Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

27 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

Many LEGO Store Employees died to bring us this information:

75192 CONFIDENTIAL_Direct $799.00

My god you deserve a medal for that.

I have no doubts that the UCS falcon is coming, I'm just a bit confused as to why it would be in store's systems this early. Could they be doing a possible bait and switch and dropping it on May 4 alongside the snowspeeder?

8 hours ago, jackster99 said:

So that link shows a price of 699.99 euros. Which translates to $761 USD at current exchange rates. So if that link is legit, my guess is the falcon will retail for $749.99 in the US?

Exchange rates are irrelevant in this business. Especially to/from USD.

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

What pic?  The one Penkid11 linked?  From the LBR store in Northpark Mall?

Yeah :o although I didn't see any Penkid11 linked pic, someone else had linked it

Edited by Fuppylodders

18 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

Exchange rates are irrelevant in this business. Especially to/from USD.

Fair enough!

So I need like 2000+ dollars to purchase the upcoming sets I want.  LOL. 

And I am not talking about retired sets I need to complete.

2 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

Penkid linked to the thread prior to the user uploading the image, hence the discrepancy.

Ohhh Haha yeah my bad :p

5 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

So this is this directly from a store's system then? This would pretty much confirm it, no?

Edited by Hell_Hawk_33

Geez, for me to drop that on one set is going to be hard!!

I'm hoping for at least a small interior, similar to the original Kenner Falcons from the 70's and 80's. Just the back half under the exhaust ports.

Any news on piece counts??

For this money, if they don't give in an interior, they can...go someplace warm. This price still brings tears to my eyes, I was praying for the rumor not being true, but as I see it's more and more likely now....

2 hours ago, brobert said:

For this money, if they don't give in an interior, they can...go someplace warm. This price still brings tears to my eyes, I was praying for the rumor not being true, but as I see it's more and more likely now....

Indeed, at that price we are talking about something astonishing - but if it's not then it would be impossible to justify the outlay

11 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Evidence? You mean hearsay and rumours...

To me several TLC employees saving up money right now to be able to buy it "on release day" (sic) is evidence enough. That also hints towards an attractive set and a bit of a limitation.

Oh and btw, UCS ISD will be coming 2018/19 as the next in the biggie class.

3 minutes ago, Chief Togusa said:

To me several TLC employees saving up money right now to be able to buy it "on release day" (sic) is evidence enough. That also hints towards an attractive set and a bit of a limitation.

Let's hope that it is a slightly different take, for example, the Finalizer or the Eclipse

Well I just have to save up to buy the Mynock (if it's included) on BL and eventually any exclusive mini figures if they look like they worth it, so 100 euros should due.

2 hours ago, Chief Togusa said:

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm not getting my hopes up until someone else can add something to this.

Re: lego store falcon pic

shouldn't the price be xxx.99? Aren't all prices rounded down a penny?

That would be $800 US so what will it be for Canadians!? If sets are $100 more when they're $300.... This could mean they'd inflate it to $1000. AHAHHAH never - EVER getting this set then. 

Does it come with the whole Astroid field or the Exogorth. The Exogorth does appear in the Carousel Designer video....  

14 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

My wallet can not repel prices of this Magnitude!

Take out a loan if you can't afford it. This is the kind of deal you'll regret not taking. ;)

I remember the first one. I was too poor and a student to be able to buy it from Costco where it was. Wanted it so bad... should have just spent my book money on it. I never read the books in college anyways lol.

4 minutes ago, BrickG said:

Take out a loan if you can't afford it. This is the kind of deal you'll regret not taking. ;)

I remember the first one. I was too poor and a student to be able to buy it from Costco where it was. Wanted it so bad... should have just spent my book money on it. I never read the books in college anyways lol.

Even if I think that the value indeed would increase, I very much doubt that the new version would reach the same secondary value as the last one, I think this will finally punctuate lego investment on a bigger scale, but updating (rereleasing) old USC, it sends a signal that buying lego to accumulate money is not safe, at least not in the long run. If I bought one like these purely for investment, I probably sell it after 5-6 years to be sure I would get rid of it before a new version came again... It will be interesting how much the value of 10179 will drop within a year from the new USC release 

The original UCS Falcon was something of an anomaly... no other UCS set reached that level of insane pricing (up to 10x original cost) on the secondary market... so I'm not sure that its reissue is really going to change the way people buy and resell their sets.

Anyone buying LEGO sets (UCS or otherwise) as investment purchases already has to realize that their resale value follows a bell curve over time... you can see this every time a redesigned set is announced... 3-4 months ago older-model UCS Death Stars and A-Wings flooded eBay, just as Episode II Jedi Starfighters and UCS Snowspeeders and Falcons are now. The resale value of all these older sets will crater once updated models are released. 

This is off-topic, I know. Mea culpa.

On-topic, if we take the $799 price tag as fairly reliable at this point, and you do the math to account for 10 years' inflation, that would seem to indicate a higher piece-count than the previous UCS Falcon. Adjusting for inflation, a straight repack of the original $499 (US) set would be ±$649 today. If the new set is indeed $150 more than that, that gives hope that we might see an interior or an underside. Or TLG is just screwing us because they can.

The Star Wars license with Lego is now more expensive for Lego.  There was some sort of renegotiation at some point. So a straight up inflation adjustment wouldn't work. It would have to be higher. I have no idea what the details were but Star Wars sets did go up noticeably when they did that. I'd say... just guessing... that $700-750 would be closer after inflation and the higher cost of the license. If it's closer to 750 it might be hard to do a proper interior.

Right, but I was already factoring in the higher price-per-piece that LEGO SW sets now command... if you do a strict calculation of the last 10 years' inflation, a $500 set from 2007 would today be around $585, with no adjustment for how TLG prices their Star Wars line. I rounded up to $650 based on TLG's price bump for the UCS Death Star, which went from $400 in 2008 to $500 in 2016 (when, solely accounting for inflation, it would have bumped to ~$460).

Which means a $799 2017 UCS Falcon would likely have substantially more pieces than the model that sold in 2007 for $499. But who knows...