just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Wow u know any possibility of a genie mini figure appearing? He is a iconic character

Yesterday came out a 2016 Ninjago poster with the villain Nadakhan who is a Djinn, and he has a ponytail that makes me think about the ponytail Genie has in Aladdin

I think the Genie would be a bit repetitive after the Series 6 Genie who takes liberal inspiration from him.

You're totally right, I liked the series 6 Genie because of his likeness with the one in Aladdin, but this is just an idea association when I saw the Ninjago poster

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if the minifigures will be flesh coloured or yellow?

Either way, I'm excited for whatever turns up. Hopefully this sets a precedent for more licensed minifigure themes too :wub_drool:

I do not know for sure (perhaps it has been confirmed in a previous post). However, Lego hasn't made a yellow licensed figure (aside from the Simpsons) in more than 10 years. These figures will almost certainly be fleshies.

I do not know for sure (perhaps it has been confirmed in a previous post). However, Lego hasn't made a yellow licensed figure (aside from the Simpsons) in more than 10 years. These figures will almost certainly be fleshies.

Right, thanks. I'm even more excited now! (if that's possible)

The hair in the Ninjago poster is likely the Aurra Sing hair, a possibility which I am quite happy about. I have some ideas about other uses for that part.

Hook could give us a new hook hand, as his uses a basket hilt design, or we could finally get a nicely detailed overcoat piece.

I don't think it really matters to be honest.

Yes, and realistically it's about what sells well. The City Fire Station has been released some umpteen times now, the reason being is because it sells well. Sure, it bears some similarities to the Series 6 Genie but that doesn't mean to say they won't do it.

If we're talking about repetition in the minifigure series we had to mad scientists, in the same colour outfits with the same accessory with a different liquid inside. Genie isn't unlikely, he'd be the figure most likely to be reused in the DP theme (I doubt they'd make a Genie mini-doll)

If we're talking about repetition in the minifigure series we had to mad scientists, in the same colour outfits with the same accessory with a different liquid inside. Genie isn't unlikely, he'd be the figure most likely to be reused in the DP theme (I doubt they'd make a Genie mini-doll)

It's even less likely that an official set would mix minidolls with minifigures. Since the only Aladdin set so far only included Jasmine, it's unlikely that the DP theme will produce characters that aren't the Princes and Princesses themselves.

the only reason I bought this DP set is the magic carpet (no sticker) and Jasmine's hair (a great piece).

The hair in the Ninjago poster is likely the Aurra Sing hair, a possibility which I am quite happy about. I have some ideas about other uses for that part.

the piece is quite similar but clearly different, I never saw the ponytail on the new Ninjago poster, that's why that makes me think about Genie's ponytail in Aladdin, and if this ponytail on the poster is a new piece, it's obvious to me that it'll be reuse for Genie in the Disney series (a bit like the CMF15 queen's dress made me think to a reuse for Belle or Cinderella)

It must be the Aurra Sing hair. There's no reason for LEGO to make a new piece, and any differences are likely due to the motion shown in the artwork.

Can't wait for this series! Looking forward to hook and pan. Those of you not wanting a head mold for hook, you're in bad luck. More than half the series will have molded heads. There's going to be a small amount of regular heads.

Can't wait for this series! Looking forward to hook and pan. Those of you not wanting a head mold for hook, you're in bad luck. More than half the series will have molded heads. There's going to be a small amount of regular heads.

Personally, I don't love molded heads. It just doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the series. However, I'll still end up getting several of this series, the characters are just too iconic to pass up.

I don't know if it's already been posted or not (I can't be bothered going through 30 pages) but one of the figures we are getting is Hook.

YESSSS He is one of my favorite villains!

The odd shape of this head makes me think he could have a moulded head

Peterpan-disneyscreencaps.jpg?w=600

If they all look like toy story figures...I might not bother.

I can understand it in some cases, such as if they made Pooh or Dumbo, but for human minifigures?

Still cautiously optimistic though.

...But there are also a load of Disney characters that are not human and would require head molds... Are you trying to say that Hook won't have a normal 'fig head for certain, or just that our odds aren't great? Where'd you get it from that we'll be getting lots of new molds, anyways?

...But there are also a load of Disney characters that are not human and would require head molds... Are you trying to say that Hook won't have a normal 'fig head for certain, or just that our odds aren't great? Where'd you get it from that we'll be getting lots of new molds, anyways?

All CMF series have a lot of new molds. that has always been a big draw for people to it.

molded heads are crap, give us normal heads with removable accessories for every fig where that makes sense. toy story never needed molded heads =/

Personally, I don't love molded heads. It just doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the series. However, I'll still end up getting several of this series, the characters are just too iconic to pass up.

I think it works for animation because they're not realistic anyway. They're not live-action characters.

I'm going to guess that there will be molded heads for anyone in the parks they have as costumed characters, and standard Lego heads for anyone who is a face character. It seems to work as a mix there?

I'm going to guess that there will be molded heads for anyone in the parks they have as costumed characters, and standard Lego heads for anyone who is a face character. It seems to work as a mix there?

That sounds like a strong possibility to me, as well as one that might work well.

If this series features any characters already seen in the Disney Princess line, it can of course reuse the hair molds.

That's a possibility i suppose but it wouldn't sit right with me. i mean look at this picture.

http://www.diszine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/GleeStar-500x380.jpg

Hook looks ridiculously out of place here something that when translated to LEGO would just look awful. I'm stubborn and still hold my stance that it would be stupid for TLG to spend money on moulds that won't even look good.

That's a possibility i suppose but it wouldn't sit right with me. i mean look at this picture.

http://www.diszine.c...tar-500x380.jpg

Hook looks ridiculously out of place here something that when translated to LEGO would just look awful. I'm stubborn and still hold my stance that it would be stupid for TLG to spend money on moulds that won't even look good.

Would you rather Hook looked nothing like the character and just a standard pirate that could easily be based on one from Pirates of the Caribbean?

I'd rather the characters all looked good in a group, and giving some molded heads and some without would look rather sloppy.