Any idea why the Porsche uses a double spring? That's not something which is based on the real car, right? Is it to make the rear a bit stiffer?

Nothing in the porsche suspension is even remotely similar to the real car. But the rear of the model is probably much heavier than the front, so two springs are used.

Nothing in the porsche suspension is even remotely similar to the real car. But.....

What a shame :(

They could have done it, it wouldn't affect the costs.

Nothing in the porsche suspension is even remotely similar to the real car. But the rear of the model is probably much heavier than the front, so two springs are used.

Didn't the 8880 use 8 springs total, 2 per tire?

Then there is the Unimog, which was heavy, so they used STIFFER (fewer coils) springs instead.

So there is no center hole going through the Porsche rims, but has anyone seen the inside of them? Could there be like 1L axle holes on the inside or something?

I don't know how useful that would be though.

Will it be possible to raise the whole chassis ... so that it isn't so low to the ground? I guess with a few modifications it should be no big thing?

It still amazes me how huge this is compared to the rest of the 2H 2016 Technic sets ... it even matches the BWE ... no, it does look even bigger! Also I'm so glad it's orange, I mean I have so enough from this camouflage look, I wouldn't want to stare at it for a long time ... a neutral color like orange was definitely the best choice!

683227126072251020726872914819645501046n.jpg

Orange is definately NOT a neutral colour.

Yeah, no kidding. It's not even close to being a neutral color. :grin:

A few days ago there was discussion about which set has the most steps in building manual. Well, 42056 has 856 steps which must be new record. :)

A few days ago there was discussion about which set has the most steps in building manual. Well, 42056 has 856 steps which must be new record. :)

and how do you know that?? Secret information? Or was something posted I missed.

Yup, definately for 16+ builders. But here's a thought, if people don't like the many steps why not just skip ahead a few pages at a time? :laugh:

856 steps!!!??? Are we sure ... the Arocs has 105 steps?

471.jpg

I think he meant 856 pages, not 856 steps.

Yeah, I think so too ... that's almost 2x the size from the massive Arocs building manual ... this is gonna be great! And yeah I know a lot of pages will be information around the real model.

856 steps!!!??? Are we sure ... the Arocs has 105 steps?

471.jpg

The steps in that manual aren't linear, they have sections which each start at step 1, and even then they have subsections with their own steps - so if you go back just a few pages you'll see a step 1 on page 457

^ I know but when the different sub-asssemblies come together it continues with the last step of each individual assembly... just have a look at the instructions again - makes it a total of 105 steps.

Edited by Emmi

And so it makes the number of steps completely useless information.

We should look for number of parts in set vs. number of pages in BI for some reference.

^ I know but when the different sub-asssemblies come together it continues with the last step of each individual assembly... just have a look at the instructions again - makes it a total of 105 steps.

Ah got ya! I just saw they even have substeps inside substeps inside steps...