Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Is this a joke? How can they possibly think that putting this garbage in the same level as the Slave 1 or any other UCS set was a good idea? You'd think after Hoth, they would listen to the community. Why not just make an Ultimate Playset Series or something, at least then it would make some sense.

Edited by Suproc

Ahahahah this makes me feel so good! No new Han hairpiece though I think... Can't really tell! BUT YES SO HAPPY!

Ahahahah this makes me feel so good! No new Han hairpiece though I think... Can't really tell! BUT YES SO HAPPY!

From the small pic I saw I think Han's new hairpiece is in the set.

Edited by Robianco

Whew, looks like I'll save enough money to buy 2x Assault on Hoth's now.

Wouldn't be as bad if 10188 wasn't JUST discontinued and the price increase wasn't as bad. But 10188 was out for so many years, it hasn't been long enough for enough new people to need this massive set.

It's the new hairpiece. I'm pretty sure.

About the set, I don't know. I'm glad that it's just a remake because I don't have the old one... But I don't have the old one because I never saw it interesting, so...

I probably would buy it with some discount.

But do we even know if this is real? Like it looks the exact same.... And all those figures all pretty much exist right...

Am I the only one who can't find/see these images?

You're welcome to search for them yourself, but please don't ask for them here.

Are you sure that this is really new set? Maybe it is a joke?

I'm still holding out and hoping this is the case.

I just seen pics, and I'm wondering what everyone was expecting, I hope everyone knows that having an outer shell of something that big, would cost more money and would probably be $800 or even more than that.

Yeah it sucks it is $100 more, but compared to 2008, Lego has updated so many minifigures and molds and have added more detail, of course it would cost more. Does anyone even understand that Lego really wants to appeal to a new generation of Star Wars fans? This is really just the old set but with new figures, and new play features, Lego only retired the set for those purposes, it's only supposed to appeal to newer fans and fans who haven't had a chance to get it like me, if you put yourself in the same shoes of those who missed out on it, wouldn't you be excited for it?

Lego also wanted to keep the classic feel, they weren't going to rehash it entirely, I think this is a good set, it is underwhelming for those who have gotten it, don't see the big deal.

Is this a joke? How can they possibly think that putting this garbage in the same level as the Slave 1 or any other UCS set was a good idea? You'd think after Hoth, they would listen to the community. Why not just make an Ultimate Playset Series or something, at least then it would make some sense.

It's nothing new; 10188 was considered a UCS set when it was originally released as well: http://www.tales2ast...s/sw-poster.jpg

Has anybody seen the other side?

There is a pic of the other side, yes. It is also identical to 10188.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

Incredible...

Somewhere in in a conference room in Billund in 2015.

"We're not selling much of 10188 anymore."

"Well, that set has been out for quite some time."

"Yes, but we still have a lot of copies on stock. How can we solve this?"

"Let's retire the set and release a new version with the exact same parts but with new minifigs."

"Fantastic idea, but it should get a new set number. Just to create some hype."

"Ok, let's put the exact same bricks in new bags, add some extra cheese slopes, re-use some minifigs from recent sets and put them all together in a new box."

"Yeah! We can even add an extra $100 to the price tag."

"Let's do it."

"Hey you! Designer! You have exactly 8 hours to redesign our brand new UCS set. Now go!"

Edited by bountybossk

When I bought the Death Star 2 years ago and it actually had some updated head pieces. But this is such a joke :grin:

Designers vid: 'Look at all these changes! Every brick is in a darker color'

But serious though: I didn't expect anything and I'm still letdown. Remaking sets after a few years is fine by me, but not if there is so much material that hasn't even been touched upon.

And if you do a remake, put at least some effort in not making it look like an exact copy. But we will have to wait and see what has changed when the official release video comes out etc etc.

But from TLG point of view it probably makes sense as all the people who missed out on the 2008 version will probably buy this.

+1, all I have to say

Am I kind of let down by this? Yes.

Do I still want it? Yes.

I never got the original, so... :shrug_oh_well:

But I can understand the disappointment with the minimal changes made to the set.

- Carbon freeze chamber

- Assault on Hoth

- May the 4th promo

- The new Death Star

What a "fanatastic" year for LEGO Star Wars. At least the Rogue One wave looks solid.

What did I expect?

Least I expected, as others have said, was some updated building techniques and parts to smoothen the rough edges.

Great, saved myself 500 euro. Thanks Lego.

There's a brand new high-res image of the manual on there, too. Giant dumb watermark though.

So looking at the hi res Leia's torso has been updated which is nice but still no leg print. Imperial Pilot's black tunic has been updated slightly. Tarkin has an updated torso design and the grey Imperial next to him looks like the officer int he 75055 Star Destroyer but with a light bley design rather than dark bley. Han's hair looks nice on the figure especially in the Stormtrooper disguise.