Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

If the B-Wing isn't the exclusive revealed today at Brick Fiesta, then I think it will be the new Winter Village set! :sweet:

Well, TLG's already run out of ideas for the line. I mean c'mon, a carnival, really! What are some obvious ideas they're missing? I'd say a giant snow hill with spots for snow tubing, skiing, and snowboarding. At the bottom of the hill would be a rental place and maybe a small hot chocolate shop. That would also be a wonderful treat for those of us looking for white slopes and bricks, which would be used to construct the hill. What are some other good ideas for the line?

'Already run out of ideas'? Really? I guess you must never have seen European Christmas Markets then? A Market is the perfect thing for the range, so they clearly haven't run out of ideas. Next year's set is probably already planned and mostly designed by now.

How about- a white witch on a sleigh with reindeer and a dwarf, with an English schoolboy eating Turkish delight and...

Oops that's Narnia... :grin: Heh, heh ... ...

I really can't think of anything, most the obvious ones have gone- maybe we will start getting obscure sets..?

Edited by Mutant Orc

I'd love to see a full-fledged Christmas Tree Farm. The little stand that's out as a bonus set right now is cute, but stands aren't the full extent of things. I don't know how widespread they are, but in my area there's a number of Christmas Tree Farms that grow pine trees in huge rural lots, and generally have little barns as gift shops. Some have petting zoos, too.

The way I see it, there'd be a small, red, barn-styled building about the size of the Bakery, with some gift-shoppy things and snacks inside, maybe a porch with a rocking chair on the front. The gift shop could have cookies, hot chocolate, and lots of Christmas ornaments for sale. The ornaments could then be taken out and put on the trees.

Then there's four rows of pine trees on brown plates, with some cheese-slope snow for decoration The first row is some that are quite tiny, maybe using this piece upside down the way a lot of MOCcers do. The next row is maybe four small pine trees, the row after that four big pine trees, and then finally three brick-built trees that are even larger. The rows can all be put right next to each other modularly or spread out separately. The brick-built trees could have some play features built in; for example, a pull-out peg to 'chop' them down, and maybe tiers of branches assembled using this piece so that they can be 'swept up' and stored in nets.

Speaking of which, the remaining accessories would be a table with nets designed for packaging big trees for transport home (like this thing, for those unfamiliar), one of those tree-shaking devices designed to get out spare needles, and a family station wagon for transporting the tree home. If there's enough pieces left over there could even be a small petting zoo with some rabbits and goats. The minifigures would be the kindly old owner of the farm, her helpful son, and a typical nuclear family of four to buy the tree. The price would probably be around $75.

Know what? I'm gonna go try to design this now. I talked myself into wanting one.

Edited by Tereglith

What are some other good ideas for the line?

I've merged your topic with a similar thread.

I have also edited the topic title.

From now on, this thread can be used for rumours and general discussion about the Winter Village line. When a new set is officially announced by LEGO, a separate discussion topic will be created.

'Already run out of ideas'? Really? I guess you must never have seen European Christmas Markets then? A Market is the perfect thing for the range, so they clearly haven't run out of ideas. Next year's set is probably already planned and mostly designed by now.

Christmas markets are very popular and a great addition to the winter village line up.

http://en.wikipedia....hristmas_market

Not sure how well it would fit into the village, but I have been patiently waiting for Santa's Workshop. I would prefer that it was done in the same doll house style as the Haunted House, but realize that would probably throw the scale off compared to the other buildings. For now, the WV Cottage *is* Santa's house in my display.

A Winter Village Butcher would be cool too. It would need a large window with a Christmas goose on display.

And the next Winter Village set is...

:oh:

LEGO 10245 - Workshop Santa

This year, a special set will be added. Erik the Elf has spilled the beans and told Emma about the Workshop. Help Santa Claus in his workshop (10245)

"Every year it is a chore for us elves to get off all the presents and deliver. Please come help us make the presents. ""How can children help then?" Asked Emma.

"Enter the reindeer and help Santa with his sleigh load." Reply Erik eleven.

The Mrs. Claus bake cookies and you can view the clock or the year the presents on time. The best time of the year there will definitely again. The new set will be less than 6 minifigures count. Santa, Christmas wife and four elves (with pointy ears). To get in the mood, you can order the keychain Santa (LEGO 850150).

Edited by just2good

I would take the rumours with a pinch of salt.......I'll wait until Lego does the press release for the next winter set (likewise for the modular.....which isn't a modular ?)

Thank you very much for this information, just2good! :classic:

Nevertheless I hope that this information is wrong! The winter sets so far have been sets you can add to a winter village everywhere around the world. I personally would really dislike it if the Winter theme gets that an anglo-american touch with a Santa workshop. :thumbdown:

There are that many winter sets which TLC hasn't released so far (candy shop, piste, general store, train station, winter train - only to mention some), so there is really no need for that a set!

I just can't wait! This might actually be my first winter village set! :sweet:

Complete opposite here!

If the house doesn't look nice from the exterior and doesn't include a nice and decent interior, this will - because or the reasons mentioned above - be the first Winter set I won't buy.

Klaus-Dieter

(...) There are that many winter sets which TLC hasn't released so far (candy shop, piste, general store, train station, winter train - only to mention some) (...)

Hi,

in 2006 there was already a winter train ...

Greetings

ThomaS

10173-1.jpg

Well I would really love to see a Santa's Workshop, I feel it is something that LEGO have missed out on making in the past. How many pieces do you guys think will be included in this set though? I would think it would have to be the biggest winter set by quite a lot.

Edited by Legoman123

Until TLG makes a press release for this year's Winter Village set, this can go in the general discussion thread for the Winter Village sets.

Merged.

That's fine, it is a rumour so this thread will be better!

How long do WInter Village sets usually hang around? 1 yr or 2? Am I safe waiting until closer to Christmas to buy the Market?

How long do WInter Village sets usually hang around? 1 yr or 2? Am I safe waiting until closer to Christmas to buy the Market?

Honestly? It seems real unpredictable. I think they only do one main production run of each, for the specific year they release, and when they sell out they sell out. Some lasted almost 3 years. But the Winter Village Cottage was sold out mid Christmas the year after it was released. I would not count on the Market lasting too long.

Awesome looking set, this will be a day 1 purchase for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing the interior as well. :grin: