Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

IF there are not tracks available in the set itself -- how difficult is it to get rail outside? I figure a Winter Train is for two purposes -- 1) Run under the tree or 2) Run around the WInter Village. For both purposes, one needs track. Not necesssarily Power FUnctions -- its perfectly fine for kids to have to power those trains themselves. But they do need track to run on.

I don't think the train will have power functions but i think it will have a loop. They will put the money into the build, that way supplying a better overall looking product and also enabling the upselling (would you like fry with that) of the PF set as well.

I don't mind having a train, but I was expecting a new building. Two years in a row without new buildings for the village is too much.

I've been waiting a mightily long time for this winter train. Now if Lego ever goes back to making a monorail again, I would faint :).

Edited by legobear

I don't mind having a train, but I was expecting a new building. Two years in a row without new buildings for the village is too much.

I agree, but a train still better than a remake of an existing set, in my opinion.

I would love to get a winter train. Anything to expand the winter village.

I already own all the WV sets, so personally, I'm not waiting for another remake.

Edited by Withacee

The train looks like a remake of the original train only smaller, no passanger waggon, way smaller. So I can skip it this year.

So... can we speculate now what the 2017 set will be?

I *heard* its a candy shop. :wacko:

Sounds sweet. Maybe it will be gingerbread house?

Is there a source for the picture? I just Googled "LEGO Winter Train 10254" and it came up. I don't remember the 2006 one, so with no nostalgia goggles, I think it looks very pretty! Hope it's not too expensive.

Ehh, not the biggest fan of it. It looks like it's remakes for the next winter sets from now on. I mean the only good thing about the set is the Marilyn Monroe hair piece in Brown and that brick built robot. A little more minifigures could have helped as well.

The train looks like a remake of the original train only smaller, no passanger waggon, way smaller. So I can skip it this year.

Maybe a train station to go with the train?

So it does come with tracks ... and a lot of MOCing potential. I'll say it's nice, but certainly no substitute for the original train.

Edited by Brick Dangerous

Ehh, not the biggest fan of it. It looks like it's remakes for the next winter sets from now on. I mean the only good thing about the set is the Marilyn Monroe hair piece in Brown and that brick built robot. A little more minifigures could have helped as well.

Isn't the hairpiece the same that already appeared in Emma's House and Heartlake Grand Hotel?

Anyway, I like the train design enough to buy the set.

That thread has been taken down by the mods, but there's a reddit thread with pictures - just google reddit and the set name

Personally, I'm pretty underwhelmed by it. Was (probably unrealistically) expecting something like the last train or the Emerald Knight/Hogwarts train

I'll reserve final judgement until I've seen it built but it doesn't really look like it has much potential for powering it or extending it (which is what I would want to do)

I find the new train to be quite attractive and should make a great addition to most winter villages. I can see that if you own the old holiday train you might be disappointed but a large portion of winter village enthusiasts didn't start their collections until 2009 when the holiday train was long gone. I also don't think it looks that much like holiday train. Some similarities will exist and should be obvious but the trains have some pretty big differences in palette and feel. If I have any complaint its that I wish they used darker reds and greens to tie in better with some of the WV buildings. I'm also hoping that the two smaller collector sets will be train themed. That might be a way to introduce a train platform and ticket booth.

I like the new train, looks very christmassy and I think it'll be a great addition to my North Pole/Winter Village set this year. Although I'm curious to see the actual size of it in person because it looks quite small on the box.

I was hoping for another building (a new one, but no reason why they couldn't re-release an old one alongside!), but my OCD will make me buy this. I wonder if at least one of the smaller sets will be another carriage, because trains are perfect for extending, and like others have said - it looks a bit short. I'd love a passenger carriage but suspect something similar to the Christmas tree carriage on the original would be closer to the right piece count? That and a platform of some kind would be great.

I also notice another bench - Winter Village minifigs must be so unfit - needing somewhere to sit down every 10m! :D

Edited by BenA

Last time it was revealed on 18.08.2015, the year before around 09.08.

So I assume it will be around that date this year too. Within 10 days maybe.

If you're surfing all day long, you can make http://cache.lego.co...GO/10254?$leaf$ as your browsers startpage.

If it changes from the little people to a chooo chooo you can check lego.com for the release.

Just like it did last year with this... http://cache.lego.co...GO/10249?$leaf$

Edited by finish-last

TLG has told us to expect official press release soon.

I was hoping for another building (a new one, but no reason why they couldn't re-release an old one alongside!), but my OCD will make me buy this. I wonder if at least one of the smaller sets will be another carriage, because trains are perfect for extending, and like others have said - it looks a bit short. I'd love a passenger carriage but suspect something similar to the Christmas tree carriage on the original would be closer to the right piece count? That and a platform of some kind would be great.

I also notice another bench - Winter Village minifigs must be so unfit - needing somewhere to sit down every 10m! :D

I, too, am hoping for a passenger something or other. If not we may have to try to make something. Need somewhere for all our minifigs to travel!

Or maybe the tree flat car will become a "float" for them to stand.

The red car at the end could pass for a small passenger car. Cabooses tend to have higher cupola windows. The roof of the red car has small windows which are similar to the small roof windows of old passenger cars that provide sun lighting. Also 3 tall window panels on the side is not very caboose-like, at least for North American cabooses.

Last time it was revealed on 18.08.2015, the year before around 09.08.

So I assume it will be around that date this year too. Within 10 days maybe.

If you're surfing all day long, you can make http://cache.lego.co...GO/10254?$leaf$ as your browsers startpage.

If it changes from the little people to a chooo chooo you can check lego.com for the release.

Just like it did last year with this... http://cache.lego.co...GO/10249?$leaf$

Thanks, gonna remember that cache advice for other sets as well ;-)