Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

5 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

Seems they will only have 100 sets at the midnight launch too so depending on how early people start queuing think it might be pointless me even attempting it.

yeah I would agree just spoke to some one at the Milton Keynes Store and he pretty much said unless your there mega early you won't get one he has had more interest that he will have stock

I think there'll be quite a few people expressing interest but when faced with getting up early and handing over almost £700 for a set they may take a minute to think about it...

I think there'll be quite a few people expressing interest but when faced with getting up early and handing over almost £700 for a set they may take a minute to think about it...

I'm really worried I'm not gonna be able to get one. I'm planning to be outside the doors at least half an hour early!

My store told me the Mall there in will be open at 6am so I plan on staying outside of the mall for 2 hours until the doors are open.

Edited by Crzypengu

I'm trying to work out if it's crazy to even consider going to the midnight launch, I see there's a 24 hour car park very close to Leicester square so parking not an issue (apart from London parking prices!), I think the Falcon would fit in my car, though I'd have to strap it into the passenger seat as I know the boot is only just big enough for the current largest Lego box (Ninjago City\Death Star size), but it's still a 2 hour+ drive each way (and the cost of petrol) then need to be up for work the next morning! There's also the possibility of going and there not being enough stock so not even actually ending up with a Falcon.

I also hear that although there will be Lego designers there including the designer of the original UCS Falcon, that the designer of the new Falcon itself will not be there, so seems a little odd to get it signed by random Lego designers.

Could be a fun experience though.

Just now, Tavis75 said:

I'm trying to work out if it's crazy to even consider going to the midnight launch, I see there's a 24 hour car park very close to Leicester square so parking not an issue (apart from London parking prices!), I think the Falcon would fit in my car, though I'd have to strap it into the passenger seat as I know the boot is only just big enough for the current largest Lego box (Ninjago City\Death Star size), but it's still a 2 hour+ drive each way (and the cost of petrol) then need to be up for work the next morning! There's also the possibility of going and there not being enough stock so not even actually ending up with a Falcon.

I also hear that although there will be Lego designers there including the designer of the original UCS Falcon, that the designer of the new Falcon itself will not be there, so seems a little odd to get it signed by random Lego designers.

I only read a lot of Pros in your post. Do it :laugh: :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Tavis75 said:

You have to do it. If for no other reason than strapping it in your passenger seat whilst exclaiming loudly "Chewie, get us out of here!" down Coventry St. 

Just now, Markalus said:

You have to do it. If for no other reason than strapping it in your passenger seat whilst exclaiming loudly "Chewie, get us out of here!" down Coventry St. 

This is reason enough :laugh: :thumbup:

Would be a 3 hour trip each way for me and until this morning I was still toying with the idea but finding out the designers there at the midnight signing event are not the ones that actually designed it sort of makes it pointless IMO

52 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Ha, that is true!

Guess I'll just see how crazy I'm feeling when I finish work on Wednesday. When I think about it sensibly I reckon that between the petrol\parking and missed cashback it will probably cost me about £60, which is a bit silly, but I really fancy one of those wheeled boxes!

I'll have a 15 minute timeframe from opening to get in get the falcon and whatever else before I have to leave to get the last train. I'm gonna do it aware of how stupid it is. Haha

3 hours ago, Tavis75 said:

I'm in the same boat, it's a 2:30 drive for me straight from work. I saw the car park you're talking about but the times are annoying it's either 4 hrs or 24hrs to choose from, at least there might be a few of walking back there together. Thankfully no congestion charge at that time as well! See you down there if you end up still going. 

I think it's the warmth of my office chair at midnight to see about getting one online from midnight followed by a trip to my Lego store around 7.30 the following morning if I'm not successful.

I've got some questions about The nee Mf. Is it possible to buy The Falcon Right in 14th September in The Store in cologne if I'm a vip member. I know that it's possible to Order it from The 14th of September. If i'll Order it When do i GEt it? Do I have ti wait until 1 october. 

Are there Any stores where Young von buy The falcon on 14th september pe is oh just The one in london?

Would be Great if someone Knows an answer.

30 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I've got some questions about The nee Mf. Is it possible to buy The Falcon Right in 14th September in The Store in cologne if I'm a vip member. I know that it's possible to Order it from The 14th of September. If i'll Order it When do i GEt it? Do I have ti wait until 1 october. 

Are there Any stores where Young von buy The falcon on 14th september pe is oh just The one in london?

Would be Great if someone Knows an answer.

If you order it online then you'll get it before the 1st of october, depends on the shipping time! It doesn't seem like anyone's sure whether or not every store will have it on the 14th but if you live near the Cologne store it will be worth checking in on that day :)

If I don't decide to go mad and drive to London, does anyone know when the MF is likely to become available online in the UK? I was waiting for the VIP release of Ninjago City and checked once or twice overnight but it didn't actually become available till about 8:45am, I assumed it would be midnight on the dot. Is it normal for the release to be late or was Ninjago City an anomaly?

If I don't decide to go mad and drive to London, does anyone know when the MF is likely to become available online in the UK? I was waiting for the VIP release of Ninjago City and checked once or twice overnight but it didn't actually become available till about 8:45am, I assumed it would be midnight on the dot. Is it normal for the release to be late or was Ninjago City an anomaly?

Varies but it should be there midnight if not a bit before, the Force Friday sets were available to buy from 11:30pm Thursday and previous pre-orders I stayed up for (GBHQ and Snowspeeder) were available to purchase at or just before midnight so I will be hitting refresh from 11pm onwards.

Edited by Andyperkins

For everyone in the USA- went to the lego store today to get my MF brochure and ogle at the built set. They said S@H MF for VIPs will go on sale the 14th at 8 AM eastern for all north america so it goes on sale for everyone at once(midnight in Hawaii?). Also, they said the atlanta store will have 16 in stock but may have a hard time getting more as the distributor is in Florida (hurricane). Can anyone else confirm the 8 E.T. Release?

Edited by Pariah

59 minutes ago, legolandia said:

The UCS MF is not a limited edition is it?

No... it'll be around for a while and after the initial clamour for them you'll be able to wander into a Lego store and pick one up at will.

23 minutes ago, Robianco said:

No... it'll be around for a while and after the initial clamour for them you'll be able to wander into a Lego store and pick one up at will.

But that's just it, 'initial clamour' + LEGO's laughably poor ability to factor fan interest means it could be months before the set is reliably on shelves. If lego are the sort of demons that would fire 1,400 people over a 3% fall in profit they may also deliberately under produce this set...

Edited by DrasticPlastic

31 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

But that's just it, 'initial clamour' + LEGO's laughably poor ability to factor fan interest means it could be months before the set is reliably on shelves. If lego are the sort of demons that would fire 1,400 people over a 3% fall in profit they may also deliberately under produce this set...

Thats extremely harsh. LEGO has a pretty good ability to factor Fan desires, I mean thats clearly part of the reason we're getting a new Falcon. They didn't have to make a new one but did due the extremely high demand, and price on the second hand market of the 2007 one. Sure they were also motivated by sales, but they could of easily made something else and made money. Plus just looking at the updates the Falcon has recieved, they were clearly made for Fans. Lego didn't need to add interior parts or different radar dishes. 

LEGO can only produce so much of a single set at once logistically. They only have so many molding machines, so many printers and only so much transport space. Its not the only set they're making currently and the production of UCS MF's can't take over the whole factory. 

There's more than enough for people, maybe everyone should stop panicing and think logically. These things are going to be available for a few years, its not majorily important everyone gets one on day one. LEGO will make sure the flagship SW set will be regularly stocked in its stores. 

Also while its not massively relevant to the MF, LEGO's decision to layoff (not fire, firing someone implies they broke rules or did something wrong) 1400 employees doesn't make them evil. They didn't just get rid of 1400 people, I'm sure thats an incredibly tough decision, that they thought long and hard about. The customer comes first not the employee, and if these job loses ensure LEGO's survival long term, or allows them to deliver better and stronger experiences to the customer then its the right decision.

Everyone just needs to calm down and not panic, the MF will be restocked regularly.