Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

It is a bit off topic, but I was curious how a toy bucket wheel excavator might look like and I found the following two examples I would like to share:

It is probably going to look exactly like this:

800x600.jpg

I hope not. I don't think they will produce a bucket wheel excavator. This won't sell for kids because it is not playebel.

I hope not. I don't think they will produce a bucket wheel excavator. This won't sell for kids because it is not playable.

I think it's playable enought for kids. Moving excavator arm and wheel, and maybe (like in 42042) moving tracks and turntable.

A normal excavator is seen daily in real life. A bucket wheel excavator is not so they don't know what to do with it. Of course they can play with it but they cal use less there imagination.

I am sure that if the bucket wheel excavator is actually on the list, TLG did its research and didn't put it there for no reason...

It doesn't seem so far fetched to me that they would release one. It's a pretty mean looking machine.

industrial-gear-unit-bucket-wheel-excavators-1_800x450.jpg

And besides, why not release something based on something that is not as well known as an excavator when they have released things in the past that aren't based on anything at all.

Edited by allanp

Fellas, don't get carried away. There is still a big possibility the updated list was someone's wishlist not actual list from any reliable source...

I saw the original leak then one in german amazon. Those seemed genuine. But the last 4-5 seem bit ... unlikely. That's all.

When do people expect official word from Lego with pictures?

Fellas, don't get carried away. There is still a big possibility the updated list was someone's wishlist not actual list from any reliable source...

I saw the original leak then one in german amazon. Those seemed genuine. But the last 4-5 seem bit ... unlikely. That's all.

When do people expect official word from Lego with pictures?

It is, it is literally directly from LEGO :wink:

So...Also another set lists from other themes f sounds very realistic, but only technic probably have second half.If this not will be true, then it will be biggest technic trolling ever.Lets wait and see...

Ok, I guess I just have become too sceptical from other forums.... Still would be nice to see the box covers. The Amazon.de had december 19 as release date if I remember correctly. That is 4 months away. How early would Lego start the marketing for new sets before release? Also have they released new sets for the Christmas market in the past?

I think I know what the supercar is gonna be :)

And if it's true, you can start getting excited now!

@jensbrix: How convenient for you :wacko: You know, but you can't tell? You know but won't tell? Or did you just have a revelation from above? It really makes me wonder... Such info as you provided serves no one, it is like my wife would've told me, she might knew what she'll cook today for dinner, so I'd better get excited... Thanks for the info :thumbup:

I think I know what the supercar is gonna be :)

And if it's true, you can start getting excited now!

Its RC?Tell please everybody what you know... :wink:

@jensbrix: How convenient for you :wacko: You know, but you can't tell? You know but won't tell? Or did you just have a revelation from above? It really makes me wonder... Such info as you provided serves no one, it is like my wife would've told me, she might knew what she'll cook today for dinner, so I'd better get excited... Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Im sorry that my post seemed to make you angry, which was not my intent. But since I briefly saw the model in an early design phase, I can't be sure about any details. And giving any false info here would be my least interest.

And for the record, when my girlfriend says I should be excited for dinner it usually makes me glad :)

Its RC?Tell please everybody what you know... :wink:

As I said, I only briefly saw a model, and there have obviously been many changes since then. But it was around 1:8 scale, and seemed to have some sorts of power functions

Edited by jensbrix

I wouldn't press anyone for confidential information. If someone wants to share in private I'm all ears :grin: but seriously now, do not post confidential information in the forums. The last person to share a picture was instantly banned from this site, and it could also be illegal to share them publicly.

This gonna be heavy :blush: .Can wait for supercar, oh wait ultimate car...

@jensbrix: I apologize man, I really was overreacting. What you said later is far better info, but you better listen to allanp.

Oh and about that dinner: Wait until your girlfriend becomes your wife :-P (just playin')

Edited by MajklSpajkl

@jensbrix: I apologize man, I really was overreacting. What you said later is far better info, but you better listen to allanp.

Oh and about that dinner: Wait until your girlfriend becomes your wife :-P (just playin')

All cool man :)

Yea, i will think twice next time I post!

I really hope that if it is a flagship supercar we get a street car. It seems like Mercedes is very open to having their lineup modeled in LEGO, so perhaps the new AMG GT. I'm not even sure where the Ferrari license stands and as much as I'd love a 1:8 LaFerrari I don't see that happening because the licensing fees alone would probably push the price close to $300.

Ultimate IP car. The Ultimate Driving Machine? The BMW i8?

My vision is RC convertible.One XL motor for driving, one servo for steering, one medium for gearbox that shift beetween opening doors, hood and roof powered with large motor.

Is my vision blasphemy?

... only briefly saw a model, and there have obviously been many changes since then. But it was around 1:8 scale, and seemed to have some sorts of power functions

That does sound exciting, thanks for the info.

My vision is RC convertible.One XL motor for driving, one servo for steering, one medium for gearbox that shift beetween opening doors, hood and roof powered with large motor.

Is my vision blasphemy?

Yup! :grin:

My ideal would be new PF buggy motor x2 for drive, servo for steering, servo for changing gearbox speed using new sizes of clutch gear, new diffs like the larger one I posted and new 8880 style CV joint, low friction, low wobble wheel mounts.

Edited by allanp

I don't won't car flagships.....there so boring unless Lego actually incorporate some advanced functionality,a moving engine just does not cut it with me,or does a gearbox a six speed gearbox.

My ideal would be new PF buggy motor x2 for drive, servo for steering, servo for changing gearbox speed using new sizes of clutch gear, new diffs like the larger one I posted and new 8880 style CV joint, low friction, low wobble wheel mounts.

Well Lego have have just redesigned the 16 tooth clutch-gear along with the other new gearbox elements,I do not they are going to make new wheel mounts,or a pf buggy motor. :wink:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Is my vision blasphemy?

That is what I would buy :)

Very curious if that "Ultimate" refers to the car the model is based on or the functionality. I'd prefer new lighter studless rechargable battery box and RC motor over gearbox driven functions myself...

Edited by LegoCube