4 minutes ago, glowytheglowbug said:

is there a way to get buwizz 3.0 to work as a 90* stepper? 

Have you tried setting the channel type to StepperMotor? :)

17 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

yep! i had bugs with it just continuing rotating even though i only pressed it once (set steps to 90* and the motor just started roating)

On 2/19/2023 at 2:20 AM, gyenesvi said:

got a few friends to test the stepper motor function, after a few turns the motor goes into a loop for some reason and sometimes the buwizz doesn't even disconnect

On 2/18/2023 at 7:15 PM, glowytheglowbug said:

is there a way to get buwizz 3.0 to work as a 90* stepper? 

Hi, the stepper hasn't been implemented properly for BW3. I need some more time to figure out how it's working. Sorry for the inconvenience.

23 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Hi, the stepper hasn't been implemented properly for BW3. I need some more time to figure out how it's working. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ah good to know thanks! :D

On 9/27/2022 at 7:44 PM, aFrInaTi0n said:

@Rifka Think they use different commands, so I guess 4.0 and 6.0 are incompatible to each other...

Indicators for it: the remotes work batteries of the other version + if I recall correctly, the MK App also differences (this may be wrong, havent it installed currently to dblcheck)

And yeah, I would be fine with splittung contributions up so those could be hopefully implemented aswell. I can just offer this and its np to take that, but @imurvai has to say "yes" - because the real efforts will be at mapping & coding..

I would also participate in the financial contribution and in the testing/debug phase and I believe that the 4.0 and 6.0 system might be greatly the same since we can use the remotes interchangeably ... or they might have integrated the two protocols in both remotes so I might be wrong.

All we can do now is hope that @imurvai will accept our offer and embrace the idea of integrating the Mould King power controllers.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:11 PM, Stadamu said:

That would be great. Thank you. Cant get it to calibrate correctly with a pneumatic valve on it, as it is now.

@imurvai any progress on BW3 calibration power, and using BW3 to control pneumatic valves? 

1st Post here: 

Question about the BC2 app and settings. I am using a technic hub (4port, not sure if that matters) in a RC crawler build. I am having trouble setting the parameters for the steering motor.  

Currently I have 2 technic L-motors running the front and rear drives and a single M-linear motor for steering. Am I better off adding a third L-motor for steering? 

Thank you for any help. Looking forward to learning from all of you here!

3 hours ago, TexasEngineer454 said:

Question about the BC2 app and settings. I am using a technic hub (4port, not sure if that matters) in a RC crawler build. I am having trouble setting the parameters for the steering motor.  

Currently I have 2 technic L-motors running the front and rear drives and a single M-linear motor for steering. Am I better off adding a third L-motor for steering? 

You are using Powered Up, right? Not sure what settings you are trying to set for the steering (servo calibration?) but the M motor cannot act as a servo, it has no position encoder. So you'd definitely be better off with a third L motor in case you want proportional servo steering.

Just now, gyenesvi said:

You are using Powered Up, right? Not sure what settings you are trying to set for the steering (servo calibration?) but the M motor cannot act as a servo, it has no position encoder. So you'd definitely be better off with a third L motor in case you want proportional servo steering.

I am using Powered-Up. 

I was hoping to use the M-linear motor but I guess I will have to swap and make room for an L-motor. 

Thank you @gyenesvi for the response!

Does anybody else have latency using Buwizz 3? I have 200-250ms latency between moving a joystick of PS4 Dualshock 4 controller and motors connected to Buwizz 3. I'm running BC2 on Pixel 4a. When my car goes 12km/h those 250ms can mean a lot.

10 minutes ago, Methes said:

Does anybody else have latency using Buwizz 3? I have 200-250ms latency between moving a joystick of PS4 Dualshock 4 controller and motors connected to Buwizz 3. I'm running BC2 on Pixel 4a. When my car goes 12km/h those 250ms can mean a lot.

I've had the same experience.  I have a Pixel 4a as well but I mostly use a Samsung a10e with Brick Controller since the Pixel has a better camera.  I converted the App-Controlled Top Gear Rally car to buwizz and it was way too fast with the amount of lag I was getting.  I'm using an RC controller connected to the phone via USB-C and even that doesn't help much with latency.  I've done side by side comparisons of the PS4 controller with wired and BT connection and the lag is virtually the same.  I'll still use BC2, BuWizz and SBrick with RC models but if I make any that are over a certain speed I plan to use off the shelf RC components combined with Lego / Lego compatible components.

2 hours ago, BatteryPoweredBricks said:

I'll still use BC2, BuWizz and SBrick with RC models but if I make any that are over a certain speed I plan to use off the shelf RC components combined with Lego / Lego compatible components.

And that is wise.

BLE, the communication protocol the above listed devices are building on, can do so much more than remote control, it is almost crazy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_Low_Energy). On the other hand, once BLE can do "all that", a BLE device not wanting to do "all that" (or not wanting to be tricked) has to provide firmware that does have to deal with "all that".

So all lower level communication protocols that confine themselves to on/off, left/right, start/stop (with hard-coded ramps maybe) and a little proportional steering - will most certainly beat BLE stuff, timing wise. On the other hand: No music to be streamed in parallel - and your batteries may not run as long; BLE was designed along the line of ultra-low power consumption.

Hmmm. Wait. Your RC model motors suck in much more than one amp when racing? OK. Forget about the ultra-low power thing. Just go full RC 1:1 communication. Such receivers don't even pose a 1% change in the rechargeable discharge time. As compared to 0.001% using BLE. Which translates to: 99% and 99.999%, respectively. Or 10 minutes run time vs. 10.001 minutes ... Yes, I'd use RC gear to do RC racing.

All the best,
Thorsten 

I have 2 Xbox controllers, both paired on my Android device via bluetooth.

Problem is that the app accepts controls from both of them so I need to unpair or shut down the one I'm not using to avoid my 4 years daughter taking control over her 8 years brother car :)

Is there a possibility to show in the app a list of paired bluetooth devices and only accept commands from one of them?

Edited by InPadure

Hi @imurvai,

I recently went to use my BuWizz 3.0 Pro to run a model I’ve made, only to find my motors will not operate in servo mode. This goes for not only the modern mindstorms motors, but the standard Powered Up L motor, which I’m sure was working in the past.

im using an iPhone, a PS5 controller and iOS 16.3.1

i swear this all was working the last time I used it. Is there some breaking change that happened in the last update or a change to iOS that has stopped this from working??

(ps. No motor works in stepper mode either, only “normal” mode)

I just started to control my train builds, which are powered by Buwizz 2.0 and SBrick, with BC2 (v. 3.1). My setup are various iOS devices and a Steelseries Nimbus game controller.

I've created one profile which allows me to control 3 trains independently with one game controller. Each train has either one or two PF train motors and LEGO Led lights.

So far, so great. Many thanks to @imurvai developing BrickController 2!

A few pages back, I read that a support for the Circuitcubes Bluetooth battery/receiver might be an option for an update of the BC2 app. My setup doesn't find my Circuitcubes. Could you let us know about the status supporting Circuitcube with BrickController 2.

Thanks in advance, Holger

Has anyone attempted to use the medium angular PU motor as a steering servo? Can this be done in BC2? My next MOC vehicle is fairly compact and fitting a PU L motor maybe very difficult. 

400x292.jpg

On 5/6/2023 at 10:03 AM, HoMa said:

I just started to control my train builds, which are powered by Buwizz 2.0 and SBrick, with BC2 (v. 3.1). My setup are various iOS devices and a Steelseries Nimbus game controller.

I've created one profile which allows me to control 3 trains independently with one game controller. Each train has either one or two PF train motors and LEGO Led lights.

So far, so great. Many thanks to @imurvai developing BrickController 2!

A few pages back, I read that a support for the Circuitcubes Bluetooth battery/receiver might be an option for an update of the BC2 app. My setup doesn't find my Circuitcubes. Could you let us know about the status supporting Circuitcube with BrickController 2.

Thanks in advance, Holger

I've been meaning to look into controlling trains with the BC2 app for a while now.  I know I have a joystick with a throttle control that would work.  Maybe I could hack up a joystick and build a box with independent throttle knobs or levers to control the trains.  I did do some testing with all the controllers I could find around the house and found several that "most" of the buttons worked.  I guess one question would be how many devices can the app / phone connect to at once

Greetings,

I've been having issues with my Buwizz 3.0 and BC2 connecting. Every time i try, i get a "failed to connect" error, no matter what i do..

Everything's updated and charged, rebooted a few times, in range.. Individually, things work fine. Buwizz app connects to the unit, my XBox controller is connected to my pc and phone (Samsung Galaxy s10 lite)... I honestly dont know what else to try short of writing to Buwizz about it, even though it's not their app, technically.

Any help i could get would be much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Krafnar said:

Greetings,

I've been having issues with my Buwizz 3.0 and BC2 connecting. Every time i try, i get a "failed to connect" error, no matter what i do..

Everything's updated and charged, rebooted a few times, in range.. Individually, things work fine. Buwizz app connects to the unit, my XBox controller is connected to my pc and phone (Samsung Galaxy s10 lite)... I honestly dont know what else to try short of writing to Buwizz about it, even though it's not their app, technically.

Any help i could get would be much appreciated.

Are you in the BETA program of Buwizz's app? Because the recent BETA also applies a new Firmware to the Buwizz Unit (at least for the bw3) - not sure if this may create issues with maybe changed commands in their API.. 

1 hour ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

Are you in the BETA program of Buwizz's app? Because the recent BETA also applies a new Firmware to the Buwizz Unit (at least for the bw3) - not sure if this may create issues with maybe changed commands in their API.. 

How about this timing, we just updated the API today:

https://buwizz.com/BuWizz_3.0_API_3.22_web.pdf

Edited by Zerobricks

It may be the case you have a new firmware on your Buwizz, when you are in the BETA program of Buwizz. If this would be the case, imurvai has to update the Brickcontroller App to work with the updated API of Buwizz..

Well, i downloaded the app from the play store, but i dont remember seeing "beta" anywhere.
Is it possible to download a different version Buwizz apk or something along those lines?

Also, if i update Buwizz, it downloads, patches, then never finishes and gives me an "update failed" msg... So i'm guessing that it's either up to date or my Buwizz is faulty? idk lol

Edited by Krafnar