Clonecommando007

Age Seperation: Y or N?

I also support the filtering out of the lagers into a separate servers to keep speed consistent for those of us not using AOL (faster computers are in a "fast" server too).

Well, that seems unfair just because some cannot afford/get a fast connection. :sad:

Well I don't think people should ever bother playing that game on something else than dsl / cable. The recent games need too many datas to be sent and receieved so you just wouldn't have a good gaming experience :sceptic:

I'll all for age separation. Little kids made me quit counter strike a while back, after I get tired of having them insult others

Isn't this game supposed to unite lego builders across the world? One of the reasons I stand behind age seperation is the protection of young children. However, it is inevitable that there will be, dare I say it :wacko: , "noobs", on this online game, but shouldn't the love for lego bricks redeem this slight annoyance? Lego is a truly amazing work of art that people of all ages can enjoy. I am not against speration, but I do represent tolerance and the love of lego bricks! :wink:

I feel it is in everyones best interests for lego to implement age segregation,however there will always be people who "cheat the system" and it is inevitable that a few 6-year-olds would find their way onto an adult server. Furthermore, I am only 13 but I think I am a reasonably mature person and I know I wouldn't want to get stuck with a bunch of immature kids spouting profanities they ought not to know, even if it was just a few kids ruining it for everyone else.

a bunch of immature kids spouting profanities they ought not to know, even if it was just a few kids ruining it for everyone else.

I would not like that either, but lego has promised this to be a safe game for all ages. That probably means everything rude or profane will be censored.

I would not like that either, but lego has promised this to be a safe game for all ages. That probably means everything rude or profane will be censored.

Unfortunately that probably also means less freedom while talking to other players. :hmpf_bad:

Unfortunately that probably also means less freedom while talking to other players. :hmpf_bad:

Yes... I understand that there is one MMOG that has censored hundreds of words, many of them not even profane, so it is very hard to construct a proper sentence. I would hope that this doesn't happen in Lego Universe, but we shall have to see.

As for age separation... I don't know, I think even if there was age separation, many children could still get in with the adults, and vice versa. I don't think it would make much difference.

:skull:

Yes... I understand that there is one MMOG that has censored hundreds of words, many of them not even profane, so it is very hard to construct a proper sentence. I would hope that this doesn't happen in Lego Universe, but we shall have to see.

As for age separation... I don't know, I think even if there was age separation, many children could still get in with the adults, and vice versa. I don't think it would make much difference.

:skull:

Exactly, no age seperation system on the internet is perfect and it would be almost impossible to ensure total seperation of kids and adults.

Well, i don't care as long as:

-the words "lol, omg, zomg, phail, Pwn, leet, 1337, haxxor" are filtered out

-lego fights trolling and 1337speaking idiots with a iron...err, lego fist.

Alas, since LEGO is geared to younger kids (with 14 as high as the Age limit on the box usually goes), I doubt there'll be age limits :sceptic: . Besides, everything interesting will happen in the older age groups, and the little kids'll probably join that group :sick: . AARRGHH! :angry:

Under 18 and 18+

How will the age be verified? No idea.

However the younger kids may think they're mature, they're still what they are: kids. Adults talk in a different manner, which isn't suitable for many under 16 at least. Not that all adults are mature, but the adult world is different. I'm not an adult yet. Even though I am close to the age and pass assumptions about the adult world, I have no clue how it really works. Now, how would a 10 year old would absorb that?

I doubt age separation will work. But it's something that should be considered for the best experience for all.

I say no. Let's face it - how on Earth are you supposed to verify how old someone is? Basically, if there were to be age separation, it would be based pretty much on honesty. So anyone who'd want to be in a different group can only lie about their age. And honestly, I don't think that it would benefit me if I'm stuck with immature kids. That would pretty much put me off it.

However, I can't see there being a separation of ages unless it's 13+ and 6-12. :wacko:

I'd say no 'cause older video game players (on LEGO Universe) could teach younger players what to do just incase the younger players didn't read. So yeah,no purpose of age groups. :tongue: Age groups suck. :hmpf_bad:

Isn't that the main reason we should have age groups?

8 Year old - Hey can you help me, how do i jump.

15 year old - You press space like you got told in the first place

8 Year old - It doesnt work (in reality he is press shift)

15 years old - Well thats what you gotta do

he then walks away

8 year old - hey come back you didnt help me

15 year old- yes i did, its not my problem if it doesnt work

8 year old - HELP ME NOW NOOB!!!!!!

15 year old - I have no leave me alone you noob

The 8 year old then reports him for calling him a noob even though he just did it to him.

The 15 year old gets suspended while the 8 year old takes this experiance with him and his personailty will change accordingly.

Thats why we need age filters :sceptic:.

On all MMOGS I have played on there is nothing wrong with noob. I think there should be separation but LEGO should block some words any way to keep a safe clean environment.

What 18+ would play a MMOG anyway? Without being reffered to as a n00b? :tongue: But why we ought to have age seperation- another conversation:

6 year old: Will you be me friend?

18 year old: Wah? You talking to me?

6 year old: Yeah! You! Will u be me friend?

18 year old: Uhhhh... no thanks?

6: YOU DON'T WANNA BE ME FRIEND!!!!

6 year old reports 18 year old for not being, "me friend".

11 year old: Dude, like, what's with your face?

23 year old: Huh?

11 year old, being an annoying brat, reports 23 year old for no reason.

The only swear LEGO would allow is *megablocks* :tongue:

I think the question is not of "age" seperation, but of "freedom" seperation.

For example, for all the little kiddies, there's only a set of questions, responses etc. that they can use. A bit like the brick game on lego.com.

Then all the bigger kids (and slightly braver little kids) can use the "free" chat option, while of course being restricted against swear words etc.

Both these options would, of course, be on different game worlds.

P.S. random alien dude => :alien:

What 18+ would play a MMOG anyway? Without being reffered to as a n00b? :tongue: But why we ought to have age seperation- another conversation:

You would be surprised.

I think the question is not of "age" seperation, but of "freedom" seperation.

For example, for all the little kiddies, there's only a set of questions, responses etc. that they can use. A bit like the brick game on lego.com.

Then all the bigger kids (and slightly braver little kids) can use the "free" chat option, while of course being restricted against swear words etc.

Both these options would, of course, be on different game worlds.

P.S. random alien dude => :alien:

Acparental control option may come into play? Then the parents can set up the game options for the kids.

Keep in mind that this isn't about age, but maturity. And honestly guys, little kids don't want to be with "mean stodgy adults who always play tricks". I think Age groups should be 5-9 and 10+. But they'll probably do somethin like club penguin, with a safe chat and pre-written phrases.

Keep in mind that this isn't about age, but maturity. And honestly guys, little kids don't want to be with "mean stodgy adults who always play tricks". I think Age groups should be 5-9 and 10+. But they'll probably do somethin like club penguin, with a safe chat and pre-written phrases.

I agree, although I would have the age groups be 5 to 11 and 12+, since at that age most kids go to Midschool (aka the 7th grade) and start to "puberate".

Also mixing 1O year olds with adults...no, I don't think so, even 12 year olds are on the border IMO. But I think thatb having more then 2 agegroups would be too hard to implement and/or moderate.

11-99 Adult group
dang im to old to play :tongue: just kidding, anyway im not sure if this would even happen, it all depends on if there would be a chat or not...