Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

I didn't expect to see the Bat-Lord here! I love his batty sword hilt and his look under the helmet!

2 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Is this Fright Knights? Looks great as usual and the long hair is a good touch. 

Yes. He would be the leader of the S19 Fright Knight

Man, a reboot of Basil the Bat Lord is quite the pleasant surprise! If this guy showed up in the next castle reboot, I would become much more interested in the theme.

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

27. Fiend

Part assortment (9 pieces): New molded head. New tail piece. Wings introduced with the S14 Gargoyle. Flame whip (4 flame pieces). The Series 15 Faun legs. Regular torso. 

50293237707_0a720502de_o.png

Looks like a red Balrog nice 

I also really like the Basil remake I’ve been to to make one of my own since I don’t have an original.

I didn't know what a "fiend" is, but it looks like a devil/demon.

Amazing design! The arc of fire in the teaser image had me wondering what it could be for weeks.

Sadly, I doubt a design like this would ever become a reality, both because of the subject matter and the way of constructing the flame whip.

3 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Amazing design! The arc of fire in the teaser image had me wondering what it could be for weeks.

Sadly, I doubt a design like this would ever become a reality, both because of the subject matter and the way of constructing the flame whip.

He was originally meant to be a minifigure version of Burnzie, but it deviated a little :laugh:

What's wrong with the whip? I wasn't aware of any issue with chaining up flame pieces?

LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS - BURNZIE V'S KNIGHTS - YouTube

7 hours ago, williejm said:

Any chance to see the fiendish new tail?

Yes. At the end of the calendar next Saturday :classic:

In the "new pieces" section

Edited by Robert8

24 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

He was originally meant to be a minifigure version of Burnzie, but it deviated a little :laugh:

What's wrong with the whip? I wasn't aware of any issue with chaining up flame pieces?

That flame model is no longer being produced. The current model doesn't have the stability pegs.

16 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

That flame model is no longer being produced. The current model doesn't have the stability pegs.

Ohh if that's the issue, then there are chances the old mold is reused

The classic islander harpiece was brought back for Series 11, after more than a decade

Edited by Robert8

28. Ventriloquist Doll

Part assortment (6 pieces):  Anna's hairpiece from Disney CMF S2. Briefcase pieces. Short legs. Regular head and torso. Cloth skirt introduced with the Series D Porridge Eater

50293236807_17fcd6bc19_o.png

29. Spooky Tree Guy

Part assortment (6 pieces):  New spooky tree costume. New torso with molded arms. APaper bag introduced in Series L. Handle piece. Regular head and legs.

50293088311_42f49cac9d_o.png

Dangit, rebooted Batlord Basil is awesome! That's what should've been Series 19's Fright Knight (his new sword mold in particular is just plain cool)! :thumbup: :grin: Also, a hairpiece like Mirror Ghost's one would be sorta cool to see from Lego, and I wasn't expecting a house brand Balrog... :oh:

5 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Hold on, how is he supposed to hold his candy bag??

One assumes the "branch" parts of the costume are made of flexible foam and he can sort of curl his hand around the handle from inside.

Anyway I LOVE this one! I used the "tree disguise" piece from some Police sets to make a scary tree monster, but this would obviously work even better!

14 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Hold on, how is he supposed to hold his candy bag??

The minifigure?

I estimate you could just hang it in one of the arms