Clonecommando007

Age Seperation: Y or N?

Well,

This whole thing sounds pretty cool if you ask me. But; think about it: This is an online MMOG, anyone can play, PLUS it's lego, and though we all should be rather old, everyone knows that lego attacts younger children.

From those two points, it is doubtless that most of the gamers on this game will be between the age of seven and eleven, and everyone knows how annyoning younger players can be to older players.

So do you guys think TLC will have the game divided into age groups for safety and fun reasons? Like this:

0-8 Young players group :-X

9-10 Older players group :-/

11-99 Adult group X-D

Or something like that. Depending on what kind of age groups players are in, different kinds and formats of challenges will be issued and what not. What do you think? Will this be an issue, or will older players be made to suffer when another Little Tike runs you over with a Go-cart? X-O

Edited by Clonecommando007

Well,

This whole thing sounds pretty cool if you ask me. But; think about it: This is an online MMOG, anyone can play, PLUS it's lego, and though we all should be rather old, everyone knows that lego attacts younger children.

From those two points, it is doubtless that most of the gamers on this game will be between the age of

What thing?

MMOG?

Game?

I'm confused, don't know what you're talking about... *wacko* :'-(

I don't know MMOG, but i know MMORPG, Massive Multi Online Role Playing Game....I think he means that..

Yes, please! :'-( I probably won't play this game if I'll have to deal with 9 year old fruitcakes claiming they're better than me in every skillz0rz .. :-|

I don't know MMOG, but i know MMORPG, Massive Multi Online Role Playing Game....I think he means that..

I guess a MMOG would be the same as a MMORPG without the roleplaying.. :-P

What thing?

MMOG?

Game?

I'm confused, don't know what you're talking about... *wacko* :'-(

Perhaps he's talking about what the forum this was posted in is called? Lego Universe? 8-| Wow, I never would have known... :-P

As much as we'd all like this (I'm sure), the problem that lies behind isn't really age, but maturity. Sure a lot of times these go hand in hand, but from personal experience with MMOs, a lot of times its the opposite of what you'd expect.

The problem is, the internet creates anonymity... children may not quite get that, and may be more prone to acting slightly more responsibly. Us older types realize that we can say and do anything we want online with little fear of any real punishment as a result. If you've played any other MMOs you may have noticed how truly assholeish people can be for no apparent reason... and 9 times out of 10, we're talking about people who are at least 16. :-|

I guess my point is, immaturity doesn't necessarily go away with age, and the internet sure doesn't help that at all! :-/

Pushing all of the children onto a different server may be good as far as shielding them from the rest of the idiots (but isn' that the parent's job, not LEGO's?... ok lets not get off topic on that one!), but it won't do any good for the rest of us. There will always be jerks online... always.

you're most likely correct that there will be age groups but the ones you put up are poor categories.

it would most likely be: 4-11, 12-17, 18+

there will definitely need to be one for 18+ to seperate the adults from the children. they don't want to have to deal with pedophiles lurking in the game that's for sure. as for the other split it's only sensible to split teenagers from the kids.

i am guessing you are around the 9-10 age group, since you put such a strong emphasis on that age band. 0-8, 9-10, 11-99. hmm, a wide range elsewhere except for the middle which is only 2 years.

I may be young, but I hate people who are my age or younger who act so dang n00by! (Yes n00by is a word :-P )

I think it is a good idea, as it will stop younger players getting, umm how do I put this, "tottally pwned" by older and more mature players.

Yes, please! :'-( I probably won't play this game if I'll have to deal with 9 year old fruitcakes claiming they're better than me in every skillz0rz .. :-|

I guess a MMOG would be the same as a MMORPG without the roleplaying.. :-P

Ouch, it hurts to just think about it. :-X

you're most likely correct that there will be age groups but the ones you put up are poor categories.

it would most likely be: 4-11, 12-17, 18+

there will definitely need to be one for 18+ to seperate the adults from the children. they don't want to have to deal with pedophiles lurking in the game that's for sure. as for the other split it's only sensible to split teenagers from the kids.

i am guessing you are around the 9-10 age group, since you put such a strong emphasis on that age band. 0-8, 9-10, 11-99. hmm, a wide range elsewhere except for the middle which is only 2 years.

But, then there's another problem: What about teen members of EB (such as UB, SirNadroj, Mr Tiber, and me)? We'd be stuck in our own catagory, with 12 year old lego fans? I'd much prefer to be in the 18+ catagory, where our friends (<- not a suck up) from EB are?

How come you're all scared of little kids? Did I miss something?

Well "scared" and "annoyed by" are two separate things...this site does have that whole "18+" rule ;-)

Well if you're annoyed, just pwn enough them so they stop annoying you. Unless they actually DO have more skillz0rz than you.

Well if you're annoyed, just pwn enough them so they stop annoying you. Unless they actually DO have more skillz0rz than you.

There are more annoying kids than "pwning" time in a day, unfortunately :-P

You know when young members get to much they end up in the chamber and then banned, we try to be help younger members but when they push we push back.

all kids want to play with bigger kids. i know coz i was a kid once too (readers: what?? impossible! :-P). but bigger kids don't want to play with younger kids. they want to play with adults. and a small collection of adults wanted to role play kids and stalk other kids, etc.

TLC can't get 100% satisfaction, they can only hope to get a good portion of the target audience while keeping them safe to avoid lawsuits. if you don't like it, get your dad or older brother to sign up. that way your dad or brother will be responsible for your safety.

But, then there's another problem: What about teen members of EB (such as UB, SirNadroj, Mr Tiber, and me)? We'd be stuck in our own catagory, with 12 year old lego fans? I'd much prefer to be in the 18+ catagory, where our friends (<- not a suck up) from EB are?

Hey, we got into EB at age 13, why not try the same with LEGO Universe..? :-P ;-)

Hey, we got into EB at age 13, why not try the same with LEGO Universe..? :-P ;-)

and you know too that lego universe is not run by the same crackprofessional crew that run EB right? :-P

You better be careful Natelite, SW4J's always watchin...and he can read too...

Edited by Exo-builder59

This idea seems good enough but I dont see TLG doing it since their target audience is children. I also think it would be fun to pwn the noobs. Society needs two types of people, noobs and those with Skillz0rs, the latter would not exist without noobs.

Ouch, it hurts to just think about it. :-X

Yeah, it not include us, who might be more mature than others. Don't leave us with the annoying ones :'-( .

Anyway, yes, Age group should be needed.

But who is to say how truthful anyone is?