I think I would rather buy a volvo and an arocs than one porsche but it would be difficult hiding these from the wife,,,,, :sick:

High price, low price, it will be bought and it will be popular.

I've called Lego in CentrO Oberhausen today to ask whether they want to hold one for me since I can't go there until saturday, but that wasn't possible... She told me they will receive 25 Porsche sets and all of them are already reserved. Furthermore, she couldn't tell me when the next shipment of sets is expected...

The set became live to be straightaway sold out at the Lego store how the.... 30 day wait to be in stock again!! not a happy Aussie.

The set became live to be straightaway sold out at the Lego store how the.... 30 day wait to be in stock again!! not a happy Aussie.

Word is they are holding back shipping to fix some issues

Just picked mine up from the Lego Store in Manchester, U.K.

They had plenty of stock available.

Ok, so it is available basically all over the world in Lego stores, not just in Germany and Austria as the press release is saying. May I ask what the U.K. price was, including taxes?

Edited by Beard

It's in the store at 249.99 GBP.

That includes all taxes.

Edited by Boulderer

Was finally able to order one online. It was saying coming soon all night and morning, it's showing out of stock for me but I went ahead and placed my online order. 5% back for discover orders on shop.lego.com

Are these supposed to be in lego stores in the US today? Won't be able to get there till afternoon.

edit: See that NevynPA just posted a store that has them, so I guess they do. Looks like I'm making a stop on the way home from work.

I am hearing that at least US S@H online currently says "coming soon" but when you actually order it is says shipping in thirty days. So looks like you can still order it.

For me there wasn't any problem with ordering for Lego store, I was able to put it in my shopping cart since I woke up (~9AM CET). And it is saying that it is temporarily out of stock and will ship in 30 days, it was like that whole time I am awake.

I know that this set is generally considered a disappointment and way too overpriced but I know myself too well, so I ordered one already :) I'm wondering how they are going to solve instruction problem - my guess is that they will place few papers inside the box with corrections, as a quick fix, at least for the first batches. But if they really want to maintain that selfproclaimed "Ultimate" label, they might eventually reprint all the books. I think this mistake is going to cost them either way. TLG got a bit lucky that these issues happened in this "limited" initial run, not with all-out release on August. Maybe that was their intent - to have a test run and fix whatever issues come up before full release.

da hell? ..... http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

nice one Lego!...keep the hype train going and give the scalpers and profiteers a nice tidy profit. how about making sure there is enough stock to satisfy demand and so put an END to this profiteering madness we see with certain sets.

Edited by Richard Dower

Heads up for anyone who does want to buy 42056 and is able to get to London, The Lego Store at Stratford Westfield do have them in stock and are selling them. Hardly visible though, tucked away right at the back of the store, nothing on display, quite amazing for such a hyped set.

I don't think the online stores ever sold any.. I know people that were up all night and the status of the set just kept changing..

Edited by Paul Boratko

Lego Store in Wienna SCS became 60 pcs. and 1 hour after opening were all sold out... People were waiting in front of the store already before opening... :/

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

I refreshed the page about 7am this morning and was still saying coming soon, then refreshed about 5 mins later and it was 'out of stock', however I don't think they sold any probably holding backing for one or more of the reasons in the other threads.

The lego stores seem to have them, my wife went and picked me one up from Westfield in London.

Edit: I think the pricing and availability thread is being used to discuss this stuff. I'm sure they'll start shipping soon

Edited by sonic978

I can confirm the shop reporting the set as coming soon til way past 01:00. I don't know the exact time it changed, but before I went to bed i reported sold out, awailable in 30 days. There is definitely something going on... I guess they have done a recall of all sets not sendt to a actual shop.

The gearbox problem with wrong sequence of gears may be one reason, the gearbox being prone to lockups may be another. Hopefully they will also make the body easier to separate from the chassis, but that may be hoping for too much...

-ED-

They coud be just allocating stock priority to LEGO Stores first. If there is a product recall, they would stop sales in the stores.