All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Roadmonkeytj

(Moc) Narrow Gauge Dining Car and Sleeper

Thanks! I would stick to a combine as it seems more fitting for a shorter train ... But a private car with rear observation platform would be sweet way to bring up the rear instead of the traditional workman's car "caboose”
  3. Toastie

COPPA and Technic Youtube creators

This is a very nice, calm, clear explanation of the facts. I have very carefully listened to what was told in that video. To me, it appears to be clear - but is that really so? Here is what I understood: Mark your videos, where LEGO do come in sight (even at remote distance) as "for kids". That's it, right? Or do I miss something? (Take into consideration that on >real< average, my less than 10 videos get about 200 hits; the remaining 400.000 were because I used in one video a Hanna Montana song and in another one a Glenn Miller piece - certainly not because of visual content) Now: Where on earth do I mark my stupid videos as "for kids"? If it is THAT BIG OF A DEAL than there needs to be an equally BIG BUTTON I can press to mark it up. There is not. I cannot care less whether the videos are for kids or not - they are for LEGO enthusiasts. 0.1 year old or 100 years old - I - do - not - care. Man. This internet thing begins to >really< get on my nerves. Well the supposedly so smart legal people doing internet that is. The only one thing that I like about all this garbage: When you divide the FTC max. "penalty" by 1000 and round off, the result is 42. THAT is certainly not a coincidence. So get ready, suck back a couple of pints, check for your towel, and be prepared to leave this stupid planet. All the best and have a very nice WE! Thorsten EDIT: Just checked: The YT/Google AI has done that already! No comments, no ads, a void. As if they have blasted away all that to make room for a hyperspace bypass going directly through my YT comments section. Ooops: For the Google AI:. I really do not want to get the EB forum in trouble. I mean ... forget it.
  4. I can see the other series getting lego sets but I'm a bit skeptical about "What if?" Imagine those characters that we haven't even gotten in their normal appearances before then it will be a variant.
  5. Roadmonkeytj

[MOC] My OcTRAINber submission

PhillB this is brilliant ... I love the moving picture box approach ... I do believe you could animate the track however to make it look right you would have to legthen the belt so as your eye never sees the track elements fall into place. I do believe this "fits" the spirit although not what they may have had in mind lol you should add flex tubing inside your tree to help keep it together
  6. Tommy Styrvoky

I'm gonna play it safe, as bad as it is to loose community features and comments, it's not worth the fine. Unfortunately from a legal sense anything Lego could be deemed as a toy regardless of the scope or context, that puts any of us at a risk if we decide to mark as not for kids. I could show my content to any audience, while my demographics show 87% of my viewers to be over 18, what's stopping kids from using their parent's accounts or ignoring age requirements. The other thing I am curious about is what if something isn't designed to be viewed by kids, but is? I'm guessing Youtube will take action against those, as the FTC is more concerned about a child's data. if that happens, I would rather have my content deleted from Youtube than get finned, I can move my content elsewhere if that happens. It's really unfortunate, this will basically kill any sense of community on Youtube for my interacting with my audience, it would just be a number, It will also probably kill any channel focused with child friendly content, as it wouldn't be profitable for Youtube, so it would be probably be pushed back in the visibility algorithms. I would be fine marking the videos as for children or some intermediate age group that would still allow for these features, but disable ad tracking. Another thing that will be interesting, to see how it pans out. What happens to channels that are inactive, what if they never set an audience as they left YT years ago, could the FTC go after them if YT defaults content to be not view-able by children based off of some algorithm that could be wrong?
  7. Exetrius

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

@Chilis Oopsy daisy!
  8. Roadmonkeytj

Misadventures in Tilt

So could a third gyro be oriented to pick up forward or reverse? Concept of course since you only have one. For now you could program it to turn on a light (which could later be used for headlights) on the end of the engine it detects movement to. The other sensors could be tested individually by limiting direction of travel to their fwd or rev orientation. Then all you would have to do is integrate the three in one program ... Theoretically of course lol Edit : in my head I picture a fwd gyro for tilt then servo on first car second car would have the movement gyro for direction the EV3 and a tilt servo third car would have a reversed gyro for tilt in opposite travel and a tilt servo. three sensors three motors (with ability to add a fourth car) and you wouldn't be scattering color tiles all over your layout ...
  9. kbalage

@Cut the Kragle the real problem is not with the fine from the FTC. The problem is that YouToube retains the rights to mark your video as "for kids" content and you will not be able to disagree. If the video is marked for kids then it is basically flushed down the toilet, no notifications, no comments, no recommendations, no viewers.
  10. AlexSanders

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I was able to switch my 6 wide Porsche 911 RSR 75888 to 8 wide. It wasn't so difficult. Basically, you just have to follow the instructions, adding two wide in the middle. I used a Trans-Black Windscreen 3 x 6 x 2 and, for the wheels, a Technic Brick 1 x 2 with Hole. The result, to be honnest, wasn’t so nice like i espected. I just hope the newest 8 wide models be well done.
  11. Today
  12. Fraunces

[SR - FB 1 Nov 619] Botanical Garden

That's awesome Dr Thaum
  13. Cut the Kragle

Yeah I get that, but really, what legal action can they actually take against someone in a different country. Besides removing their videos / channels?
  14. My Opinion : Any brand that copies sets from MOCs is just 100% as bad as copying directly from LEGO, even if their quality of parts/electronics is as good compared to LEGO.
  15. Ummm.... yea, this is dangerously close to being shut down. C'mon guys. Read the guidelines. Jim?
  16. kbalage

@Cut the Kragle if you upload anything to YouTube your content will be available in the US, therefore you need to comply with their law unless you can make sure your content is not available in that county.
  17. Cut the Kragle

Thing is, I get that COPPA, a US law, applies to all content published on YouTube as that is where the company is based, where their servers are, etc, but the FTC has zero authority outside the US. So whilst they could get YT to take down videos or remove your channel completely - I struggle to see how they could enforce a $42,000 fine on someone in a different country...
  18. For anyone interested, out of curiosity, I've tried building one technic set of most of the brands that make technic sets. I'd rate the manufacturing quality of the parts as follows, Lego being 10/10: - Mould King 9/10 - Sembo 8/10 - Cada 7/10 - Lepin 5/10 - Winner 4.5/10 Anything 5/10 or less isn't good enough for moving parts to work properly. Note that I'm only talking about the quality itself - most of them chose to have much tighter pin & axle connection, which I personally really don't like, but I guess that's a design choice. For the PF system, I'd say Mould King beats Lego hands down. (sorry in case all this it too off-topic)
  19. For me the fastest and easiest solution for missing parts/prints is to find a good picture of that part on the internet, and add it to my render in the Photoshop. The final result can look great - you can tweak perspective, size, hue (and everything else) of the missing part, add shadows if needed, etc. If I use Parts Designer, it would take too much time to achieve that.
  20. ST1976

What was the last movie you watched?

The last movie I watched was alita battle angel it seemed to end oddly as if their was going to be a sequel no matter what.
  21. Reaper

[Q12 - Nanth'ri - TT] Stormtrooper patrol

Thanks! Yep, just an overhead light. I'll try using a second light next time!
  22. pooda

[MOC] Service Station

I agree. Simplicity and detail put in the same package.
  23. Even if he does, do we really need another M-ship? I'd much rather get other What If sets, from what we know so far Star Panther is definetely the one I'm the least excited about as it just doesn't really make sense to me
  24. Pchan1983

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Exactly. In fact even a search on B&P is dangerous.
  25. LegoDW

[MOC] Service Station

I like this better then "The Corner Garage. Very nice.
  1. Load more activity