Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I don't know how they could top the 10188 at all, Lego lately have been simplifying their builds yet they are more intricate, it would curious to see how they pull the new one off. Hopefully they throw in a good amount of mini figures in there though.

Does anyone here use the rebel figures as part of their original trilogy figs? The grand moff tarkin is coming out with the summer set and I am actually happy since its last variation. I really don't have high hopes for the new Death Star.

Yup, they're close enough to the OT that it works, which is nice since you can't do that with TCW or PT sets. I have the crew of the Ghost hanging out in Home One right now, and they seem right at home, no pun intended.

Does anyone here use the rebel figures as part of their original trilogy figs? The grand moff tarkin is coming out with the summer set and I am actually happy since its last variation. I really don't have high hopes for the new Death Star.

I don't have any rebels set yet but I can imagine the only ones I would never use are the stormtroopers and the tie fighter pilots, those don't fit the rest of OT as well.

Could this new Death Star set perhaps have connections to Rogue One as well as the OT? It would make sense, since the Death Star plans are kinda the macguffin of the movie.

Also, do we have any idea what face with be under Vader's helmet in the Rebels set? I doubt that LEGO would make a special Rebels version of Anakin's scarred face, but hopefully there will be something more than just a black head.

Could this new Death Star set perhaps have connections to Rogue One as well as the OT? It would make sense, since the Death Star plans are kinda the macguffin of the movie.

Also, do we have any idea what face with be under Vader's helmet in the Rebels set? I doubt that LEGO would make a special Rebels version of Anakin's scarred face, but hopefully there will be something more than just a black head.

If they plan on using the new death star like the old one, probably not. The old one was a long time set, that was the big one that every child dreamed about getting. It doesn't seem likely that they would make such a long lasting set based off of an anthology film, but who knows.

A Death Star 2 I think is unlikely because that would make about half the actual set unusable for dioramas. Unless they added a midi scale Home One to go along with it or the parts still under construction could be removed to reveal the core and tunnels.

Wouldn't expect much differences on the death star, just updated minifigures.

I certainly hope so, by the time I could afford to buy the last one the figs were already sort of outdated so I decided to buy other sets.

Actually I would hope a few things change on it to make it more enticing. Its going to be expensive most likely so an upgrade should be part of the product. Minifigs shouldn't be enough to sell it on its own.

I think it's safe to say that the new Death Star won't have the Emperor's throne room like the last one did since the Final Duel set's still out. So that should at least free up space for some new stuff (or the expansion of old rooms).

I think it's safe to say that the new Death Star won't have the Emperor's throne room like the last one did since the Final Duel set's still out. So that should at least free up space for some new stuff (or the expansion of old rooms).

What other rooms would you want? I mean I would personally like to see a larger Hanger Bay.

Edited by Legoman123

Here's a look at the Kanan's Speeder set! Apparently it's a Target exclusive in the US. :look:

25570724525_24d3979b63_z.jpg

25478002251_b1b7416c28_z.jpg

25478002761_891f6d69d5_z.jpg

I only shop for legos online or if it's in person, at Target so that's perfect for me. It would be nice for them to start stocking stores however. :grin: Mine doesn't have any of the march sets and i've been itching to get some for a while

Actually I would hope a few things change on it to make it more enticing. Its going to be expensive most likely so an upgrade should be part of the product. Minifigs shouldn't be enough to sell it on its own.

Well of course there's going to be some changes, but don't expect a lot.

What other rooms would you want? I mean I would personally like to see a larger Hanger Bay.

The hangar bay, meeting room, tractor beam control room, detention cell, trash compactor, control room, and the chasm where Luke and Leia jump are all that I think really need to be there. And I have no doubt that it will be since I'm pretty sure it was all in the last Death Star. I could actually do without another mini Vader's TIE Advanced though, but I have a feeling they might do that or some mini TIE Fighters or something.

I don't think can you assume that at all. They didn't leave anything out of the original version that plays a bigger role than the throne room, quite the contrary. They actually had more than enough space for everything.

The Final Duel set will probably be discontinued by the time the Death Star comes out. And even if its not, they didn't leave the trench out of the UCS Echo Base set despite it already being included in the smaller Hoth Attack set so I don't see why they'd leave out the throne room.

I think the new Death Star will probably end up being similar to the new Winter Village Toy Shop - the minifigures all updated, some new pieces and building techniques here and there - but the set as a whole roughly the same as the previous release.

Also the Tower of Orthanc had this set in it with little alteration:

79005-1.jpg?6

They came out at the same time, too.

I just wish they didn't use dark tan for the uniforms instead of gray. Even olive would've been a better choice.

Why did they do that? Tarkin doesnt even wear a brown tunic on the show. Isnt that just Lothal's lighting?

Look I actually kindve like brown tunics myself because they diversify the imperial forces and officer corps but sti its a weird discrepancy on TLG's part

Why did they do that? Tarkin doesnt even wear a brown tunic on the show. Isnt that just Lothal's lighting?

Look I actually kindve like brown tunics myself because they diversify the imperial forces and officer corps but sti its a weird discrepancy on TLG's part

No, the uniform is noticeably brown on the Star Destroyer as well. It's somewhere in between LEGO's dark grey and dark tan, so either of those are technically accurate. They probably went with dark tan because we've already had a bunch of dark grey officers in the past.

Well of course there's going to be some changes, but don't expect a lot.

Some of the recent sets haven't had that many changes lately...

wish they gave us a modular death star released in different installments. just think about how amazing it would be. it needn't be spherical either.

wish they gave us a modular death star released in different installments. just think about how amazing it would be. it needn't be spherical either.

I'm not sure if you are serious but a non-spherical Death Star...really? We've already seen the "icy" reception the 'modular' Hoth UCS set has received. The last Death Star was one of TLGs best sellers, I wouldn't expect them to deviate too much from a winning formula.

I'm not sure if you are serious but a non-spherical Death Star...really? We've already seen the "icy" reception the 'modular' Hoth UCS set has received. The last Death Star was one of TLGs best sellers, I wouldn't expect them to deviate too much from a winning formula.

I think hoth hardly counts as modular, a couple of battle packs with some technic connectors is their idea of modular these days.

I predict it will be $500 and possibly even a little smaller than the previous one. It will have a high piece count, but containing a lot more smaller parts for details (see modulars) Updated minifigs for sure. In fact, I think that was the only real weakness to the old one being on sale for so long. On the interior, I would hope they would just concentrate on DS I rather than trying to make a rehash of the emperor's throne room. They could extend the life of the Final Duel set the same way that they made sure Ecto-1 can be bought at the same time as the new Ghostbusters HQ.

On the interior, perhaps they could have a control room where the Death Star gunner(s) are to fire the superlaser. These guys were not in the last set. For sure, I expect to see a conference room, the detention block, the trash compactor, a control room, the superlaser dish, the tractor beam, and the chasm where Luke and Leia cross with the grappling hook. I would hope they lose the mini TIE fighter and maybe instead expand the detention block and other spaces. A hanger bay would be nice, but it does not seem workable unless it could actually contain a "real" ship, which would make the size of the playset too big. They could resort to making a large closing blast door near the bottom, and one could improvise a space next to the build to represent the landing bay. That door would of course lead to the landing bay and be the site of the duel between Vader and Obi Wan.

I guess there would be a turret or two as well.

Edited by AFOLguy1970