIE Advanced/A-wing being so horrifically overpriced and never once discounted probably didn't help. As for this idea that retailers are refusing to stock rebels sets, is there any official statement that suggests that being the case? Only three Rebels sets were outright not stocked in retailers (Azure angel, TIE/A-wing and Rex's AT-TE), and as far as I can find it was Lego that chose not to ship them here. I also doubt any manager of any store would be able to tell the difference between different subthemes of lego star wars.

Walmart in the US has it for $33 off right now.

Edited by JPN366

Some of you guys are really entertaining...

*LEGO releases the 2016 Empire battle pack*

"BOO! No regular storm troopers! Why don't they release a battle pack with regular stormies?!"

*LEGO releases a battle pack with 2 regular storm troopers and 2 death troopers in 2017*

"Meeeeh! The death troopers look dull and plain and why don't the storm troopers have pauldrons or backpacks?!"

13 hours ago, wesker said:

My guess is they're just not selling well. Australian retailers are refusing to stock any Rebel sets outside of the store exclusives while the TIE Advanced/A-Wing set is already on its way to being retired despite only being available for a mere 5 months.

I suspect the TIE Advanced/A-Wing set was prematurely put to pasture to make way for

Spoiler

an A-Wing set in the 2017 Episode VIII wave. Since the ship has already been photographed on set (with Prince William, no less), it's a likely candidate for release next year.

But that said, the Rebels show looks to be winding down, with Dave Filoni moving on to other projects and Ezra's storyline reaching maturity. From reports I've read, there is at most another full season in its run. I doubt you'll see new Rebels sets much beyond 2017.

48 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I suspect the TIE Advanced/A-Wing set was prematurely put to pasture to make way for

Hide contents

an A-Wing set in the 2017 Episode VIII wave. Since the ship has already been photographed on set (with Prince William, no less), it's a likely candidate for release next year.

But that said, the Rebels show looks to be winding down, with Dave Filoni moving on to other projects and Ezra's storyline reaching maturity. From reports I've read, there is at most another full season in its run. I doubt you'll see new Rebels sets much beyond 2017.

Yes Filoni is working on another project yet he still adds some input in Rebels as their is a new supervisor director for the show since Filoni was I believe promoted to being the main supervisor for all future shows.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Reveal hidden contents

Still almost a year to go till Ep VIII sets though, and they didn't retire Poe's X-Wing this summer when they released a second X-Wing...it definitely feels like the A-Wing set isn't selling well - it's permanently on discount where I see it.

8 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Still almost a year to go till Ep VIII sets though, and they didn't retire Poe's X-Wing this summer when they released a second X-Wing...it definitely feels like the A-Wing set isn't selling well - it's permanently on discount where I see it.

That's weird - Vader's Tie vs. A-wing is one of my favorite sets from this year, can't believe it's stuck on shelves.

14 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Wish I lived where you do. It still going for over 100 USD where I live ; ; 

Not sure when the wave 1 of FA will retire but I hope not soon. I am still trying to flesh out my collection of vehicles from the line. Still need the TIE and both X-Wings. 

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Reveal hidden contents

I thought Episode VII borrowed from A New Hope wayyyyyy too much so

Spoiler

I'm honestly pretty disappointed that they're bringing back more old vehicles. Not just from an "I like lego so I don't want to see yet another A-Wing" perspective, but there's a hint of unorignality in bringing back/slightly updating all the OT vehicles and the unashamed blandness of the new ones is a bit jarring. Design team needs to up their game IMO.

17 hours ago, thorin said:

Hello Eurobricks! First time post. I’ve observed this site for some time, but finally decided to take the plunge.

This may not be the right place to post, but I was curious if anyone has seen pics of the 75178 Quadjumper...? I'm actually somewhat excited about that one. Last year when I saw the "Encounter on Jakku" set, I kept thinking that this might be one of those lego sets that has a "Part 2" add-on. Several reviewers noted how Unkar's hut seemed "unfinished", the set was a split design (50% Luggabeast, 50% Unkar's Hut). And I thought it was peculiar how the REAL hut is symmetrical, but the lego design seemed to be off-center, with a random technic piece left off the non-symmetrical side. Finally, the Encounter on Jakku set came with two of the plastic "shades" in the box... hm?

When I saw the set list for this on, I thought that maybe the 75178 set could be 50% quadjumper and 50% a hut structure? Niima outpost feels like a collection of shacks anyways... Hopefully this is true since I think that Niima Outpost is an interesting new part of the SW universe and I love when lego lets you buy 2 sets to make a bigger one.

Welcome to Eurobricks!  I dont believe there are any Quadjumper pics out there yet. As for that set being an add-on to Nima Outpost- you never know. Many had considered that the Carbon freezing chamber might lead to more Cloud City, but nothing yet...

Edited by Pandora
Image removed from quote - quoting images is unnecessary

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'm really loving the new sets. The preliminary images just didn't do them justice, especially Yoda's Starfighter and Duel on Naboo. Here's what I feel about the sets:

Rebel Troopers Battle Pack: Eh, pretty cool. It's nice that you have two decent builds in one battle pack, but to me the speeder looks a little fat. I love the variety of the figures they provide. 3.5/5 for me.

Imperial Troopers Battle Pack: Yay! Death Troopers! I'm glad that Death Troopers and OT Stormies are ready for army building! I personally don't mind that the Death Trooper printing isn't as detailed as the Krennic's Shuttle ones. To me, it seems like a good idea for LEGO to make a cheap, slightly less detailed, but more accessible version of characters like Darth Vader, and then for larger sets, add more detail. This way kids can play with their favourite characters but the collectors get rare figures too. I don't really like the walker in this battle pack, however, it looks a little unstable and unfinished. Still, I'm loving the figures, and for that, I give the set a 4/5.

Yoda's Mini TIE Interceptor Jedi Starfighter: MUCH better than it looked in the preliminary images! They captured the cockpit bubble curve nicely in the set. However, a lack of new figures and the significant thickness of the wings let the set down, so it gets a 3.5/5 from me.

Duel of the Fates on Naboo: Really, why didn't they go for a more sensible name? Anyway, I like this set, it looks better than in the preliminaries. What is that weird quarter wall on the side for, however? And I'm also puzzled by the pink bubble thing below… Obi-Wan's hair and Maul's freaky smile is a letdown, but otherwise the figures are good. I would have preferred if the laser gate was one whole piece instead of several bars, and the technic mechanism is a bit too obvious for me. 4/5

Thrawn Set The Phantom: Ooh! This set is great! I like the new blind Kanan figure and the set, while sticker happy, is good. However, what should have been the standout, Grand Admiral Thrawn, is in fact the letdown. While the hair is okay, I would have preferred Chancellor Palpatine's hair. Also, the questionable lack of red eyes is depressing :( and all in all, he doesn't really look like Thrawn. 4/5

Battle on Scarif: When was the last time we got a large flat area for figures to stand on? The new playset, coming in as Rogue One's Battle on Takodana, is pretty good. It's interesting that the whole front part slides out, and 

Spoiler

the Death Star plan piece is included, confirming my theory that the plans are located on Scarif.

It's weird they'd reveal such a spoiler. However, the new Cassian Andor and Jyn Erso are meh, while the Scarif Shore Troopers are "okay". One more figure would have been nice. 4/5

Y-wing: The standout of the wave, with an excellent Moroff and Admiral Raddus. Strange that a stormtrooper is included, but the astromech is nice. It looks like the ship can drop bombs and shoot missiles! Figures are good, iconic and likely fun build, this set looks great. 4.5/5

But… where is Saw Gerrera? How are we supposed to make Rogue One animations without him?

Spoiler

I think he dies on Jedha, which may be why we don't see him in the sets, but it's still a large gap in the figure lineup.

Edited by VaderFan2187

5 hours ago, JPN366 said:

Walmart in the US has it for $33 off right now.

It also isn't about to retire in the US, and was stocked in normal retail stores in the US. We were talking about its situation in Australia

1 hour ago, Japanbuilder said:

Wish I lived where you do. It still going for over 100 USD where I live ; ; 

Not sure when the wave 1 of FA will retire but I hope not soon. I am still trying to flesh out my collection of vehicles from the line. Still need the TIE and both X-Wings. 

Hey, at least you get to see them on shelves. At least there's the possibility of a discount. It could be worse. Lego outright refused to send stocks of them to retailers in Australia (source: http://jaysbrickblog.com/2016/08/22/australian-lego-retailer-exclusive-sets-2nd-half-of-2016/), its only available on the online store, where it was never discounted, was a monstrous $160, and is already retiring soon. Its literally cheaper to buy the set from the US on ebay.

5 hours ago, bountybossk said:

Some of you guys are really entertaining...

*LEGO releases the 2016 Empire battle pack*

"BOO! No regular storm troopers! Why don't they release a battle pack with regular stormies?!"

*LEGO releases a battle pack with 2 regular storm troopers and 2 death troopers in 2017*

"Meeeeh! The death troopers look dull and plain and why don't the storm troopers have pauldrons or backpacks?!"

It's hard to satisfy us Lego fans :tongue:

I'm actually ok with plain stormies and less detailed death troopers. I explained the death troopers part above, and I can't possibly have half my stormtrooper army with pauldrons  :grin: 

Here are what I think are the play features:

U-wing Microfighter: Shoot the two stud shooters and place the pilot in the cockpit!

TIE Striker Microfighter: Shoot the two stud shooters and place the pilot in the cockpit!

Y-wing Microfighter: Shoot the two flick-fire missiles and place the pilot in the cockpit!

Krennic's Shuttle Microfighter: Shoot the two stud shooters and place the pilot in the cockpit!

Rebel Troopers Battle Pack: Shoot the stud shooters, place minifigures into speeder/turret, battle the Empire!

Imperial Troopers Battle Pack: Shoot the stud shooters, place minifigures into walker, pose walker's legs, crush the rebel scum!

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter: Fold the flaps up in attack mode or fold flat against the wings! Shoot the spring-loaded shooters! Open the cockpit and place Yoda inside! Put R2-D2 in the back of the ship!

The Phantom: Open the cockpit and place Blind Kanan inside! Place Chopper in the astromech droid socket! Open the ramp (maybe?) at the back and slide the crate in (hence the large bottom section)! Fold out the legs for landing!

Duel on Naboo: Press the technic axle to swing aside the laser gate! Throw Darth Maul down the reactor shaft! Let Obi-Wan grab onto a handle in the reactor shaft (maybe?) and use the lightsaber catapult (or the Force :laugh: ) to send the lightsaber flying towards Obi-wan!

Battle on Scarif: Blow up the panels in the floor! Slide open the blast doors! Turn the lever and slide out the bottom portion to steal the Death Star Plans! Escape with the orange crate! 

Y-wing Starfighter: Drop the bombs on Imperial Targets! Shoot the spring loaded shooters! Pick up the LEGO maintenance build with the crane! Open the cockpit and put the pilot inside!

Edited by VaderFan2187

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

It also isn't about to retire in the US, and was stocked in normal retail stores in the US. We were talking about its situation in Australia

Hey, at least you get to see them on shelves. At least there's the possibility of a discount. It could be worse. Lego outright refused to send stocks of them to retailers in Australia (source: http://jaysbrickblog.com/2016/08/22/australian-lego-retailer-exclusive-sets-2nd-half-of-2016/), its only available on the online store, where it was never discounted, was a monstrous $160, and is already retiring soon. Its literally cheaper to buy the set from the US on ebay.

Wait that TIE Advance and A-Wing are already retiring? Oo Well wow.

Also being in Japan many stores don't carry every LEGO item just the ones they think will sell. So our selection here is limited and we are forced to use online means to get a lot of sets. Just like Australia those hardly if ever, go on discount. Store shelves also don't discount LEGO products, they will stay at the store's price (higher than MSRP in many places) until the store decides it is a lost cause. Since the consumer is never told when that is it is literally blind luck when you find a really old gem you wanted at a discount. 

4 hours ago, TWP said:

That's weird - Vader's Tie vs. A-wing is one of my favorite sets from this year, can't believe it's stuck on shelves.

I bought it on sale and was amazed how much I appreciated the builds on both sets. It is a hard pill to swallow financially and I think the cost was the only real nail in its coffin, especially when that cost was compared to previous models. The Rebels A-Wing was leagues above the last A-Wing and makes me want Lego see what they can do for a future A-Wing using the same building techniques.

@Brickweiser If I may ask, how much did you pay for it? It's $70 on Amazon right now, still too high for me.

I think they would sell better if the price wasn't so damn high. The 2013 A-wing was $24.99, and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced (8017) was $29.99, that's $55.00 for both. Sure there's inflation and the builds are a hell of a lot better but c'mon, LEGO, $90.00... 

2 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

@Brickweiser If I may ask, how much did you pay for it? It's $70 on Amazon right now, still too high for me.

I think they would sell better if the price wasn't so damn high. The 2013 A-wing was $24.99, and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced (8017) was $29.99, that's $55.00 for both. Sure there's inflation and the builds are a hell of a lot better but c'mon, LEGO, $90.00... 

It was on for 20% off Canadian price on Amazon.ca. 

I really wanted Darth Vader's TIE so I told myself I would only purchase if on 20% discount or greater. Although the A-Wing is to a higher standard than the 2013 A-WING and I did appreciate it more than I thought originally.

cough cough off topic! I got sent to the chamber for that so we might want to get back on track :sweet:

I really want to get Duel on Naboo, The Phantom, and the Y-wing. Battle on Scarif seems possible too  :pir-blush:

Edited by VaderFan2187

29 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

cough cough off topic! I got sent to the chamber for that so we might want to get back on track :sweet:

Damn it! Thanks, sometimes I forget to look at what topic I'm on. :cry_happy: Mods please have mercy, it won't happen again.

I think I'll just be picking up both battlepacks, possibly the Y-wing if I catch it on sale. 

Dual of the fates is going to be $30 yeah? If so, I might pick that up as well.

Y-Wing, Battle of Scariff, 3-4 imperial BP's, 1 rebel BP and gonna have to bricklink those rebel pilots later ( or wait for them to appear in a set this summer ) Aren't winter waves supposed to be light on the wallet? :P

Anyone can also confirm wheter or not the Skiff and speeder still hapenning for this winter or are those summer sets?

2 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Anyone can also confirm wheter or not the Skiff and speeder still hapenning for this winter or are those summer sets?

I believe they are summer sets, and the skiff is an exclusive. I think that was confirmed a few pages ago. :classic: