Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

8 hours ago, TitusV said:

Congratulations bd! Cool sigil, but isn't it more suited to a Sea Rat? :wink: 

Thanks everybody! This crest was part of our family for a long time and more specifically was widely known back when Oleon was at war with the great Mokulei Empire at 555 AE :classic:

Congratulations for Hugo d'Offren's recent knighting! Good to see the system of nobility already implemented! :pir-blush:

Subjects of Oleon, honorable shareholders,

The Royal New Terra Company is proud to announce the donation of the Medal of Prosperity - an award for substantial contributions to the growth of the company's settlements.

Pour la Prospérité!

Signed in the name of the Directeur.

Granoleon, Jan. 10th. 617AE

32074909232_1aa712e3d5_o.png

Waw, all these medals are really cool man! It'd almost make me wish I was a bluecoat :tongue: 

8 hours ago, TitusV said:

Waw, all these medals are really cool man! It'd almost make me wish I was a bluecoat :tongue: 

Waw, thanks, mate :blush: But... whaaaat, only 'almost'?!? :tongue: Just hope you know that eligibility for some of these orders/medals doesn't list being an Oleander :wink:

8 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Waw, thanks, mate :blush: But... whaaaat, only 'almost'?!? :tongue: Just hope you know that eligibility for some of these orders/medals doesn't list being an Oleander :wink:

yeah I know, but service to the Crown and the Empire of Oleon? Com'on man :grin:

4 hours ago, TitusV said:

yeah I know, but service to the Crown and the Empire of Oleon? Com'on man :grin:

Pfff... you Greenies can be so narrow minded... :tongue: In politics there's always the possibility to find common interest - and working towards it would serve two or even more sides. It's not unheard of :wink:

26176076400_14ea597a56_o.png

For his continued outstanding services for the Crown of Oleon, especially as the mayor responsible for the blossoming of the great city of Breshaun, I - King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth - hereby dub the honorable Darlin Sisnera Knight of the Realm.

From this day on Seigneur Darlin Sisnera may present the following crest as his personal coat-of-arms:

32120461722_12b0d0ae8d_o.png

Granoleon, Jan. 12th. 617AE

31431128750_30f01d4313_o.png

The Eltina Courrier reports - on page seven:

The city of Breshaun held its breath yesterday as three warships entered the harbor. Their arrival seemed to have caught the garrison's commander with his pants down, as no shots were fired - but then again, two of those ships looked fairly familiar Oleander. What happened next was witnessed by a local drunk who tried minding his own business, but could be convinced with a bottle of rum to tell us what he had seen: The harbor master approached the lead ship - a mighty, fearsome looking galleon with black sails - who's captain obviously had a fable for flamboyant lantern design - and demanded an explanation. Then, he appeared - a majestic sight of a man - it was no less than Captain Benjamin Morgan himself! In fear, half the gathered crowd started running away like the chickens these Breshauners are - the other half stood rooted to the ground, typical for those Breshauners, incapable of anything. But instead of having his crew reduce the harbor to rubble, the Captain walked towards the harbor master, reached in his pocket - at this very moment the harbor masters pants mysteriously changed color - and took out... a note. What followed was confusing - first, the harbor master seemed puzzled - like those Breshauners always look - then, he walked back into his office, came back with a chest - it looked very heavy - and gave it to the Captain... who put a big smile on, and went off. Minutes later, the galleon had left the harbor - Captain Benjamin Morgan sailed into the sunset, leaving behind the two other warships, a startled harbor master, and a very confused city.

An anonymous source confirmed to the Eltina Courrier this morning that Captain Morgan had obviously collected the reward for the two captured ships himself! As the authorities were completely unprepared for such a coup, and had no conflicting orders, they simply paid the reward like any average bureaucrat would have done, and as the ships were now back where they belonged, the case against Captain Benjamin Morgan was considered closed.

We were also urged to state that the pants of the honorable harbor master did in fact not change color - it was the changing sunlight that caused this effect.

Captain Morgan earns his reputation once again! Would love to see this in bricks, but I still enjoyed the telling!

1 hour ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

The Eltina Courrier reports - on page seven:

The city of Breshaun held its breath yesterday as three warships entered the harbor. Their arrival seemed to have caught the garrison's commander with his pants down, as no shots were fired - but then again, two of those ships looked fairly familiar Oleander. What happened next was witnessed by a local drunk who tried minding his own business, but could be convinced with a bottle of rum to tell us what he had seen: The harbor master approached the lead ship - a mighty, fearsome looking galleon with black sails - who's captain obviously had a fable for flamboyant lantern design - and demanded an explanation. Then, he appeared - a majestic sight of a man - it was no less than Captain Benjamin Morgan himself! In fear, half the gathered crowd started running away like the chickens these Breshauners are - the other half stood rooted to the ground, typical for those Breshauners, incapable of anything. But instead of having his crew reduce the harbor to rubble, the Captain walked towards the harbor master, reached in his pocket - at this very moment the harbor masters pants mysteriously changed color - and took out... a note. What followed was confusing - first, the harbor master seemed puzzled - like those Breshauners always look - then, he walked back into his office, came back with a chest - it looked very heavy - and gave it to the Captain... who put a big smile on, and went off. Minutes later, the galleon had left the harbor - Captain Benjamin Morgan sailed into the sunset, leaving behind the two other warships, a startled harbor master, and a very confused city.

An anonymous source confirmed to the Eltina Courrier this morning that Captain Morgan had obviously collected the reward for the two captured ships himself! As the authorities were completely unprepared for such a coup, and had no conflicting orders, they simply paid the reward like any average bureaucrat would have done, and as the ships were now back where they belonged, the case against Captain Benjamin Morgan was considered closed.

We were also urged to state that the pants of the honorable harbor master did in fact not change color - it was the changing sunlight that caused this effect.

Captain Benajmin Morgan seems to become a true legend. Amazing!

I would also have loved to see this scene MOCed. :-) 

That is a really nice story. I love the part about the harbormaster's pants changing colors. I also appreciate that you used my Eltina Courrier. But who is this Captain Benjamin Morgan? I seemed to have missed him or something.  

19 minutes ago, Brandon Stark said:

That is a really nice story. I love the part about the harbormaster's pants changing colors. I also appreciate that you used my Eltina Courrier. But who is this Captain Benjamin Morgan? I seemed to have missed him or something.  

What? You've never heard the tales of the reckless Benjamin Morgan?  Benjamin, brave and bold? Dread Pirate Captain Morgan, on his legendary ship, the Queen Annetta's Revenge? Morgan the Moray?

You must truly be a nozzer in these waters beyond Terraversa, lad. 

Haha, the infamous Captain made the introduction himself :laugh:

@Brandon Stark This latest chapter in the book Tales of the Brick Seas goes back to the MCRA in early December 616AE, when Captain Benjamin Morgan took an Oleander convoy by complete surprise and managed to overwhelm three Oleander warships. Just because his crew couldn't be bothered with manning all three of them, he sailed off with only the HRS Infatigable and the HRS Ville d'Astrapi. One of the boldest coups in BoBS history so far!

Ahahahahaha! So the INFAMOUS Captain Benjamin Morgan dared to set his foot on Oleander soil???? :pir-skel: At least THIS time he brought our ships back. We still got our eyes set on you mr Morgan! muhahahahaha!

(And as Elostirion said, mocing this scene would be awesome)

By the way, most of you must have noticed it by now (it has been frontpaged) but DO check out that fantastic theater idea at:

It is a really innovative idea, full of play features that pose a fantastic building/rebuilding and learning experience! ...and to think that I very rarely do I get excited at something posted at LEGO Ideas...

On 28/01/2017 at 8:22 PM, blackdeathgr said:

It is a really innovative idea, full of play features that pose a fantastic building/rebuilding and learning experience! ...and to think that I very rarely do I get excited at something posted at LEGO Ideas...

Thank you for this very kind introduction !! So, hi everyone ! I would like to introduce my character and to pledge his allegiance to the Empire of Oleon.

My character is known as the « Marquis de Mascarille ». He is the illegimate son of an old nobleman from Oleon. Unfortunatly, after the die of his father, his old brother, the legimate hair, tried to make him kill to secure his own legacy and the purity of the family bloodline ! Forced to flee and hide, he found refuge in a traveling comedy troupe where he took the stage name of « Marquis de Mascarille » to hide his true identity. Under this mask, he continues to serve the monarchy like his father before him, but in his own way : he writes and plays comedies in which he mocks puritanism and influence of the Order of the Faith in order to reenforced the power of the king. The Marquis de Mascarille is now a renowned author and comedian in all Oleon and his theater is always filled by an ever-increasing crowd that comes to cheer him every night ! But his most recent successes – Tartuffius and Dominus Giovannius – have attracted the attention of the Order...

2842741-o_1b7m6h0p01vf119fv15rkqqh13ke4-

Welcome aboard! It's very nice to see new faces arriving in Oleon, and I can't wait to get better acquainted with your character. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need any help in getting started.

Oh and Marquis de Mascarille and his troope might want to stay away from ile de Zeus as members of the Order are flocking there due to the existance of a fable artifact of Zeus (still to be discovered) :wink:

@Campistron: Fabulous to see a different sort of character here! I am pretty sure we haven't had any theatrical gentlemen so far. (Discounting the continued, involuntary theatrics of Eslandola.... :pir-grin:)

And tensions with the faith - what's not to like! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

Does Eslandola needs to worry that Oleon paid 2500 db's to Mardier?

Say WHAT?! :pir-oh:

49 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Say WHAT?! :pir-oh:

Just the typical infamous lies told by eslandolan warmongers. 

32 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

Just the typical infamous lies told by eslandolan warmongers. 

That's true... In fact the RNTC paid the 2500 db's to Mardier... :look:

RNTC/Oleon..., potato/pomme de terre...

But the conclusion is the same Oleon paid 2.5K to Mardier without any official statement...

Edited by Maxim I