Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Seems that the UK won't get Revan, but 5 FO stormies with a purchase over £60. (According to brick fanatics).

The recent posts regarding the confirmed, and potential, offers for 30th September aren't really relevant for this thread. If anyone wants to discuss them, please feel free to create a new thread specifically for it. I appreciate that 2016 is almost over in terms of new sets etc, but I'd prefer to keep this thread as tidy as possible. Thanks for your understanding :classic:

The recent posts regarding the confirmed, and potential, offers for 30th September aren't really relevant for this thread. If anyone wants to discuss them, please feel free to create a new thread specifically for it. I appreciate that 2016 is almost over in terms of new sets etc, but I'd prefer to keep this thread as tidy as possible. Thanks for your understanding :classic:

I am curious then about the scope of this thread. I was under the impression that anything regarding lsw in 2016 was up for conversation here. Which thread is appropriate for future promotions of 2016?

I am curious then about the scope of this thread. I was under the impression that anything regarding lsw in 2016 was up for conversation here. Which thread is appropriate for future promotions of 2016?

Let me first address the general case, then this particular case:

Not entirely; the rumor topics are intended for anything regarding the year's set rumors and discussion, though we're usually pretty lenient when it comes to certain tangential discussions such as early reviews and availability. Promotions are kind of a gray area, especially if they involve new releases. In general, larger promotions (such as this one or May the 4th) are fine as their own topic, and a safe bet would be the set availability topic or even general questions.

In this case, I'd say that it's fine to discuss the promotion here, just try to keep it relevant to the 2016 releases. Yes, it isn't strictly on topic, and I can see ways it might lead to serious derailing of the topic, and it'd be a different story if this promotion was just a sale without the minifig or if it didn't coincide with the release of new sets, but I'm not terribly concerned in this particular case. :classic: We'll move posts if they stray too far.

I might be reading too much into this, but in the promotions article on brickset it says we can expect the rogue one reviews 'very soon'. I'm guessing they already have the sets in hand - maybe we'll see them before force Friday.

The 2016 & 2017 Pictures & Rumours threads are primarily intended for new sets (e.g. those to be released in that year) rather than any promotions, events etc. And, as I mentioned in my post, you're welcome to create a specific one for it. We've had dedicated threads for previous May 4th events, and 30th September is probably going to be interesting enough to generate a decent amount of interest (especially considering the possible differences between the US & Europe!). Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss it further :classic:

Oh, and to add to my previous post, in case it wasn't clear, I concur that this promo deserves its own topic, as Lobot has said.

And, as I mentioned in my post, you're welcome to create a specific one for it. We've had dedicated threads for previous May 4th events, and 30th September is probably going to be interesting enough to generate a decent amount of interest (especially considering the possible differences between the US & Europe!).

I'm not holding out ANY hope of these promos being available in the UK, I've been in touch with severallego employees over the last week and all have told me that they would've heard about any and all promos available for 30th Sep going into Oct. I hope beyond hope they're all wrong but realistically it would appear we're not getting 2x VIP points, any SW promo minifigures, the only giveaway slated for Oct is the London bus polybag :(

Why?

This doesn't make the figure uglier or something like that.....yes, it makes the figure less valuable on the aftermarket, but imho that's not important as we're all fans, not scalpers....right?

People who missed out last time can now get it....even for free! Good for them! It's a great minifig!

I can understand if you don't like the minifigure and were hoping to sell it, but if you do like it, you should be happy that now others can share in your joy.

No no no i did not mean it like that guys!

It is because i bought it in the aftermarket a little time ago and now its back so i kind of screwed myself...

But what the heck who could have predicted this one lol

Edited by Stan-Lee

I wouldn't worry about a Lego employee, or several, not knowing about a promotion and it actually happening. Some of them don't know from one day to the next what they're getting in.

I'm assuming it's 5 of the promo polybag from back in May that will be available? I got Revan when he was around a few years ago so 5 of those poly bags are actually more useful to me so fingers crossed.

I wouldn't worry about a Lego employee, or several, not knowing about a promotion and it actually happening. Some of them don't know from one day to the next what they're getting in.

I'm assuming it's 5 of the promo polybag from back in May that will be available? I got Revan when he was around a few years ago so 5 of those poly bags are actually more useful to me so fingers crossed.

Yes, to my knowledge it's 5 FO stormies in Europe and revan in US/Canada.

So is there no price limit on it?

because if its any starwars set (no minimum price) i will expect these to sell out fast.

Ill be up all night on the 29th

Why is nobody questioning the fact that the promotion is 5 of the same polybag? 5 FO Stormtroopers just seems wrong. Why would they give away 5 polybags with every purchase, that's completely unprecedented and they'd probably run out of stock pretty quickly.

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet, but I think this is the first official confirmation we've got on the identity of the protocol droid in the advent calendar: https://www.lego.com/en-us/starwars/characters/u-3po-0fc741bcf35e48f1b557d7aef77cca4c

Of course, it can ultimately be whatever droid you want it to be, but it's nice to get actual confirmation that it's U-3PO.

Same for me, Revan was good but I don't need another. 5 generics would be a heaps better deal for me.

Jangbricks did a side by side comparison video of all minifigs between the newer Death Star that just came out and 10188. He is 100% right about Han Solo, it's all about the hair piece.

One of the comments on that video actually makes a valid point. What about the future of the Han in Carbonite piece now that there's the updated hair?

One of the comments on that video actually makes a valid point. What about the future of the Han in Carbonite piece now that there's the updated hair?

I assume next time they release a carbonite-related set they will update it. But having just got Slave I last year and the freezing chamber this year, I doubt we'll be seeing it in 2017. That provides plenty of time for them to slightly modify the existing piece with updated hair.

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet, but I think this is the first official confirmation we've got on the identity of the protocol droid in the advent calendar: https://www.lego.com...557d7aef77cca4c

Of course, it can ultimately be whatever droid you want it to be, but it's nice to get actual confirmation that it's U-3PO.

Oh really? I thought it would have been TC-14... but that's great, as I can now use both as separate minifigs :wink:

I think they released the Carbon Freezing Chamber just to get rid of the last Carbonite Han pieces. To be honest, they could've updated the last one with a new print as the face didn't match Han's most recent minifigure face.

Is the Revan figure the same as the original or has it been changed at all?

I think they released the Carbon Freezing Chamber just to get rid of the last Carbonite Han pieces. To be honest, they could've updated the last one with a new print as the face didn't match Han's most recent minifigure face.

That would make a lot of sense.