simonwillems

New Set Town Plan

I still don't like the art deco design!

Looks good though.... *y*

Edit: Thanks Holodoc! How did you see that!?!

Edited by Lord Of Pies

i really like this set!

although it dosent mix all that well with cafe corner

but the gas station would look better in a city than the new one..

more pictures of the old sets

001.jpg

002.jpg

cant wait to see more exclusives

i wonder if they are in the same style...

Not to take anything any from this set. It is cool, I guess. It just really doesn't do anything for me. I don't like Town.

But, since pics of this set are surfacing, I hope the GG set and Death Star sets are not far behind. Sorry guys, I am Star Wars nut. If it wasn't for the Star Wars license, I probably would be collecting much in the way of Lego.

I really want to see those SW sets!!

Jamie

Amazing!!!!!!!

I truly hope TLG continues in this direction

i'm good on police stations for three years *wacko*

I just love it *wub* *wub* *wub*

I surely kept yesterday evening at least one hour on looking at the picture of this set because it is the best Lego (City) set ever!

Thank you very much for posting the picture of the back of the box, Mr Hobbes!

So we now know that each of the three buildings has a very, very, very nice interior - that's fantastic!

Especially these details like the bar and the screen in the cinema - amazing!!!

Hopefully the Green Grocer set will be like this set - of course smaller, but with a nice interior and these amazing details, too!

By the way: Is this dark green-grey building a town hall or a church? And does anyone already know the circa price?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

By the way: Is this dark green-grey building a town hall or a church?

I think it's a church but would make a nicer looking town hall, I would just make a bigger back to it! ;-) Thanks Mr Hobbles, TK, and everyone else who has posted pictures of this best ever lego set!

The lettering on the sides of the cinema look like stickers to me, though I would like to get a better look at those film posters!

That red van is absolutly amazing!

I think it's a church but would make a nicer looking town hall, I would just make a bigger back to it! ;-) Thanks Mr Hobbles, TK, and everyone else who has posted pictures of this best ever lego set!

Personally I think it's a Town Hall, mainly because of the clock on the front. You don't often see churches with clock towers. Presumably the bride and groom just paid a visit to the Justice of the Peace.

Personally I think it's a Town Hall, mainly because of the clock on the front. You don't often see churches with clock towers. Presumably the bride and groom just paid a visit to the Justice of the Peace.

yes but in the old set it seemed like a church so it would make sence but I agree it does look a lot like a town hall though I'm sure someone said on one of the first pages it was a church, I suppose only time will tell.

Oh and by the way come to england we have plenty of churchs with clock towers! ;-)

Edited by casewindu

Hopefully the Green Grocer set will be like this set - of course smaller, but with a nice interior and these amazing details, too!

I wouldn

Has LEGO ever produced a church? The closest I've seen them get to religion in any form are the Christmas items, and they're fairly limited.

I always viewed their religious stance similarly to their race stance. Avoid, mostly. Until the NBA franchise, they'd managed to avoid race completely, now it's gone wild. I think they'd do the same thing if they ever released a church. Suddenly they'd feel compelled to produce other religious structures to represent other faiths, and things would get needlessly complicated. I kind of like avoiding it entirely.

Has LEGO ever produced a church? The closest I've seen them get to religion in any form are the Christmas items, and they're fairly limited.

I always viewed their religious stance similarly to their race stance. Avoid, mostly. Until the NBA franchise, they'd managed to avoid race completely, now it's gone wild. I think they'd do the same thing if they ever released a church. Suddenly they'd feel compelled to produce other religious structures to represent other faiths, and things would get needlessly complicated. I kind of like avoiding it entirely.

I thought the same thing :-$ , and I'm even surprised that they used the RedCross symbol for so long (now it has changed to a more generic symbol with esculapian snake and staff).

LuxorV

That's a good point. However, if the building in question IS supposed to be a church, it seems devoid of any religious symbols of any kind (cross, Star of David, etc.).

If Lego were to take on race AND religion, what's next? Politics??? I considered making a George Bush-as-mini-fig joke here, but I think I'll just let it go. X-D

This is just another amazing set thats coming out for 2008, anyone else feeling another Lego Golden Age?

I'd have to agree with you there, TLC is making a major comeback.

2007 was one killer year, even with Mars Mission. It had the great City sets, excellent new castle theme, cool underwater AquaRaiders, and some brilliant creator sets, especially that town house *wub* (Which I own! *sweet* ), not to mention Cafe Corner!

2008 is looking even better. It has well-designed indy sets, a new direction for castle, a much better year for Exo-Force, some great creator sets, city is looking good (if a little bit of a letdown), we have impulse :'-) , starwars battepacks and even bionicle is looking more inventive! Oh, we also have this! *wub*

Overall I'd say we'd better brace our wallets for 08!

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

This is better than Cafe Corner. I love it! I would rate this set as is, the best set for the past 10 years if produced like the image(s). Outstanding!

Fantastic! Great find Sinner! Very good detail on the interiors! I love the round 1X1 plates used as popcorn in the movie theater! I'm really digg'in the service station too! Love the service bay! Lego really got this one right!

Thanks Sinner! Those are great. I was also surprised to see that there was a theater inside. But, I'm glad there is. It is kind of cool. I would prefer an extension for that, but this is nice classic LEGO! I would love to see a closeup of those coming attractions posters. I can't get over what a beautiful set this is. Since these are the best pics we've seen so far, I'm going to add them to the first post...

WOAH! :-) *sweet* :'-) *wub* Thanks a heap Sinner, this is looking to be the best set in years!

I love the popcorn! And the "It Rebuilds!" 50's B-mvie poster! :-D And the fruit in the service station store! *wub*

Town Hall still looks great, that wedding couple is So cute! *wub*

I have decided to get ATLEAST 1!

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

I like the combination of old smileys and new faces!

I am starting to like this set more and more!

Thank you for the great pics Sinner.

this is so sweet!!

i wonder what the price is..

cant be more ecxpensive than cc

The new pictures makes it even more beatifull! Wow, so nice!

The set can't cost more dan 140 EUR, it would be silly if you look at the number of pieces of the Caf

Edited by Matn