Rick

10251 Brick Bank

I think this is a step up from the Detective's Office (which I don't like), but I won't buy it. Saving my money for Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant.

Clever, they used the silver bar pieces from Lone Ranger sets for the front wall. Funnier if they'd have kept the silver colour too. I do like the money laundry idea. :classic:

So do you think it is a Jamie set? It reminds me a lot of Town Hall, so maybe Astrid? I hope it is Jamie though. M

I think it's fantastic! (and i was underwhelmed by the DO), Very clever build techniques, great parts and colors! :classic: Yes, not as big as they used to be, but it's way more detailed, something I can live with.

Play features don't get in the way too much, and the colors are especially great.. I don't understand people who complain about sand green window frames, that's the best thing ever. Ever heard of Art-Deco?

Not a bad set. It has some very nice details and a good colour scheme. But it's not among their best modulars. Far better than the last one, though.

http://i.imgur.com/AFF6wDV.jpg

Looks like there isn't even a full wall between the bank and laundromat....

I hate when they do that...

If they did a full height wall, a normal sized adult hand wouldn't fit in the laundymat. I think it's an excellent design choice. The building itself looks fantastic and really full of life. I can easily picture it in a busy street. Should be easy to add a third floor for those who wants that too. But I am perfectly happy with the size.

I will buy probably 3 of these, just to make it wider and taller... i love the use of colors and detail. It will be a great pleasure to build them and MOD it! Thank you TLG! You have one more happy AFOL!

If they did a full height wall, a normal sized adult hand wouldn't fit in the laundymat. I think it's an excellent design choice. The building itself looks fantastic and really full of life. I can easily picture it in a busy street. Should be easy to add a third floor for those who wants that too. But I am perfectly happy with the size.

Bjorn, i think the same about the lower wall, but one can always make it higher...so it is no problem at all!

I think it's fantastic! (and i was underwhelmed by the DO), Very clever build techniques, great parts and colors! :classic: Yes, not as big as they used to be, but it's way more detailed, something I can live with.

Play features don't get in the way too much, and the colors are especially great.. I don't understand people who complain about sand green window frames, that's the best thing ever. Ever heard of Art-Deco?

Art Deco? Looks more like neoclassical style to me. The only little touches of Art Deco are the bottom floor stain glasses and the elves fences on the bacony. But the architecture looks pretty neoclassical. Edited by Gongoro73

I love the bank, but I'm not sure if I like that portrait on the wall of the manager's office. The face is not a classic smiley face, but a detailed, City-style one, which goes against the modular aesthetic (and the hilarious wanted poster from the DO).

I like it, but it looks small.

Are the sand green rounded windows new parts?

And like LegoSjaak says i think if you buy two you can make a nice big bank building.

Edited by Dennan

While this set isn't as grand as I had hoped, I love it! The details, building techniques, and NPUs are creative as ever (ingot pillars!), and the story built in seems fun and lends itself perfectly to the SH universe. I love the robbery vent, and that one of the washing machines seems to connect to it...(love the "money laundering" pun, too!)

The figures are also pretty nice, although I didn't realize that the blonde was a woman until I saw her torso! I approve of the hairpieces. Some of the best we've seen in a Modular. The "junior official" torso looks nice.

Overall, this set looks to be a lot of fun, and certainly the most creative and "I-want-to-build-that" in nature.

What a fantasic Modular Building. I like the colours, the windows are fantastic. And the details inside: The laundry is great - what a context. :grin:

If you like: I put the official images in one video.

Watching it closely, I think that the black Elves fence doesn't work at all. It seems so out of place, both colour and design. I like this better, much cleaner:

10251_Front_01%20copia.jpg

Art Deco? Looks more like neoclassical style to me. The only little touches of Art Deco are the bottom floor stain glasses and the elves fences on the bacony. But the architecture looks pretty neoclassical.

No, the building style isn't even remotely art-deco, I was just referring to the color of the window frames. Sand green or oxidized copper was commonly used in Art-Deco and Art-Noveau, which is why these are so fantastic for MOC's Though they work pretty good here too.

Edited by Sven F

Wow, what a surprise! It may not look as magnificent as other corner buildings, it adds good variety to this line. So no BlackWidow's hairpiece is now generic?

Well, to me, abit dissapointing that it doesn't have three-floor height or make the second floor abit higher, so it's relatively more expensive... :/

No, the building style isn't art-deco, I was just refering to the color of the window frames. Sand green or oxidized copper was commonly used in Art-Deco, which is why these are so fantastic.

Oh, OK, you're right. Very common colour on Art Deco, indeed.

I quite like the overall appearance, I want to rebuild my old modular bank in a much larger scale as I thought my ideas would take up alot more space, well done for TLG for fitting all that is necessary into such a small space. I'm particularly happy with the sand green windows which will come in very handy for me. Once I saw that arch piece in tan on the Friends hotel I thought it was inevitable it would be used in a modular. A couple of new hairpieces always pleases me!

I don't have any issue with the 'money laundering' story idea. As there is enough detail on the ground floor and roofline to humor me.

Watching it closely, I think that the black Elves fence doesn't work at all. It seems so out of place, both colour and design. I like this better, much cleaner:

10251_Front_01%20copia.jpg

that indeed looks even better than the original...!

Clever, they used the silver bar pieces from Lone Ranger sets for the front wall. Funnier if they'd have kept the silver colour too. I do like the money laundry idea. :classic:

Actually it is POtC gold bar - it appeared there two years before the LR silver version.