Maybe not exactly a mini but in a world of the giants these machines usually are made in, it will be. I wanted to create something in a more modest size, medium sized mining excavator. Two functions are geared through the super structure, and the bucket is using just a simple lever. The cylinder on the super structure is linked to the actuator, just something i did to fill some empty space on the top of the super structure.

The original idea was to build the bucket and have one lever on each side - one for controlling the up/down and one for opening/closing the bucket, but that ship has sailed. The bucket was too difficult to build so i had to take a shortcut :sceptic:

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

This is simply a wonderful cute one!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I think at such a scale probably makes sense to have only one lever that moves at the same time the boom sections and bucket...a bit like those toys for kids!

But anyway this is a lovely moc!! Well done!

My brother took these pics (big thanks to him) so i can only post the pics that has been taken (i have no camera at the moment) but i will post the lxf file.

10.jpg

7.jpg

http://www.brickshel...g_excavator.lxf (tracks not added, and one gear couldnt be added either) and here it is taken down a bit in some sections http://www.brickshel...taken_apart.lxf

Edited by GoldVillage

Looks are so cool, one of the best lookin front shovel excavators that I have ever seen, nice work there indeed!

that's fabulous. I'd love to steal your idea and put it in the bucket of the RH400 from Sheo :classic:

Good work. Looks great. :thumbup: I suppose lack of camera means we won't be seeing a video of its functions? :(

Good work. Looks great. :thumbup: I suppose lack of camera means we won't be seeing a video of its functions? :(

Im afraid so, but theres not much to show... only two geared functions + a bucket lever. I think you are aware of the functions ;)

that's fabulous. I'd love to steal your idea and put it in the bucket of the RH400 from Sheo :classic:

Please do ;) let me know if your able to create some small/mid size openable bucket to fit :thumbup: I actually did some attempts, but the lever geometry when it is open or closed is all wrong, too hard to make.

Edited by GoldVillage

Too cool! My son would play with that for hours on end.

(I would operate it for hours on end. Yeah, operate it, that's what I'd do...)

Please do ;) let me know if your able to create some small/mid size openable bucket to fit :thumbup: I actually did some attempts, but the lever geometry when it is open or closed is all wrong, too hard to make.

I could have a play, but I think this whole model is small enough to fit inside the bucket of the big model. I'd like the two together as a david and goliath pair :)