Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Partial(?) interior looks awesome, but I still see no indication of a display stand (I dont know what to think of the black foot under tge falcon on yesterday's leak). Looking at the grey outline on the side of the box, the under side of the MF might be very bare. 

Yup, no display stand. Just saw another pic and the UCS plaque is by itself like in 10179. Might there still be a shred of hope?

Edited by Terrasher

Wow. This Is a cool set. Just came out of my dark ages 2 months ago, after ~8-10 years... hard to find all the money for legos. Ill most likely get this, though I also want a set with Jedi Luke in it, so  i have the ucs death star on my list as well.

16 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

Gah missed the pictures. Will wait for the reveal I guess.

@Spongebob456 - they've just been re-posted :classic:

I'm just interested in the exclusive figures (Han and I think Leia's print is different), but I dare not think what people will try and sell them for on eBay. I'll probably have to pass :(

Oh yeees found the picture. Looks awesome and detailed! Can't see any images of Porgs but they have been on other deleted posts. I'm hyped up and I'm not even purchasing it! xD

11 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Partial(?) interior looks awesome, but I still see no indication of a display stand (I dont know what to think of the black foot under tge falcon on yesterday's leak). Looking at the grey outline on the side of the box, the under side of the MF might be very bare. 

Yup, no display stand. Just saw another pic and the UCS plaque is by itself like in 10179. Might there still be a shred of hope?

It has feet... It has 7500 pieces purely in the build itself. I'd much rather all them pieces stayed in the build than them having taken away some detailing so it can have an extra stand (I mean, the feet are a stand in itself). What's with the fuss of a stand? You'll be free to design one yourself, that's part of enjoying Lego!  

Some people are never happy...

Cannot wait to see the interior of the thing in more detail. Even if it's only minimal, it's something extra to appreciate and admire. I'm sure this will make stop motion peeps or photographers delighted! 

Just now, Borex said:

It is so big. Where are you guys going to put it?

That's what she said!

Sensational! Just. Wow. Guess TFA Falcon has slightly different mandibles.

Anyway - give me HD pics, let's see this partial interior!

Edited by DrasticPlastic

Is this the same size as the old one just with more detail (and an interior of course)?

Also, sorry for the questions - I don't understand what those second two components are that come with the rectangular radar dish attachment. 

3 minutes ago, Borex said:

It is so big. Where are you guys going to put it?

It's gonna be my new coffee table. Now to find a case big enough for it.

5 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

It has feet... It has 7500 pieces purely in the build itself. I'd much rather all them pieces stayed in the build than them having taken away some detailing so it can have an extra stand (I mean, the feet are a stand in itself). What's with the fuss of a stand? You'll be free to design one yourself, that's part of enjoying Lego!  

Some people are never happy...

I know I'll be able to design my own stand. But if I'm about to spend 1k $ on this set, I might aswell hope for most of everything. You do you, I do I. Still can't wait for september 14th! :wink:

On a more "on-topic" note, anyone know if the set will be on display at LEGO stores tomorrow? I called both stores near me and they're still playing the game of "new millenium falcon? What are you talking about?"

The new Millenium Falcon looks great and all, but whats with that one black stripe on the mandible?  Must be some designchange form The Last Jedi, because I have never seen that...

Also, the round radar dish is basically made via one huge sticker? Come on, there are MOCs of that dish out there that catch the design perfectly with bricks. The new dish got the proper treatment, but not the old. Quite a bummer.

And the Minifig-Selection is reaally weak for the biggest and most expensive lego set imo. Nothing exlusive or new in case of characters and the total amount could have been bigger, too.

Its basically the skeleton-crew, nothing special like Lando or Old Luke for the new cast.

I really hope those porgs don't stay exclusive they are amazing little builds. They use a reprinted BB-8 head. Honestly this set is amazing I don't think I will ever get it but wow 

To me, the most fascinating is how inconsistent LEGO is with this series...the packaging clearly calls back to the first UCS models, but after a brief period of the Ultimate Collector's Series badge now we're back to Ultimate Collector Series :sweet: Probably just my defect, but that bothers me more than the lukewarm minifig selection.

17 minutes ago, BigEl said:

The new Millenium Falcon looks great and all, but whats with that one black stripe on the mandible?  Must be some designchange form The Last Jedi, because I have never seen that...

Agreed. This and some of those olive green pieces will be something to change.

6 minutes ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Agreed. This and some of those olive green pieces will be something to change.

Saw that olive green as well, like why is that even there?

I looked through a few falcon depictions and the only one where that dark greyish stripe is to be seen is on this one:

latest?cb=20161109101807

43 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It's gonna be my new coffee table. Now to find a case big enough for it.

Somebody better make a specified topic for 'How to display your UCS MF'. 

I have no complaints. I can't wait for the high res pics tomorrow!

As always, it's going to attract it's fair share of detractors especially at the rumoured price. I can't even begin to comprehend the complexity of bringing a product like this to market and I think Lego (and Hans and the team involved) have done a frankly amazing job.

I've been anticipating this set for months and that ride, to this point, has been brilliant. I'm excited to buy this, and can't wait to start building.

Thanks also to @Stash2Sixx for breaking the rumour so long ago, without that prior knowledge, I would not have been prepared for the wallet busting expense this set represents!

Just now, badgerboy said:

I have no complaints. I can't wait for the high res pics tomorrow!

@Stash2Sixx

You should not to wait for that long. 75 minutes to go :)

Just now, Air1 said:

You should not to wait for that long. 75 minutes to go :)

Is the unveil not tomorrow, on Force Friday.