Midlife-crisis

[MOC] - Tatooine with UCS Slave I

Hi,

as you can see on my nick i´m fullfilling whishes from the past :)

I was a big fan and stopped with Lego in the age of 14 like most others here i guess.

Then in december of 2015 i bought the new UCS Tie fighter. I saw so much new parts and variations of older ones, couldn´t trust my eyes.

4 days after the Tie i bought the Slave I and build it extra slow over 3 days. It was my first get in touch with real SNOT building.

Where to start? somewhere on a big baseplate that needed most of my old parts. Unfortunately i didn´t make that much pictures of building progress.

You sure have seen this design before, for the Millenium Falcon but as we know Slave I has also been on Tatoine there is no problem right? :)

1inulv.png

2cuu2h.png

3z8ung.png

some € and many hours later, testing different ways to make rectangle bricks round :sick: - and also reading a good manual about SNOT i´m finally done.

It´s looks too nacked and too clean atm but i´m willing to add much more details to this moc, which was just designed as a "stand" for the UCS.

av8p09.png

b6fp37.png

cjopi8.jpg

dn9oi0.png

today i added the moisture vaporator, i´m looking for some other minifigures too and want to redesign the small house which looks

soooo boring.

Opinions welcome :classic:

Edited by Midlife-crisis

Nice work on getting the curve of the main building. It definitely needs more contrasting color to break up the tan but some "detailing" as you say should fix that.

Wowzers! Now that is the right way to display the UCS Slave I! Plus, the backdrop can also be used to display the UCS MF! :laugh: I think adding some greebly vaporator bits on the walls and some junk cargo stuff would break up the tan-ness of the model. Love it!

The curved section is impressive and very well done. Great "in progress" pics. Might be a good idea to break up the ground a bit with some different leveling, maybe just a plate or two high.

Thank you all, will think about - especially the ground leveling and vaporator bits are really good ideas, it looks very sterile when removing the Slave I.

Very nice! I really like how you managed to make the round ceiling/wall (not sure what to call it actually) and how it cuts out so smoothly at the edge of the MOC. In my opinion, you hit the sweet spot with the amount of detail on the walls and roof. Definitely not cluttered but just enough small features here and there to give it that finished look.

Since it is on Tatooine you could try to get a sandtrooper or two (does not need to have dust and sand all over, the clean looks works nice too).

Other than that you really nailed the hangar look but I think a few containers of varying sizes along with some sort of small maintenance droid would be the cherry on top.

Great job! Now I want my UCS Slave I to also have some cool hangar to land in when Boba Fett is preparing for his next bounty mission!

Thank you all for your feedback :)

Glad you like it!

a few containers of varying sizes

need to make some more pictures, actually there are a few but not really visible.

I have looked at this many times, and I am so in love with how smooth you got it too look. The Millennium Falcon would look great in this also!

Thank you all for the great feedback, i added some details today, it´s very difficult for me to say what is enough or what is too much detail,

do not want it too look "overloaded", but also not want it to look sterile, a small border somehow.

- Ground leveling - probably one level more would be a good deal here.

- some application on the walls, and the dome on the small house - as you can see 3 parts missing :)

- and minifigures. c3po and r2 will be replaced by 2 javas selling their robots.

- 2 more storm troopers would be nice

a1gykzo.png

a23fjd4.png

a3z6j9o.jpg

a4gcksj.png