Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

4 st's actually, you can make stormtrooper han and luke into regular st's. why are the imperials all grinning? the old face for death star troopers were better.

Because they are confident in their victory. :wink:

I am quite confused who the new officer minifigure is meant to be. I'll wait until I can clearly see the rank insignia, although it feels like a random officer that, for some reason, has light grey.

I am quite confused who the new officer minifigure is meant to be. I'll wait until I can clearly see the rank insignia, although it feels like a random officer that, for some reason, has light grey.

He's light grey because he's a ground troop officer rather than naval officer. At least one of these appear in ANH.

There's also the stormtrooper officer from the detention centre.

NOTHING related to Rogue One??????????

I thougth that was the reason for this new release

That's what I figured as well! :wacko:

Oh, well..

Thanks for the pictures! The minifigs do look great. That new Han Solo hair is awesome. Will be Bricklinking a few of that, and the new Tarkin and Imperial Officer figure as well.

Might be expensive, but still cheaper than $500 for something I rechnically already have for at least three quarters :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

This got discussed a few pages back - consensus is that the officer may be General Trech Molock. He's present in the conference room scene and appears to be wearing a lighter grey uniform. Although I can't tell from the minifigure image the colour of his rank insignia, the single bar would indicate the correct rank too.

That said, I don't know why he's wearing a hat, but I'll swap that for a hairpiece and put the hat to good use elsewhere.

I'm hoping this new set will inspire a new generation of MODers to make changes to the interior. I for one intend to lose the droid repair bay and the throne room and use them to redesign other areas from ANH or maybe RO.

4 st's actually, you can make stormtrooper han and luke into regular st's. why are the imperials all grinning? the old face for death star troopers were better.

I know, but Luke and Han in Stormtrooper outfit will be more expensive than regular Stormtroopers.

Edited by La Chupacabra

He's light grey because he's a ground

troop officer rather than naval officer. At least one of these appear in ANH.

There's also the stormtrooper officer from the detention centre.

In my opinion that is ISB uniform.

Edited by La Chupacabra

Those minifigures... So little improvement. I'll be getting Han's hair and Leia's torso. Past that the rest doesn't interest me even a little.

why are the imperials all grinning? the old face for death star troopers were better.

I assume those have dual-sided faces :wink:

My favourite minifigs in this set are definitely the new Imperial droids and Han :wub: I honestly never thought I'd say that Han was my favourite minifig in any given set :laugh: Don't get me wrong, I love Han, but his minifig incarnations never stood out that much for me amongst the other minifigs. This time however, he gets the spotlight with an awesome new mould :thumbup:

Is there a rumored or confirmed release date for the RO sets?

In my opinion that is ISB uniform.

White uniforms belong to ISB officers. Grey only appears in ANH but I don't think there is any set-in-stone meaning for the uniform colour.

October 1st, same as the Death Star

It's September 30th for the Rogue One sets. "Rogue Friday," as it's called.

Does anyone actually live near that store where the photos of the Death Star build were snapped. I'd love to see how she's getting on with the build!

Feel free to call and ask, the number is 410-379-5245 :tongue:

Does anyone actually live near that store where the photos of the Death Star build were snapped. I'd love to see how she's getting on with the build!

Same. While I am in the region that store is not easily accessible to me. Sorry guys

After reading all of the vitriol aimed at the Deathstar I am curious if anyone has considered if we are shooting ourselves in the foot? What if Lego intends on re-releasing our beloved Millennium Falcon but after all of the negative feedback from one updated set they change their minds?

After reading all of the vitriol aimed at the Deathstar I am curious if anyone has considered if we are shooting ourselves in the foot? What if Lego intends on re-releasing our beloved Millennium Falcon but after all of the negative feedback from one updated set they change their minds?

The majority of the negativity is linked to the fact the set retired less than a year ago, so it seems like they're just jacking up the price.

If Lego wants to re-release MF, they will. I personally don't want them to, as I don't think it looks very good.

No way. After the Assault on Hoth they are releasing the new/old Death Star with no problem. So I don't think that they even care about what ever was written on all of this pages.

Nah, that gray officer is definitely not Trech Molock. Molock has a rank plaque with 6 red squares - I can't quite tell from these pictures, but I'm 99% certain that's not the same as the minifigure. The minifigure looks like he has 2 red and 4 yellow (read left to right), which doesn't match any of the officers in the conference room. There are a lot of random officers he could be, though. I would have preferred a Motti or Tagge, but any new imperial officer is exciting for me.

Confirmed $500

[snip]

I'm really hoping that $ doesn't simply get changed to a £...

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

Confirmed $500

[snip]

$660 AUD on conversion I guess $700 with the inflation tax for Australia... Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

$660 AUD on conversion I guess $700 with the inflation tax for Australia...

$699.99 was the price for 10188. It'll be at least $799.99 or more.