Sign in to follow this  
skimeurobrick

MOC: Train Station - the Musee d'Orsay in Paris

Hello All,

I'm a new AFOL, new member to these forums, my first post - a lot of firsts.

My first MOC is the Musee d'Orsay in Paris, which was originally a train station before they converted it to an art museum. Sorry for the poor picture quality but the train station is very large - 7 feet long and more than 3 feet wide.

24181337981_4b453de0c2_o.jpg

23637374723_61c18c91d9_o.jpg

24191038651_4bb6977d8d_z.jpg

24191047821_3abb26bf3b_z.jpg

23635958474_54ce4cae51_o.jpg

*EDIT* As requested - link to Flickr for some higher-res images. https://www.flickr.c...th/23914649839/

*UPDATE:* The "wagon wheel" placeholder for the tower window has been replaced by something much closer to the intended look:

23799762084_6019b53993_z.jpg

Edited by skimeurobrick

Wow, great first MOC. Everything is perfect and I like the little details as well like your lamp posts.

First MOC eh ? :grin:

Goodness I can't wait to see your second one 'skimeurobrick', AWESOME designing there and I totally dig the Star Wars injection as a bit of humour - Brick On ! :grin:

That's your first MOC?!? That's amazing! Please post more pics (or a link to some more). That work deserves to be appreciated! :-)

It's a nice 1st MOC. And don't forget: Everyone starts small! :wink:

Priceless!

Edited by Del

Thank you very much everyone.

Lightning: It really is my first Lego creation since I came out of my "No Lego Dark Age" BUT I had built a model of this building before out of plastic, basswood, and cardstock for a model railroad. I really like that building. I enjoyed adding the StarWars minifig goofiness too.

Nightfall - I edited the original post so it includes a link to the Flickr album, which can be reached here: https://www.flickr.c...th/23914649839/

Dazz - "Starting small" is GREAT advice. I got a little obsessed with this building for my trains, but I'm not going to build a MOC this big for a while. I'm running low on space.

Thanks again everyone.

Edited by skimeurobrick

First MOC? I would be thrilled if that was my last MOC! It is certainly true to the Musee de Orsay and has some excellent details.

Thank you everyone.

Wow...that's one huge station! Are you going to fill it with details??

Hello KringlesBricks - I do plan on adding more details to the interior to try to refine it.

• Turn the angles that hold up the roof into arches.
  • Apply tile to the platforms
  • Arrival/Destination Board
  • Interior Lampposts
  • Platform clocks plus (try) to make a large clock on far wall.
  • Track Number Signs
  • Stairs leading from the pedestrian bridge
  • Railroad Ties

But I don't have enough grays right now... or tans ... or windows ... oh gawd I'm so low on bricks.

Edited by skimeurobrick

I was here a few years ago, and it's instantly recognizable! Great work. It also reflects the architecture of European train stations. :thumbup:

Fantastic work, and one of my favourite buildings. I paid a ticket for the museum mostly to admire the building and to see the clock, i didn't care for the art.

Well, what can I say? We all have to start somewhere! :wink:

Smashing creation.

Some very nice building techniques and parts usage, too.

Looking forward to seeing the additions you mentioned above.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Thank you everyone.

One thing that needed improvement were the circular windows on the tower roofs. I used the wagon wheels as a placeholder because I couldn't figure out how to make those windows.

Borrowing a trick that some Lego Cathedral builders use - I used a different, gigantic wheel, and it looks much closer to what I wanted:

23799762084_6019b53993_z.jpg

Excuse me while I lean up the drool off my keyboard. This is AMAZING!!! How many pieces does this beast include?

Amazing Job!!!

-RailCo