I love watching these.  Sadly I think my brain is a little to smooth to create one, which makes them even more impressive to me 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣

Having the ball run down, along the inside, seems really nice and pleasing. The motor changing speed pushing them up, no so much.

hi all,

im currently getting modules ready for brickvention next year and one of the modules i decide to pull out was the marble run, i had a lot of issues with this one and just put it on my shelves for another time when i felt like tackling it again. anyway i spent a bit of time on it today and was able to get it mostly 100% zero ball spills but i still have the occasional one fly off.

has anyone been able to get this module to be fully reliable? im currently waiting for the elevator parts to come so i can test it better.

has anyone changed some of the angles of the connectors? and if so can you show me?

thanks

I had the same issues but couldn't get it right, fiddled with it for quite some time with changing angles and rerouting tracks. At some points on the track there is too much speed causing the ball to fly off the track.

That's why I created my Marble Run with shooter. All balls enter the track at the same speed with the ball catch at the beginning and ball speed is consistent throughout all tracks. Adding a ball catch for constant entry speed at the beginning of the Akiyuki Marble Run might help. Removing the ball drops also.

By the way, Mould King will release the above Marble Run as a set very soon.

Hi all,

just posted my adaptation/expansion of the Catch & Release module on YouTube. This version has 4 grabbers which are organized in line. Hope you like it :sweet:

Edited by Lego_GBC_NL
Incorrect link

26 minutes ago, 9v system said:

@Lego_GBC_NL good to see you back, have you built any other akiyuki modules?

Yes I have, but lately also quite some modules designed by others. Before building any more modules, I'm going to make videos of most of the modules I didn't take apart (so you'll see some Akiyuki ones on my YouTube channel soon).

Just published a video of GBC #4 by Rimo Yaona for instance. Looking at Akiyuki modules, Five Tilted Rings, Strain Wave Gearing, Peanuts, Pneumatic Module, Hockey Stick Lift and Catch & Spin Robots are on the agenda.

Parts have been BrickLink'ed, just need to find some time to build them :grin:

On 8/6/2022 at 7:23 PM, Ankoku said:

Having the ball run down, along the inside, seems really nice and pleasing. The motor changing speed pushing them up, no so much.

I'm sure that Akiyuki will fix the torsion of the central axle soon : he already faced this kind of problem, as showed in this video from himself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drmlBqzqJSo

Although he can't build a thick axle here, between the output gear and the "rotor", there are possibilities to add 2 or 4 supporting structures between the Z40 output gear and some of the axle-made beams (which hold the vertical rails) in order to relieve the central axle. As an extra option, we can also use a bigger output gear like a turntable or a ring of banana gears, attaching it the same way on the "rotor".

@9v system, yes it is  :-) I had such small layouts a couple of times on our LUG's exhibitions (2 days in a row). I am glad you like it. I stopped doing it,... in the end it turned out that there was always something to tweek and I just didn't feel like picking up the balls all the time. Funny thing is, that when you adjust something it works very well, maybe even for hours, but then suddenly it goes nuts and you need to adjust/repair again... I still love a good GBC, but not taking care of it for two consecutive days ;-)

Hi, just wanted to share with you my new output for the Bucket Wheel Tower. Built this module quite some years ago, but never took the time to add a decent output in order to solve the "height issue".

Some GBC builders connected Akiyuki's Marble Run as the subsequent module, some others built nice zig-zag ramps to bring back the balls to the desired height.

I decided to copy Akiyuki's spiral output from his "Spiral Staircase" module, added a few levels and connected it to the original module. Works splendidly and looks nice, no dropped/jammed balls so far! :sweet:

See below YouTube video:

On 8/31/2022 at 8:54 AM, Lego_GBC_NL said:

Hi, just wanted to share with you my new output for the Bucket Wheel Tower. Built this module quite some years ago, but never took the time to add a decent output in order to solve the "height issue".

Some GBC builders connected Akiyuki's Marble Run as the subsequent module, some others built nice zig-zag ramps to bring back the balls to the desired height.

I decided to copy Akiyuki's spiral output from his "Spiral Staircase" module, added a few levels and connected it to the original module. Works splendidly and looks nice, no dropped/jammed balls so far! :sweet:

See below YouTube video:

i like this idea, i decided to do the descender based on @OneMoreRobots version with the 8 buckets,

i need to add the 5 rings to the front page as its missing, will also add some of @Berthils designs like the rimo buckets and i think they deserve to be featured

also i have IO files for ALL of the akiyuki modules in this project and will put a link to them for people to use, took myself and @Jude The Lego Dude ages to do them.

On 5/17/2016 at 9:18 PM, Blakbird said:

Instructions for Akiyuki's Train Module are now tested and complete and are available here. This Module is really made up of a bunch of smaller modules. I've listed the parts lists sepately for those who don't want to build the whole thing.

640x360.jpg

Most of the credit for reverse engineering this module goes to Courbet who did the work making an LDraw file with instruction steps. I had the easy job of formatting the instructions.

The Train Module is really a series of smaller modules, not all of which are required to make a layout. At minimum a motor, loader, switch, and unloader are required. The crane loader can be swapped for the simple loader. If a siding is added to increase throughput, then an additional motor is required. If you want to build everything then there is a loader, crane loader, siding, 2 motors, switch, unloader, and connecting tracks. The instructions show how to make 3 different layout options, but of course there are others. The images below show how many of each sub-module would be needed for each type of layout. The last layout uses the most parts, but still does not include the loader because it uses the crane loader instead.

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

This is a really complex module, perhaps even more so than the Ball Factory. Unlike the ball factory, relatively little timing is required. The crane itself is self timed because every mechanical motion drives another. The triggers need to be timed to fire at the right point in the cycle. This is pretty straightforward. There is some additional timing in the "timer" of the crane module at the worm gearboxes, but if you orient the parts as shown in the instructions it will work correctly.

As has been elsewhere discussed, I had problems with the power requirements of the crane. Anyone interested in adding an extra motor to solve this problem can see my previous post on the matter.

You dont have the xml for brick link for the loader,unloader,switch,cart  to download ones in post wont let me download them

a new GBC layout from akiyuki and others.

some interesting changes to his modules here, he has removed the black connections on the ends of his modules. the inputs are now bulkier for some reason. 6 heads output is now moved to the front. basket shooter has a very complicated splitter. screw type 1 has been shortened, same with the output ramp from the cup to cup

Does anyone have any more information or know who the builder of these modules are (I would be keen to build them):

Rotary%20Dump.JPG

Loader.JPG

Pnuematic%20GBC.JPG

Edited by HRU_Bricks

8 hours ago, HRU_Bricks said:

Does anyone have any more information or know who the builder of these modules are (I would be keen to build them):

Rotary%20Dump.JPG

Loader.JPG

Pnuematic%20GBC.JPG

These are the modules of Takanori Hashimoto AKA Yattaran. 

YT; https://www.youtube.com/@TakanorisWorkshop/videos

His modules have kits and instructions available to buy; https://yattaran.stores.jp/?category_id=6147fd168c1a5b4048b2532d

I had a felling you in particular would like the pneumatic one, no instructions yet, but coming soon. 

The train has instructions, I personally have been contemplating that build, but haven't yet. 

Edited by Jude The Lego Dude
I cant spell

IMG_7031b.thumb.jpg.4af5475ca35da94cb0f685febb42e7ae.jpg

I've been working on a copy of Akiyuki's mangle rack clock. I'm 90% there, but still have a few details to complete and some 'wrong' colours to swap. Otherwise it's looking good.

Is any one else working on this project?

Edited by esseland

Hi,

I am starting to collect parts for the Ball factory.  Having a hard time identifying this part.  Does anyone know the proper name in bricklink?

Name this part.jpg

Looks like a 8x16 tile.

Either with or without bottom tubes:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=90498

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48288

Don’t you use the instruction and parts inventory?

Did you also notice that there is also an updated version from @Berthil

Edited by tismabrick

Thanks for the Links

I've never used the parts inventory in BL - Not sure how that works.  I'll look for the Berthil Version.