brunojj1

[MOC] BMW M4 DTM 1:10 racecar with PF

I´m happy that our dear EB fellow Polofreak :thumbup: was willing to help me to create a LDD file that will available for free use for everybody. It will be a bit tough to use it as building instructions, but not impossible. I will add explanatory pictures for the build later. We plan to release the LDD file mid or end of next week. And thanks to Zero Bricks too for his assistance!

22k.png

Some parts as rim covers are missing, but all in all I´m quite satisfied with the result. We will check and eliminate as many errors as possible now to make the important partslist. For this purpose I have to disassemble the car next week to check the part counts. It´s good that it still doesn´t have many stickers :wink: . In between: these are in the making by a well known talented and (very busy) young Dutchman. He is very creative and professional on this field. You can explore some of his fantastic jobs at www.JaapTechnic.com

Tomorrow I´ll start the video production, unfortunately without stickers. After that disassemble the car to make a partslist.

Edited by brunojj1

If you have what against it if I professional's instructions would do from your LDD

Edited by Thorsten50

I´m happy that our dear EB fellow Polofreak :thumbup: was willing to help me to create a LDD file that will available for free use for everybody. It will be a bit tough to use it as building instructions, but not impossible. I will add explanatory pictures for the build later. We plan to release the LDD file mid or end of next week. And thanks to Zero Bricks too for his assistance!

Sounds great! I'd like to convert the file to LDraw and make some renders. At that point I can also put on the correct wheel covers.

If you have what against it if I professional's instructions would do from your LDD

Thank you very much for your offer! It can´t be said enough how valuable such kind of work is, especially if somebody does it for free! I wrote you a message on your website contact.

Sounds great! I'd like to convert the file to LDraw and make some renders. At that point I can also put on the correct wheel covers.

It is always a great pleasure to see the "polished" models on your renders, much apreciated! Maybe we should consider to replace the yellow hoses by some flex axles or ribbed hoses as suggested by Polo-freak.

I things its easier for all to build the car.

http://pixelts.de.tl/Kontakt.htm

It's not allowed to use Eurobricks as a means to promote your website. You can put a link to your website/blog in your signature, but stop promoting your website in every post.

Time for some updates on the progress. Video is here (forgive me the poor quality, but I´m not good at it):

http://www.brickshel...wm4dtmsmall.mp4

LDD is also available now at my brickshelf. As said already, some parts as rim covers or servo motor are missing or have been replaced e.g. the front and back light attachments can not be reproduced like this. If somebody wants to have a provisionnal parts list, it can be done somehow, please don´t ask me. Next week we will have a better corresponding parts list then.

Thorsten does a really great job on the instructions (Jim forgive me for advertising him here again :tongue: )

wip_instructions.png

If somebody wants to build it with pneumatic tubes, I won´t recommend any specific sellers because they are plenty out there on ebay. Here are the exact lengths I have measured:

22g.jpg

Have fun!

Edited by brunojj1

Thank you for video! A lot of MOCs look good on photos but the proportions from other angles look not so good. But that's not the case of your BMW. It looks perfect from any angle. Very good work!

Thanx for LXF!

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

It would be very hard to try to resist building this fantastic MOC given an LDraw file :classic: Can't wait!

So shiny, so chrome! :wub: :wub: :wub:

In the second half of video (faster gear setting?), it sounds to me as if XL motors are not rotating at their max rpm. Because of the battery?

Be welcome and stay for a while :excited: ! I will wait patiently till that day when you will bring out a supercar again!

The faster gear setting shows clearly the limits of the PF system, you exactly hit the point. There are 2 x V2 receivers feeding 2 XL motors each. The batteries are the problem, then the so called PTC thermistance engages after a minute, the whole car even stops. Maybe with brandnew full loaded batteries you could get the max out of it. And by reducing half of the weight of the car which is impossible. The slower configuration runs very smoothly and I conclude that the optimum would be somewhere between both options. For that purpose I experimented by replacing the differential (20/28) by knob wheels (1/1) which didn´t make a remarkable speed difference, especially the turns are slower then logically.

Conclusion: nobody needs to have 4 XL motors to move a 2kg car, 2 of them are enough for some short indoor ride!

Today I finally managed to put the stickers on the car. Jaap Technic made a great precision job, thanks to him.

002.jpg

003.jpg

009.jpg

Thanks for the compliments about my work :wink:

The custom sticker sheet I made really did the final touch! It looks awesome.

Even the silver M Power is almost just as shiny as the rims, way better compared to the old one :thumbup:

And thanks for putting the "JaapTechnic" sticker on the rear window :laugh:

Enjoy!

So, I just couldn't resist trying to build this awesome MOC from the LXF file. Here's my progress so far while I wait for some parts. Eventually, I think it would be nice to make this in BMW blue and white colors.

800x600.jpg

I've only got one spare XL motor in it at the moment but after a short test drive, this thing is fast! It's also huge and feels almost like a real RC car.

Some lessons learned...

1. Exporting LXF -> LDRAW is useless.

2. Brunojj1 has done an awesome job with this MOC!

Great looks and a great outlet for the yellow parts - not construction equipment :)

Just saw the stickers - wonderful job Bruno!

Edited by pgplay

What an awesome creation. I rarely saw a MOC that close to the original. Like most of the others here i will wait patiently for the instructions!