Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

2 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

Wow! Another brilliant series @Robert8! It’s great to see a classic line up from many different genres. 

The island king, trophy, food delivery man, farmer girl, basketball player, maid, and evil mastermind are perfect additions to the CMF collection, and executed well. What I like about these ideas is that go above and beyond the archetype, making real ‘characters’ out of them. They’d be a real joy to collect! 

Do you mind explaining your inspiration for the Arachne, and the Magical Girl? I don’t think I get these ones. 

Also, that Time Traveler... :wub::wub::wub:

Arachne hails from Greek mythology, she was a weaver, who's pride and skill provoked Athena. There was a weaving contest, Athena accused Arachne of impiety, as her tapestry depicted many romances of Zeus. Arachne hanged herself, Athena felt sorry for her, and turned her into a spider. Magic girl however is inspired by anime, Sailor Moon in particular.

Another well-done series like usual!

It's really interesting to see the Basketball Player and the Magical Girl here since I also had those two in my CMF. I think your renditions came out really well! (I especially think you did a better job with the basketball player's hair.)

Other personal favorites have to be the Evil Mastermind, Blind Man, and the Hypnotist (Really like his creepy spiral-eyed face).

By the way, what's the reference with the hand and watch being with the Crocodile Guy? I'm curious about that. 

Edited by LegoGuy03

7 minutes ago, LegoGuy03 said:

Another well-done series like usual!

It's really interesting to see the Basketball Player and the Magical Girl here since I also had those two in my CMF. I think your renditions came out really well! (I especially think you did a better job with the basketball player's hair.)

Other personal favorites have to be the Evil Mastermind, Blind Man, and the Hypnotist (Really like his creepy spiral-eyed face).

By the way, what's the reference with the hand and watch being with the Crocodile Guy? I'm curious about that. 

A famous pirate is missing a hand...

I think we found it... :pir-sceptic:

16 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

A famous pirate is missing a hand...

I think we found it... :pir-sceptic:

Ohh, I see now. That's pretty funny.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts

Very appreciated, as usual :classic:

5 hours ago, LegoGuy03 said:

I had some troubles with Series T because you and CM4Sci on instagram made regular series that included several characters from my Series T. And LEGO itself released a blind man with a guide dog this winter. 

So, I had to remove some of the coincidences like dentist, gamer girl. And also changed the Blind Man so it would have the same dog and harness LEGO released in the City sets :laugh:

6 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Do you mind explaining your inspiration for the Arachne, and the Magical Girl? I don’t think I get these ones. 

Magical Girl is an archetype from manga/anime

Like a teenager girl who has magical powers, so she has to deal with school and saving the world every now and then.

Some of the references are Sailor Moon of course, Madoka Magica, Card Captor Sakura.... it's a very popular archetype in Japan

They usually have a cute pet, thus the inclusion of the bunny

7 Magical Girl Anime Series Every Queer Geek Should Know

Here are more examples https://www.fandomspot.com/magical-girl-anime/

About Arachne, I think @Eggyslav said it all. She is another member of the "Athena cursed me" club. Pretty much like Medusa

@Robert8 Thank you for clearing that up. They both make for pretty nice CMFs! 

btw, may we ever get to see those figures you mentioned and had to remove from this series? I’d love to see your rendition of a Dentist. 

Some of my graphic design work will be featured in a magazine issue soon. There is the old version of the Blind Man because I sent some pieces of my work before the change. 

Dentist and gamer girl will show up at some point (I hope)

OMG, Arachne is SO COOL!

Lots of great details in this series. Here, I'll call some out:

• The china pattern on the Maid's crockery
  • The Island King's tiki totems--what a fun concept!
  • Crocodile Guy's loose hand--big chuckle from me on that one
  • Everything about the Magical Girl
  • The Hypnotist's swirly eyes
  • The Farmer Girl's grain stalk
  • The Composer's embroidered coat and waistcoat. Very classy!

When are they going to put you in charge of CMF designs?

Loving these as always! The crocodile guy and the hand is a clever joke.

Now that we have Aztec eagle and jaguar warriors, I'd love to see your take on a coyote warrior some day to round out the group.

Wonderful, as always. You know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Arachne, she is perfection. And I adore the TIme Traveler, the Hypnotist, and the Crocodile Man especially because of the use of those clever accessories. The Farmer Girl is sweet, and I want one ... the goat is icing on that particular cake as well LOL. Really, just good stuff all around. Thanks for all you do to keep us enthusiastic and entertained!

I really don't understand why people keep saying that there are no more possible ideas for the regular Collectible Minifigures series. These designs are amazing, why can't LEGO designers be as  creative as Robert :sceptic:

The Evil  mastermind is perfect!

And I love the hand and the clock in the Crocodile guy.

Edited by Yooha
Autocorrect

How do I get to the parallel universe where these are the official releases rather than the dull crap we're actually getting?

Hey Roberto,

Nice job on this most recent series. My personal favorites would have to be the Time Traveler, Blind Man, Farmer Girl, Maid, and Composer. The details in the print, as well as the use of new and old pieces just amazes me. I was wondering if you'd consider in the future to have a whole series based on Brawlhalla? It's a very fun game with many unique legends that would honestly look great in minifig form. If not a whole series, would u at least consider taking inspiration for some future figs scattered throughout the remaining series? I think that certain legends could be good inspiration. Ideas like an Alien Tyrant, Aztec Queen, Super Hero, Post Apocalyptic Survivor/Raider, Skeleton King, Rock Monster, Monk, Kitsune, Orc Warrior, Archangel, Haunted Armor, and more could be implemented. I'll post a link to all the legends below. Again, great work! Can't wait to see what's in store for April!

Brawlhalla Legends Link: https://www.brawlhalla.com/legends/

What an amazing series! I wish @Robert8 worked for Lego these designs are so good. You do a really good job of working with existing tropeswhile bringing concepts not yet utilized by TLG. It shows how much potential for new ideas this theme still has. Individual thoughts

1. Time Traveler - Really hope Lego steals this exact look. All of them really haha I want to buy all of these. Love the gun, aesthetic choices and steampunk influence

2. Representation matters. The guide dog is already a thing in City I believe? The guide stick could be an existing mould I believe? But it all plays together well. Reminds me of the broken leg guy from Series 16 (?). 

3. Humpty Dumpty fell into a resume bin and got hired at Lego. Seriously can you work for them. Favorite of the batch and its a strong batch

4. Need the cat mould. Feels somewhat James Bond somewhat Austin Powers.

5. Farmer Girl - simple yet fun to look at

6. is the island king helmet mould one from the 80’s/90’s? Feels familiar. well done with the tiki statue accessory 

7. How have we never gotten a maid? She looks perfect if we ever got one I’d hate for them to stray from this design.

8. Instantly recognized the sailor moon reference. Love the hair and the unique trope influence.

9.  Hypnotizing! The eyes are mesmerizing and the cloth skirt piece works wonderfully.

10. Crocodile with a Captain Hook reference? It makes it a more interesting costume considering how little I enjoy costumed figures anymore

11.  Didn’t know Athena made this curse but love the final product and would again like to see it in real Lego. 

12.  Love that hair mould!!

13. Checkmate, winning design haha

14. composed a great body print lol. This is how we should have gotten the violin mould! Not some kid in normal clothes. Look at the detail on that leg print

15. Food delivery guy is a good nod to modern delivery drivers and I appreciate it 

16. So creative. Is Lady Liberty our most recent inanimate mini figure? Love the influence in something like a trophy for a character it shows a strong creative process

Please apply to the Lego group. I want to buy all these designs.

Edited by cosmic

@cosmic thanks for the insightful feedback! Im glad you found something interesting on every character

About the Blind Man, I made it before the city 2021 sets leaked. So I just changed the dog and the harness

The mask is from King Kahuka. Thats a throwback minifogure like TLG did with the S19 Jungle Explorer (aka Johnny Thunder)

The most recent inanimate minifogure would be the S14 Gargoyle I think

And yes, you're correct: thats a reference to the Peter Pan story in the croc costume

@Drew15 Thanks. I'll give it a look but Im too sure about it

I have heard about this for ages but never got time to see. It was worth the wait

On 2/26/2021 at 6:11 PM, Drew15 said:

Hey Roberto,

Nice job on this most recent series. My personal favorites would have to be the Time Traveler, Blind Man, Farmer Girl, Maid, and Composer. The details in the print, as well as the use of new and old pieces just amazes me. I was wondering if you'd consider in the future to have a whole series based on Brawlhalla? It's a very fun game with many unique legends that would honestly look great in minifig form. If not a whole series, would u at least consider taking inspiration for some future figs scattered throughout the remaining series? I think that certain legends could be good inspiration. Ideas like an Alien Tyrant, Aztec Queen, Super Hero, Post Apocalyptic Survivor/Raider, Skeleton King, Rock Monster, Monk, Kitsune, Orc Warrior, Archangel, Haunted Armor, and more could be implemented. I'll post a link to all the legends below. Again, great work! Can't wait to see what's in store for April!

Brawlhalla Legends Link: https://www.brawlhalla.com/legends/

some of the designs from this game would work like Bodvar for example (I have played since 2016). However characters like Rayman or Kor may not work as well. I would personally want to see a design for Cross or Lucien.

Edited by gryffindorbrickkid

On 3/5/2021 at 9:16 AM, gryffindorbrickkid said:

I have heard about this for ages but never got time to see. It was worth the wait

some of the designs from this game would work like Bodvar for example (I have played since 2016). However characters like Rayman or Kor may not work as well. I would personally want to see a design for Cross or Lucien.

Tbh, I think that most of the characters could transfer pretty well since most are human. I do think that some of the more unique characters like Onyx, Mako, and Ragnir could be a little more difficult to design. I also think it'd be cool to make minifigs based around the character skins. Imagine Kitsune Hatori in minifig form... Or Slasher Barraza... Shadowstalker Diana... And so much more... As for Kor... I actually had an interesting thought. In order to make his body look bulky, one could make use of a piece similar to what TLG uses for Chewbacca in LEGO Star Wars... It would still be tricky to design, but I think that could work.

You are awesome Robert. Just want to say that. :classic:

10 hours ago, Niku said:

You are awesome Robert. Just want to say that. :classic: