Paperballpark

[MOC] Manchester Brickadilly Station

As most of you won't have had chance to visit the Great Western Brick Show at Swindon (UK) last weekend, I thought I'd show you a few photos of the station MoC which I displayed there.

21831994500_802ddab1fd_c.jpg

22007880772_731350aa5e_c.jpg

21398285183_8afcae1541_c.jpg

More photos (as well as photos of other models at the show) are on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/97154687@N02/

Oh and there's photos on there of it being assembled too. :classic:

Wow. I really really like this. It is super. Can you say how many windows are in the canopy? Just curious :classic:

There's guys (like myself) who build things off the cuff, tinkering as we go, using the bricks we have readily available. We're amatuers.

Then the there's guys, like many around these parts, who use LLD and spend intensive time planning and bricklink it to life. Sometimes its a beautifully sleek design, sometimes it's innovative technique, and occassionally it's both. They're "master builders".

And then, Sir, there is you. A league of your own. I can't even think of an adjective that is worthy of this impressive build.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all your kind words :classic:

I've been planning this for well over a year, and have been building it (on and off) for most of this year. Last weekend was the first time that I actually fully built the whole thing (it's too large to really build in my house).

Wow. I really really like this. It is super. Can you say how many windows are in the canopy? Just curious :classic:

They're the 1x2x2 clear panels. A lot of people asked this over the weekend. I generally responded by asking them to guess. Most said a number between 2000 and 5000.

After they guessed, I told them.

11,500 panels.

(The actual total is 11,520)

That Flying Scotsman is beautiful! Definitely gonna have to have a go making my own (or possibly Tornado).

One question: why is Batman on the platform behind the Flying Scotsman?

^^ There's a topic I started a while back for the Flying Scotsman: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102742#entry2061857

Regarding Batman, there are a few things like that on there, because kids love to be able to spot figures like that. Strangely, most of them seem to get more excited about spotting a minifig like that than they do about the station.

I also have the Joker in there, as well as Abraham Lincoln, R2D2 and C3PO. Oh, and a skeleton sat on a bench! :classic:

They all just add little details to it, which are nice for people to spot.

That is really impressive!

And 11.500 panels.. most have taken some time to put together.. ;-)

I love the size - it makes it possible to actually have a large HE there, or something else with wagons. Next step is a huge layout with tracks... LEGO World in CPH in febuary? ;-)

Holy moly!!! That's a seriously large commitment in time, money and bricks. If there's over 11500 panels in the roof I shudder to think how many parts there are in total (and the cost). Congratulations on construction of such a brilliant MOC.

I reckon that in the station alone (so not counting the minifigs, trains, track or greenery), there's about 50,000 pieces. That might be less than people were thinking.

This is the most beautiful way to get rid of access round curved track that i have ever seen :laugh:! Great building..i would love to have it in my layout.....!!!

So you're Paperballpark! Nice to have met you. As I told you in Swindon, this thing is very impressive - I bet it was popular with the crowds!

:wub: Fantastic train station! I really love the roof, and that train looks great as well. Lots of neat details packed in here too! Great work!