Going by the name: Yes, African.

Going by the map location: Indian is fitting a lot better.

Thinking about "and allied states": Far Eastern is far more appropriate imho (at least going by real world history)

Edited by Elostirion

Hmmm, good points about Africa.

What made me think India was basically the reasons Elostirion states above - the location and in my mind Mokolei Empire and Allied States = Mughal Empire??

If my opinion on the matter is of any import, I've run under the impression that New Oleon was similar to Africa in many ways. I assumed New Oleon has both Saharan Africa appearing places, and Sub-Saharan Africa appearing places, and may well have parts to it inspired by the Middle East. I'd like to believe that Pan is similarly African inspired, but I have not checked to see if anyone has established anything about it. Phred mentioned that the nations would appear much like the Barbary coast/Saracen states, to which I have no disagreements.

Also worth noting is that New Oleon is also distinctly Oleander influenced, and that Oleon culture has dominated the region for some time now.

The NPC pirate Reynard LeRoublard hails from New Oleon, as will several more characters I introduce later on. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

As a new player, I'm curious about a few things story wise.

What role does Slavery play in the game? Is it historically accurate slaves from lesser empires? Or no slaves at all?

Was their ever a reformation like in European History? Or are all the gods the same as the new order has always had them?

So far there has been no attempts at slavery in any form. I think most people prefer to avoid this. There has been forced labor of criminals though. 

There hasn't been any specific reformation type event but some of the other nations and individuals outside Oleon do not follow the order and it's religion. So there is room for smaller localized religious beliefs. 

Edited by SilentWolf

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

As a new player, I'm curious about a few things story wise.

What role does Slavery play in the game? Is it historically accurate slaves from lesser empires? Or no slaves at all?

Was their ever a reformation like in European History? Or are all the gods the same as the new order has always had them?

Reg. slavery, Silentwolf answered, and to the religion, I will add the some people have introduced alternative religions. There is Bishop Meloche ( @Kwatchi) and his dark arts, @gedren_y and his gaelic (?) inspired religion, and @Capt Wolf also made some alternative church of the sun and the moon, if I am not mistaken. :pir-blush:

But the dominant religion is certainly the "faith" as described in the lore. :pir-blush:

6 hours ago, Bregir said:

There is Bishop Meloche ( @Kwatchi) and his dark arts

Hey now!  None of that spurious gossip.

Bishop Meloche's story is all about how, a monk had his faith turned upside side down. 
One day I'll make a MOC, using three colours of gray,
To tell you how he became the Pirate-Lord of a town called Charlatan Bay.