just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I even have images of the sets and they all show short legs! Some of the builds wouldn't work with normal legs.

If you have images of them, then why don't you show them to us and prove it?

Edited by IMBATMAN

So is it confirmed we are getting Raven in Teen Titans Go form via LEGO Dimensions?

No.

There are no confirmed rumors about what's coming up after the first few waves of dimensions sets (which we already know about). Not sure where the idea that Raven would show up in one came from in the first place anyways.

Thanks for the Mighty Micros set descriptions CM4Sci! Always good to read factual stuff. Rumors are nice to but facts are always better. I'm not concerned about the small legs. If I don't like them or the builds that wont fit regular legs at least I can modify them to how I like. That's what Lego is all about.

No.

There are no confirmed rumors about what's coming up after the first few waves of dimensions sets (which we already know about). Not sure where the idea that Raven would show up in one came from in the first place anyways.

A while back a list of next years dimensions sets popped up, but the franchises are abbreviated and there's two slots with the initials TTG. So there's been a logical assumption that's Teen Titans Go and as Cyborg is already in Dimensions it's possible these two new packs could have the remainder of the Titans included. Combine that with Just2goods hint on a TTG version of Raven and that's where this rumor has come from. Unfortunately we've yet to receive any additional information to confirm or deny that theory. It is still possible TTG could stand for something else.

I must say that this is an exciting time to be a Batman and LEGO fan. Never did I ever imagine that we'd be getting TDKR Lego! That's a dream come true. I love the armor Batman minifig and I'm really digging the cinematic Wonder Woman minifig too. I understand that everyone's sick of getting the usual Batman in every DC set but let's be honest with ourselves, Batman's the messiah of DC Comics. There's no way DC could sell without him. That's why we're getting another Batman movie, not a Man of Steel 2 (I don't care what Zack Snyder says, it's not Man of Steel 2). I'm more than game to finally get an Elongated Man, a Red Tornado, or even (and most definitely) a Kyle Rayner GL minifig but if Batman must be included for these sets to sell, so be it. Bring on the Batmen!!!

I just wish I had a use for all the excess headband batmen heads. Excited to see pics for BVS sets eventually!

Edited by Zergos

I must say that this is an exciting time to be a Batman and LEGO fan. Never did I ever imagine that we'd be getting TDKR Lego! That's a dream come true. I love the armor Batman minifig and I'm really digging the cinematic Wonder Woman minifig too. I understand that everyone's sick of getting the usual Batman in every DC set but let's be honest with ourselves, Batman's the messiah of DC Comics. There's no way DC could sell without him. That's why we're getting another Batman movie, not a Man of Steel 2 (I don't care what Zack Snyder says, it's not Man of Steel 2). I'm more than game to finally get an Elongated Man, a Red Tornado, or even (and most definitely) a Kyle Rayner GL minifig but if Batman must be included for these sets to sell, so be it. Bring on the Batmen!!!

Dude, i am with you. I LOVE the Batman/DC sets. I collect, and own EVERY one since the beginning in 2006/2007, till current. My Batcave is a seamless, if i do say so myself, mix of the first Batcave and the 2012 one. I have a whole Modded Gotham city. The more Batman sets, the better, IMHO. Now dont get me wrong, i love getting other DC heroes and Villains. Incorporating them with my current sets, and Gotham city set up, is great, but its still Batman first, with everything, and everyone else, built around that. Honestly, i wish they would come out with more Batman environments, and buildings. Whenever an Expert Modular, or creator set comes out, that can in any way be modded for Batman/Gotham city, i am doing it, and usually buying 2. I cant wait for that new modular bank, thats coming out, its screaming Gotham city. Adding that to my modded Detective agencys, and other buildings, will be awesome.

Well, if Lego can make an Arkahm City Robin and a Batman that REALLY resembles Arkham Origins mk.2, then they should just make Arkham Lego sets.

Arkham mk.1

Lego's minifig

Would be better than the half good customs floating around anyway.

There are some excellent pad printed Batman customs on genuine Lego, two of which cover Arkham City and Arkham Origins. In fact you can still just buy the torso for the Arkham Origins version.

I'm not convinced the New 52 version we currently have looks too much like it.

I must admit I'm with everyone above who is happy to keep getting new Batman variants, as long as they're relevant and relate to something that has a source.

Dude, i am with you. I LOVE the Batman/DC sets. I collect, and own EVERY one since the beginning in 2006/2007, till current. My Batcave is a seamless, if i do say so myself, mix of the first Batcave and the 2012 one. I have a whole Modded Gotham city. The more Batman sets, the better, IMHO. Now dont get me wrong, i love getting other DC heroes and Villains. Incorporating them with my current sets, and Gotham city set up, is great, but its still Batman first, with everything, and everyone else, built around that. Honestly, i wish they would come out with more Batman environments, and buildings. Whenever an Expert Modular, or creator set comes out, that can in any way be modded for Batman/Gotham city, i am doing it, and usually buying 2. I cant wait for that new modular bank, thats coming out, its screaming Gotham city. Adding that to my modded Detective agencys, and other buildings, will be awesome.

My Good Lord...You own every set that features batman?..Dude I am also a big batman fan, can you share your collection photo or flick? I with others here would surely love to check them out. I just own some of them but I am still happy about that

My Good Lord...You own every set that features batman?..Dude I am also a big batman fan, can you share your collection photo or flick? I with others here would surely love to check them out. I just own some of them but I am still happy about that

I agree. Might give me some ideas!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/nycc-new-dc-super-hero-girls-episodes-debut-online

This article claims were getting brand new sets based off the DC Super Hero Girls world ������������������

Now if we only knew whether they were minidoll or minifigure.

I personally believe/want mini-dolls will be the outcome, though minifigures wouldn't bother me if they were the figures chosen

Of course they will be in minidoll form. Every girl-targeted theme is.

Minidolls are ok, except they need leg articulation. But what bothers me is why Lego needs to go lengths to ensure girls get these. When you think about it, that's really the only reason why the minidolls exist in the first place. Lego changed just for that. Or rather, them. Making more girl protagonist themes are alright, but they didn't have to make such a huge change. If Lego mainly appeals to just smaller boys, then they could have easily balanced that out if they wanted to, by adding more female figures or starting new themes with mainly female minifigs. If boys will stop buying sets cause of that, the Lego should honestly just tell them to cut it out and carry on. But most small boys I know actually think the ladies look cool and actually want more (samurai x). They basically split Lego in half. But this is kinda crazy in my opinion.

Btw, Harley's good? ok.. Is the show legit? Like going on CN as it's own 22 min. block?

Now if we only knew whether they were minidoll or minifigure.

I'm not opposed to minidolls in Friends; Friends occupies its own world, and maybe people just look different there- different in exactly the way that appeals to young girl play styles as determined in focus groups. If it gets them interested in Lego and building toys, awesome, even if I don't want them. On the other hand, DC is already a line, and if we get minidolls of, I don't know, Amanda Waller and Hawkgirl, it makes it less likely we'll get minifigures of them.

Obviously Star Wars, DC, and Marvel are aimed towards boys, but there are some female fans. My sisters are primarily City and Creator fans, but getting female figures like Black Widow and Wonder Woman, have made the Superhero lines more interesting to girls like my sisters. I'm just worried that doing minidolls will segregate the two themes. Again, not bad for girls who want minidolls, but bad for my sisters who don't think they look as cute, and for people like me who want a consistent aesthetic for these characters.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the number of female Superhero minifigures will stay stable, or even increase. That would be wonderful, and I guess there's no reason it can't happen.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the number of female Superhero minifigures will stay stable, or even increase. That would be wonderful, and I guess there's no reason it can't happen.

The minidolls are alright. But the minifigs have way better deail, no argument there. It's just if the minidolls have the same printing as the Friends line does, then the quality will decrease. But, Lego will not do that. They'll probably put a good amount of detail in there. The only sad thing is that, in an attempt to bring boy and girl fans together, Lego's just driving the two apart, instead of doing the most obvious thing. Bringing them together.

Edited by gamejutzu

The only sad thing is that, in an attempt to bring boy and girl fans together, Lego's just driving the two apart, instead of doing the most obvious thing. Bringing them together.

That there is my major worry, but I hope it's not what happens. On the positive, the school premise is promising; I don't think I've ever owned a Lego school set.

On the other hand, DC is already a line, and if we get minidolls of, I don't know, Amanda Waller and Hawkgirl, it makes it less likely we'll get minifigures of them.

Not really. In the way that Elves has no bearing on what Ninjago releases (both seem like they will be pretty big on dragons next year), Super Princess Girls probably won't have much of an effect on the regular line while they are aimed at different target audiences because most of these characters are appearing in male-targeted and gender neutral brands too. DC Super Hero Princesses doesn't have the exclusive rights to use any of the characters that they are featuring, whereas WB wants the Will Smith and Margot Robbie versions of Deadshot and Harley Quinn to be the only versions in live action for now. Pretty much every character featured in this franchse (including the ones here) aside from maybe Bumblebee, Cheetah, and Star Sapphire are being pushed over a breadth of mediums; whether it be Teen Titans Go!, the CW's Arrow and Flash universe, other TV shows like Supergirl and Gotham, the DCEU, or that upcoming Justice League cartoon, with many of them being depicted in multiple incarnations. Paired with interviews where the Princess Girls' developers express hope that their toys and characters will appeal to boys too, that makes these characters more likely to appear, not less.

Edited by Super Fish Oil

Not really. In the way that Elves has no bearing on what Ninjago releases (both seem like they will be pretty big on dragons next year), Super Princess Girls probably won't have much of an effect on the regular line while they are aimed at different target audiences because most of these characters are appearing in male-targeted and gender neutral brands too. DC Super Hero Princesses doesn't have the exclusive rights to use any of the characters that they are featuring, whereas WB wants the Will Smith and Margot Robbie versions of Deadshot and Harley Quinn to be the only versions in live action for now. Pretty much every character featured in this franchse (including the ones here) aside from maybe Bumblebee, Cheetah, and Star Sapphire are being pushed over a breadth of mediums; whether it be Teen Titans Go!, the CW's Arrow and Flash universe, other TV shows like Supergirl and Gotham, the DCEU, or that upcoming Justice League cartoon, with many of them being depicted in multiple incarnations. Paired with interviews where the Princess Girls' developers express hope that their toys and characters will appeal to boys too, that makes these characters more likely to appear, not less.

I hope you're right.

Here's a picture of the dimensions/BvS Superman face we're getting. I really like it and it's better than what I was expecting.

http://img03.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i3/TB1SVHJJVXXXXcIXVXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_640x640.jpg

Also here's another look at that mysterious robin face. I still think the mighty micro set with robin will have this. Both this and the juniors set have the same smiling face robin, but they each have a different scared face.

New robin scared face:

http://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/1582685776/TB2tf0MgXXXXXalXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1582685776.jpg_620x10000.jpg

Juniors scared robin face:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7346/12670693704_a97f8541a7_b.jpg

Edited by amazingbricks