Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

Shadowmere Siege

Previous Chapter

24893378149_8dae1486be.jpg

------------------------------------------

With a great arch, the stone was launched into the air. Alric had to crane his neck to follow the projectile. With a great plof, the sound of stone on stone and the screaming of human voices, the stone settled itself in the wall of Shadowmere. And altough it had done quite some damage, this was not nearly enough. "Reload", he said to his Captain. Shadowmere must and would fall!

24626091704_398d2b7bfb.jpg

25163571091_c7b2faaf61.jpg

-----------------------------------------

Deep inside the dark keep, the sound of falling stone, breaking walls and bones reached the patrouille. These decided not to wait, but immediatly go reinforce the affected wall section. Shadowmere would hold out!

25138460142_ed204468ba.jpg

25163574811_6c5cde1b62.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll keep the story short now, but expect more to come! This build was based on Blufiji, thanks to him, and the interior obvously on Soccerkid6's builds. The trebuchet-design is from Nuju Metru and TheCook. Thanks to them too! I really enjoyed this build, and CC is very appreciated!

Additional images

24889063349_8c7a9d0925.jpg

24629954423_33064fbd75.jpg

24626098154_d4bb259ef1.jpg

24629953283_b158a3eb55.jpg

25138457802_7efb944270.jpg

25138456872_5cee781f21.jpg

Afterwards, I decided to have the sappers building a bridge to reach the castle. This was added to the built, and images may be a bit blurry. Sorry therefor!

25230474036_c614c7125d.jpg

Edited by TitusV

That wall is wonderfully built. Lots of texture and good techniques. Being of the east, I gotta support Shadowmere, but you deliver a nice siege sir!

Cool composition with the two 'islands' irregularly connected :thumbup: Excellent crumbling wall look, and the trebuchet looks great.

Good use of the new bear shield in the wall, and the black and red floor pattern adds some nice contrast with the stone walls :classic:

Thank you all!

@Dr Cogg: yes, IT should be, but my collection of blacks was not enough, so I did it in bley and made the patterns on the floor red and black

The trebuchet-design is from TheCook.

Cerdit for the Trebuchet design should go to Nuju Metru as part of his Dragonlands designs; I merely reverse engineered his designs into LDD.

Edited by The_Cook

I like how compact you realised the scenery. That wall and half timbered part is really well done.

Excellent build, Titus! The wall texturing is superb and I like the floor pattern as well :thumbup:

Very nice trebuchet too :classic:

That wall looks really good! I also like the siege engine quite a lot :classic:

Regarding the photography I think the pictures are a bit too dark, and I don't agree with your composition in some of them. I would recommend either doing closeups where they are heavily cropped or try to include the entire build (or the entire part of the build in this case with two linked builds) and not cut it off at the edges or corners.