Rick

10251 Brick Bank

Interesting set. I think it looks great and has some great playability, but it's too cramped, and that you have to remove the washing machine module to access the secret door is a bit annoying.

Jang's reviews are usually very helpful. I was pleasantly surprised to see it so soon. This set is a definite purchase for me, probably around the next double VIP points event.

There will soon be a review, i guess... so that will help you make your decisions on the BrickBank... For me it is clear already.. i don;t need a designervideo for that...;-) I'm actually wondering what the extra worth is of a designer video... is it the story behind the set or just seeing how the set is made and what its functions are? We've got pretty good pictures from the BrickBank.. that is more than enough for me..

I don't need it to make up mind. I like seeing the designer video to know the story behind the set and just see it already built.

I don't need it to make up mind. I like seeing the designer video to know the story behind the set and just see it already built.

That was a nice review. It was finally good to see it built. I also agree with 8BrickMario, it does look a bit too cramped. It's still a good set though.

I watched just a small part of JangBricks' video, just to be sure that the main building was really white, and not tan.. I was 99% sure that is was white.. but you never know... ! Nice review with clear and constructive commentary!!

I'm not a very big fan of tan, and we already had a few buildings in that color, so white for a change is fine to me :)

Just picked up the BB today! Spotted one on the shelf at one of the stores near my parent's house in NY. I just finished disassembling and packing all my other modulars to be shipped back to Illinois, so I plan to rebuild them all in order they were released over the next few weeks.

Just picked up the BB today! Spotted one on the shelf at one of the stores near my parent's house in NY. I just finished disassembling and packing all my other modulars to be shipped back to Illinois, so I plan to rebuild them all in order they were released over the next few weeks.

You already found it today? It's not supposed to be released until January 1st.

Looks like someone broke street date.

You already found it today? It's not supposed to be released until January 1st.

Looks like someone broke street date.

I asked my local Lego store and they said it was a hard launch for the 1st and they wouldn't have them out before. I was disappointed as both the DO and Slave 1 were on shelves a few days early last year. Lucky you!

White looks much better IMO. Especially fot variation.

Yeah, i like the white also... there is already a lot of tan in my layout and modulars... so white was welcome!

I much prefer white to tan. It reminds me of Portland Stone which has been used for centuries in the UK for buildings.

..6 more nights to go before ordering my sets.. There will be a limit probably of one set per customer... but i really need two of them.....

..6 more nights to go before ordering my sets.. There will be a limit probably of one set per customer... but i really need two of them.....

then have a friend, family member or anyone else buy one for you. :P

I think the price here in the Netherlands is way to high. to bad :(

Usually I've only seen the 1 set per customer come into effect for sets that getting to be really hard to find, like the Death Star (before it sold out). Normally I've seen a limit of 2 for most Hard to Find sets.

But then I've never purchased a set on opening day before, so maybe it's different in regards to that.

then have a friend, family member or anyone else buy one for you. :P

I think the price here in the Netherlands is way to high. to bad :(

Yes, i did that last year.. first i made two orders with the same account..but one order was cancelled.. after that i mad an extra account with my parents adress as delivery-adress....that worked out fine! And indeed.. i've got the feeling i'm paying 40 euro's too much for these two sets...and why? Holland is small, so logistics is cheap......

Will there be a polybag giveaway at S@H that coincides with the release and design of this set, like the Flower Cart previously?

Yes, it should be polybag 40221, the one with the statue, dog and bright light orange (not yellow) bike. Not sure if it's 100% confirmed, but pretty sure its the one.

Will there be a polybag giveaway at S@H that coincides with the release and design of this set, like the Flower Cart previously?

Yes, it should be polybag 40221, the one with the statue, dog and bright light orange (not yellow) bike. Not sure if it's 100% confirmed, but pretty sure its the one.

That's what was theorized, but no one ever had any confirmation. I actually just posted the other day in the seasonal thread asking about this set (40221), but got no replies. Anyone here know anything more concrete?

That's what was theorized, but no one ever had any confirmation. I actually just posted the other day in the seasonal thread asking about this set (40221), but got no replies. Anyone here know anything more concrete?

For us Dutch people (paying 20 euros per set too much) we should get a bunch of those 40221 sets.. i could easily sell them for 10-15 euros i guess...to make up the difference in price setting....

I just recently got the LEGO January 2016 catalog and saw all the Brick Bank along with all the other modulars still available. The Pet Shop, The Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant & Detectives office. I also notice the 10 dollar increase for every 2 modulars from PS/PC to PR/DO & now BB. *sighs* It's a bit disappointing, but I'll just have to save up.

Took us about 6-months, but we're caught up from the dark ages; another week and we'll be able to fill in the gap in our setup!

main.thumb.png.3c11d4680c14546fe410b29fce2c84a0.png

Just got the January catalog in the mail today. The January offer is a free Nexo Knights intro pack with any purchase. :hmpf_bad: I see nothing about a polybag that will go along with the BB