Superkalle

[2016 Digital Design Contest] - Comment topic for entries

Good model, better than the previous one, that seems to me have a design a bit "out of theme".

The first two models are fantastic instead, and I like the idea of the combo transformation very much (and I expected this from all the sets of the theme).

Thanks!

By "out of theme" do you mean land borg?

Yes, the third model, the "Land Borg".

How can I explain... the first two models appears to be creator-like, while the third looks more like an exo-force set. That's why I feel it odd, "off-key", if you understand what I mean. :classic:

Yes, the third model, the "Land Borg".

How can I explain... the first two models appears to be creator-like, while the third looks more like an exo-force set. That's why I feel it odd, "off-key", if you understand what I mean. :classic:

Yep, totally understanable :) . i also feels that guy is an odd ones. When i make the entries and started on the borgs, i want to try making a non humanoid robot, which is something i never done up till now. So that guy is my first attempt at making transformable non humanoid robot. And yes, heavy influence from exo-force. :)

Oky's entry looks Oky to me! :laugh:

Nah, it looks awesome! I feel like I've seen a dragon with that color scheme before.

One day left! Less than that.

I just finished my entry with an overview shot and a third model (I hope I'm not forgetting anything...); And also I want to say how much I like Marv's secret agent theme. I know Lego has done themes like that many times before, but this one is so much cooler than any of the Lego ones in my opinion; the building techniques and color scheme are simply awesome.

Greetings to Eurobrick residents,

I made a pirate theme with a new entry in the contest. I hope you will like it.

Thank you. :classic:

Looks like a few cool entries, but I need to say something about this one from Sci - wow, look out. That seriously looks like something TLG might make.

Oky's entry looks Oky to me! :laugh:

Nah, it looks awesome! I feel like I've seen a dragon with that color scheme before.

Thanks! :grin: And yes, the color scheme of the Rifters and the look of the dragon in particular may have been inspired by a certain Mistress of All Evil. :wink:

Your entry is pretty awesome too. I agree with Artanis I in saying that it is the one that looks like a theme that TLG would actually make the most. Nice work with the builds, decals, rendering, and everything.

Looks like a few cool entries, but I need to say something about this one from Sci - wow, look out. That seriously looks like something TLG might make.

It will be "Nexo Polar Explorers" :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

It will be "Nexo Artic Explorers" :laugh:

That's what it is... I *knew* it looked familiar - the penny didn't drop until you said Arctic explores... Can't believe I didn't see it before now! :D

That's what it is... I *knew* it looked familiar - the penny didn't drop until you said Arctic explores... Can't believe I didn't see it before now! :D

Someone ask x105Black if he likes Arctic Team... :laugh:

Thanks guys! We'll have to wait and see what happens.

EDIT: Aaah, I just noticed I forgot to bold some things.. oh well.

Edited by CM4Sci

So, which of your own sets would you like to actually own the most? I'm split between the Dakosaurus and the Therizinosaurus, both of which are sadly the ones featuring the most new recolors, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Therizinosaur-specific one (the inverted curved slope in tan) is actually released soon.

Edited by DraikNova

Wow, what an impressive ensemble of entries, love the mix of entertaining entries along with unique sets presented. Especially fond of the Studios ones. A redo of that theme is LONG overdue. Though much of the pieces may be lime green in the future of blockbusters!

I wish I put some time aside to enter, if we ever have a digital contest again, I'll be ready! Good luck guys, I'll make sure of it that I vote.

a lttle bit of update for my entry. due to miscalculation on my part, i couldn't add the links to the individual blog posts for my last 2 models. therefore, i make it so that if you go the the existing links i already added on my entry post, you can find the links for the remaining models. also, i added on each blog posts, pictures that illustrates the transforming feature on each models. this is my last entry update, as anymore than this i feel like it will be unfair. thank you for your attention. :classic: