Its still a day one buy for me!

You'd better to wait a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

You know what they say?

And not a single respect was given to the embargo deadline that year.

Well, maybe except Jim and Sariel :laugh:

Edited by nguyengiangoc

You'd better to wait a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

I recall you mentioning there was a serious issue. Since it needs to bought online, I can always return it if it is a deal breaker. I likely won't get the set for a week after I order it anyways.

Auto Bild time lapse video

Despite all the negativity I'm looking forward to go for a build myself.

Due to some missing parts stuck somewhere in the french postal "service" due to illegal strikes...if this set arrives at the same time as the last parts of the Pvdb's Koenigsegg One:1 I'm not sure of which to build first...most of the Koenigsegg parts are already pre-assembled though :sweet:

Edited by charlesw

I phoned my local(!) Offical Lego store today to see if they have stock, which they do, and apparently tons of them when I questioned how early I needed to get there! )Booking my train ticket now :-)

No dates for other 2H sets yet though :-(

No dates for other 2H sets yet though :-(
August 1st.

new 3L connector + sand paper. Has anybody tried it?

I did. It's much easier to break the little clips off of the driving ring..

Love watchin ol mate get the fangs into it at the 18:50 mark!

Fast spooled through the bulk of video as 22 minutes seems an age if i'm not putting something together myself.

Anio, I know you can't say too much but is this something along the lines of Wall-E's neck and head joint with it being an oversight and corrected later on? Or perhaps a limitation or flaw known to the designers and something that can't be changed?

I did. It's much easier to break the little clips off of the driving ring..

I don't get it. If you need frictionless gear switch - can't you use 2L connector with older 2L driving ring? Or am I missing something here.

One Servo to switch gears and one XL to drive will make the effect of gear changing more visible.

Just an m motor to switch gears because its 4 speed not 3 speed

Servo is possible but its just harder

@Zux: Yup, you are missing something :wink:

It's much more convenient to build with the 3L connector (no half offset anywhere).

And my comment reflected to the idea that the smooth 3L connectors are unique to the Porsche set. And if so, how to circumvent this thing.

Edited by Lipko

Anio, I know you can't say too much but is this something along the lines of Wall-E's neck and head joint with it being an oversight and corrected later on? Or perhaps a limitation or flaw known to the designers and something that can't be changed?

It appears to me that the problems of 42056 are much deeper than the problem of the neck of Wall-E or the LA's from 8043.

To work properly, 42056 would require some major redesign on many aspects.

In that regard, I emailed TLG a few days ago, advising them to postpone the release of the set. The Technic team got my message and is probably looking into the model to see what is wrong.

I got no feedback from them at the moment.

In any case, there are many Lego Ambassadors here on EB. If TLG decides something about 42056, I am sure you will know it very quickly. Just stay tuned. :)

Wow..... this really is a game stopper. Thanks for the info. No need to stay up til midnight the 31st...... at least for me anyways. I will wait for the news.....

@ Anio: Thank you for the small update, that really does sound serious.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

No need to stay up til midnight the 31st......

And what about the reviews ? :laugh: :laugh:

So overpriced and flawed? Yeah that's the standard for everything ultimate/deluxe/special edition nowadays.

I bought 8043 from lego on day 1 and a month later I got a service pack with 4 more LAs and a £10 lego voucher. The possibility that this set is flawed only makes me want it (and what ever free parts that may follow) more. 1st editions are usually worth more on the aftermarket too.