Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

What I have seen so far can't interest me.

I am waiting on the Volvo excavator and Claas Xerion

there a joint on top the truck, then the elbow in the arm.

There is a long axel in the picture, I think driven by universal joint. The other end of the axle has worm gear between the 2 red pieces which probably couples with a small gear to lift the arm.

So, exciting things for 2016H1 are:

New panels

Old panels in new colors

Tumbler tires

7L flex axles

I'm a bit disappointed with helicopter, since it is white again. Could have been blue, since we are missing quite a lot of common parts in this color.

There is a long axel in the picture, I think driven by universal joint. The other end of the axle has worm gear between the 2 red pieces which probably couples with a small gear to lift the arm.

I didn't even think about a universal joint, smart.

Where are the new panels?

He's probably just talking about Panels in New colors, from looking at the preliminary images, there's no new panels I could notice.

There is what looks to be a new panel, the seat of the airport fire truck, and the two side wings on the hydroplane racer.

Edited by andrewganschow

I want to get excited about 2016 Technic, but the first half is just such a disappointment from the prelim pics

+0.5. I'm not disappointed, but the three big sets are all 'meh' or 'blah'. The small sets all look great imho. Maybe it's just self-deception I'm pulling...small sets are much cheaper :classic:

Edited by andythenorth

Would these be all the new sets to be released early next year?

What about the bucket excavator, the Volvo set and Claas Xerion set and the IP car?

Would these be all the new sets to be released early next year?

What about the bucket excavator, the Volvo set and Claas Xerion set and the IP car?

The Volvo, Class, IP car, and Bucket Wheel Excavator, if released like past sets, will be released in August/September of 2016

The Volvo, Class, IP car, and Bucket Wheel Excavator, if released like past sets, will be released in August/September of 2016

Dang! Oh well, more time to save up some money. And I still have to get the Volvo L350F.

Didn't someone mention that it had pistons in a new color.?

My mistake here, on the photos I've seen the dragster seemed more on the greener side, not light blue. So did the pistons... Unfortunately they obviously remain boring yellow...

I am also a bit dissapointed with the front of the dragster...

The heli seems ok, not yet sure if I'll get one...

Edited by MajklSpajkl

My mistake here, on the photos I've seen the dragster seemed more on the greener side, not light blue. So did the pistons... Unfortunately they obviously remain boring yellow...

Well, thanks for clearing it out.

I guess it was just too good to be true.

I like that there are 7 H1 to choose from. I like the girth of the helicopter, particularly in the rear boom. It looks pretty good. I am pleased with how the stunt plane turned out, and the dragster will make a great part set. The speed boat is great, and the fire truck looks pretty good as well.

I'm pleased.

+0.5. I'm not disappointed, but the three big sets are all 'meh' or 'blah'. The small sets all look great imho. Maybe it's just self-deception I'm pulling...small sets are much cheaper :classic:

Im in the same boat, the Go-kart looks decent, but anything above that.. and im actually clammoring for a kick-megablocks big set (not much of a helicopter fan when it comes to lego, especially considering we get a Ka-32 cargo style rather then a Ka-50/52)

I was kind of excited for the dragster, considering id like a mid-size car chassis for modding, but this looks really meh, might just get 42041 instead for the B-model instead.

Not too excited about the tumbler tires either, the wheels are standard racing fare, and the tires used in 42000 and 42039 fit better with my racing prefs

So ive got my hopes fixated on the ultimate IP car, otherwise ill probably spend most my Lego money on Star wars next year

EDIT: did some digging, the hoopla about the tumbler tires is about the front tires, not the back, and those front ones look NICE, wouldnt mind those getting cheap on bricklink, might have to pick up four for a car-mod

Edited by vectormatic

Im in the same boat, the Go-kart looks decent, but anything above that.. and im actually clammoring for a kick-megablocks big set (not much of a helicopter fan when it comes to lego, especially considering we get a Ka-32 cargo style rather then a Ka-50/52)

I was kind of excited for the dragster, considering id like a mid-size car chassis for modding, but this looks really meh, might just get 42041 instead for the B-model instead.

Not too excited about the tumbler tires either, the wheels are standard racing fare, and the tires used in 42000 and 42039 fit better with my racing prefs

So ive got my hopes fixated on the ultimate IP car, otherwise ill probably spend most my Lego money on Star wars next year

EDIT: did some digging, the hoopla about the tumbler tires is about the front tires, not the back, and those front ones look NICE, wouldnt mind those getting cheap on bricklink, might have to pick up four for a car-mod

I guess not, the Tumbler tires are the ones in the back. According to what I copied in post #968 the front tires are the ones of 42024. If that is right and u like them, 42024 has 6 of them.

Dang! Oh well, more time to save up some money. And I still have to get the Volvo L350F.

i know exactly how you feel, im gonna ask for the L350F for christmas, then time to save money, or get a job.

I think all of these bigger sets will be a pass for me unless the fire truck is reasonably priced or a sale on the helicopter. Right now the go kart seems to be my favorite out of all of these :thumbup:

Same, the two biggest two I'm buying are the go-kart and dragster

What I have seen so far can't interest me.

I am waiting on the Volvo excavator and Claas Xerion

Me too, I drive a sub-compact tractor, and don't have any of the old ones, so I can't wait for the Claas. I also want the Claas and Volvo to add to my licensed set collection

Looking at the helicopter and dragster doesn't excite me.... Just like everyone opinion here that the go-kart seems like the winner. And I also like the fire truck, it seems like a decent set.

And I also like the fire truck, it seems like a decent set.

I don't understand why Lego keeps making airport fire trucks. Do they not know how to build a ladder?

I don't understand why Lego keeps making airport fire trucks. Do they not know how to build a ladder?

Probably because a technic ladder would be too bulky

Looking at the helicopter and dragster doesn't excite me.... Just like everyone opinion here that the go-kart seems like the winner. And I also like the fire truck, it seems like a decent set.

It reminds me of 8289

I guess not, the Tumbler tires are the ones in the back. According to what I copied in post #968 the front tires are the ones of 42024. If that is right and u like them, 42024 has 6 of them.

No, i meant on the front of the tumbler, sorry for the confusion

Actually that would look good with ladder on top and the water hose, but the fire truck set is definitely not the 1H flagship so I guess Lego is adjusting to the part count.

It reminds me of 8289

Come to think of it, the only fire truck from lego technic is 8289, so this new set should be interesting.

and the one has more curves and look more modern, albeit with lots of panel.

Come to think of it, the only fire truck from lego technic is 8289, so this new set should be interesting.

and the one has more curves and look more modern, albeit with lots of panel.

Well, you are clearly forgetting the awesome 8454 Rescue Truck, which this new set tries to improve, and I hope it will :)

Edited by braker23

So far i'm not really convinced.

Yes they are preliminary, so things can change, but right now i'm just seeing a whooooole lot of panels.

And panels are not really my favorite part in lego technic.

I hope the dragracer will turn out nice, right now, it looks really bad. (bad picture angle maybe?)

The firetruck looks ok-ish.

I will wait for some videos from Sariel for the final verdict. Maybe there are some nice hidden parts/functionality.

....but right now i'm just seeing a whooooole lot of panels.

And panels are not really my favorite part in lego technic.

Exactly this is what I said earlier. My guess is they are going for more panels - less beams. This helps make thinner plastic and less cost. I'm waiting to see the sets weights compared to similar price and/or piece count in the past. I hope Technic does not turn into the LEGO Friends for males.