Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 6/3/2022 at 6:38 AM, Time77 said:

Does anyone have a Wedge Antilles? To knowledge, we've only gotten 2 (generic faced) versions of him

I can post my purist custom Wedge if you guys want. I have made 2 versions, one with the normal flight suit and one with casual clothing like he wore in the '90s Rogue Squadron comic series.

On 7/6/2022 at 7:44 AM, Ephseb said:

I can post my purist custom Wedge if you guys want. I have made 2 versions, one with the normal flight suit and one with casual clothing like he wore in the '90s Rogue Squadron comic series.

Sure; I'd be down to see it.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:32 PM, Darth Legomenon said:

52103018449_caabcbd771_c.jpg

Leia, Yavin Celebration by Étoile Park, Flickr에서

https://flic.kr/p/2noaA9i

Hello, there!

Here is Yavin celebration Princess Leia.

As you guys know, It is originally the official minifig have included in Lego set 9495.

I just updated it with latest skirt brick of Princess Leia, and with light nougat arms.

The design of the Hasbro figure and other cinematic pictures were referenced to create this.

This is my first post in this community, so I hope you guys enjoy looking at it.

3224E52A-2353-4C61-AD49-6BE203A3E0C4

I added Luke and Han. 

I plan to add Chewbacca and General Dodonna later.

Here are some of my purist customs, I need to get the new Lightyear armor for Saw and LBG piece for L3-37.

IMG-5779.jpg

Edited by azanderk

9 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Who is the figure to the right?

I'd assume it's the Rancor Trainer from tBoBF

I don't have an adult Ahsoka but on building the city of Lanterns, there is a plain trans clear lightsabre blade included. Would be better than the pale blue ones she uses in the rebels set.

My old 2008 young 'Snips' Ahsoka had cracked feet, I always meant to replace her legs but recently wondered what she'd look like with medium legs, so I gave it a try. The much newer white medium leg pieces fit very stiffly with the old reddish brown hip part but nothing broke when I forced the parts together, phew! think she's the perfect height now, much better for her age. I'm not sure about the cut-down lightsaber I gave her though, might have to go back to a regular piece.

MOD%20Ahsoka%20Tano.jpg

Edited by mcphatty

52338601422_c676fee7b6_b.jpgThrawn+Yul

The build-a-minifig section of S@H may be a bit lacking in choice at the moment, but I was finally able to give boots to a couple of high ranking imperials =)

22 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Thrawn+Yul

The build-a-minifig section of S@H may be a bit lacking in choice at the moment, but I was finally able to give boots to a couple of high ranking imperials =)

Thrawn looks good, but Yularen should just have black legs (See ANH and Rebels) : 

From ANH: 

Spoiler

ddpdw59-e7018787-564c-4169-b4c3-48be5b39

33 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Thrawn looks good, but Yularen should just have black legs (See ANH and Rebels) : 

From ANH: 

Reveal hidden contents

ddpdw59-e7018787-564c-4169-b4c3-48be5b39

That is indeed correct, the best option for Yularen (and Krennic) remains the old chef leg-piece with the white printing continuing below the waist, but given the limited choice from BAM I'll keep him like this for now, preferring this solution to the plain white or black legs =)

17 hours ago, Per_SW said:

That is indeed correct, the best option for Yularen (and Krennic) remains the old chef leg-piece with the white printing continuing below the waist, but given the limited choice from BAM I'll keep him like this for now, preferring this solution to the plain white or black legs =)

Have them however you want them, they're your little minifigures, make them how you prefer :)

By the same rationale as you, I've done the exact opposite and have the chef legs on all our white uniformed Imperials, including Thrawn and a random other Grand Admiral I put together, simply because I like the contrast of colours, and because it makes all our white uniformed officers... er, uniform haha. 

Here's two aboard the officer's lounge in our massively extended Conveyex:

48814505063_35335fd8c7_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Have them however you want them, they're your little minifigures, make them how you prefer :)

By the same rationale as you, I've done the exact opposite and have the chef legs on all our white uniformed Imperials, including Thrawn and a random other Grand Admiral I put together, simply because I like the contrast of colours, and because it makes all our white uniformed officers... er, uniform haha.

That's the joy of lego, after all, and the uniformed contrast is definitely good.
Also I remember your Conveyex, really a wonderful MOD/C =)

11 hours ago, Archer said:

Has anyone tried using this fig's hair on a ep III Anikan?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=cty1201#T=P

When that hair was first introduced i thought it screamed Anikan but it was only in blonde and black, I didn't realize they had done it in brown in 2020.

I've seen a lot of people use that hair piece for Episode 3 Anakin but I'm not a fan personally. I've also seen a lot of people use the old man Luke or Mad Eye Moody hairpieces but those are both parted the wrong way and don't really work either.

The current hair piece for ROTS Anakin is a closer match to what we see on-screen; the only problem with it is that it's also used for Clone Wars Anakin where his hair should be shorter. (This is especially apparent based off Anakin's updated TOTJ character models from earlier in the Clone Wars.) I think the hair piece you shared can work for early Clone Wars Anakin, the current hair piece can be used for Seasons 3-6 Anakin and this mock-up is perfect for Clone Wars Season 7/ROTS Anakin.

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

I've seen a lot of people use that hair piece for Episode 3 Anakin but I'm not a fan personally. I've also seen a lot of people use the old man Luke or Mad Eye Moody hairpieces but those are both parted the wrong way and don't really work either.

Thanks for the feed back! I still think the Lloyd piece would be great for specifically ROTS Anikan. It's even got the part the right way, but there aren't enough available on BL to warrant the change. By my standards there are 4 Unique Anikan's I'd want to update and only 3 of the piece even for sale.

On 8/16/2022 at 4:36 PM, azanderk said:

Here are some of my purist customs, I need to get the new Lightyear armor for Saw and LBG piece for L3-37.

IMG-5779.jpg

How havve you connected the upper and lower body of l3? Atleast looks like a solution I would like to try myself. 

On 9/22/2022 at 11:34 AM, Archer said:

Has anyone tried using this fig's hair on a ep III Anikan?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=cty1201#T=P

When that hair was first introduced i thought it screamed Anikan but it was only in blonde and black, I didn't realize they had done it in brown in 2020.

I think that hair piece would be perfect for Cassian Andor. The hair on the official figure is too long in my opinion.

0CA7F32C-2E4B-4A72-9557-E73CC5C7F339.jpeg

On 9/24/2022 at 3:39 PM, Flieger said:

Any idea what head to use for Sergeant Linus Mosk, easily my favourite Andor-character?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Linus_Mosk

I would suggest the 3626cpb1200 Imperial officer head because it's a head with sideburns an no back printing, but 3626cpb2151 Wuher head might work if you're okay with back printing. There might be another head with sideburns I'm forgetting. 

I would love to see some suggestions for Syril Karn. While the used head actually suits the character for once, I'd be interested to see something less generic to use.

33 minutes ago, IronFish said:

I would love to see some suggestions for Syril Karn. While the used head actually suits the character for once, I'd be interested to see something less generic to use.

The best ones that I could find are this (a bit too angry) and this (a bit too happy); both are double-sided, but considering that the cap included in the set is inaccurate and that Syril spends most of his time with it off, that is not really an issue. 

52370143589_33bf2c7e1f.jpg

Surprised no-one has done this in this thread. (excuse the potato quality)

Edited by Agent Kallus

Hi. Here are my Mandalorians. I updated my Durasteel Mandalorian with a few custom pieces. But just the day before yesterday, I heard about the release of a new Durasteel Mandalorian minifigure included in the UCS Razor Crest... Its improvements are similar to those of my Mandalorian. I'm sad because my Mandalorian's originality doesn't seem to be special anymore. Anyway, I hope you like this photo.

52386773667_35c67f9f0e_c.jpg

The three Beskar armor by Étoile Park, Flickr에서

https://flic.kr/p/2nPeUFD

Edited by Darth Legomenon
photo issue

On 9/26/2022 at 5:13 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

The best ones that I could find are this (a bit too angry)

The close-mouthed face is great, I'll use that if I buy the set.

Speaking of Syril, any hair ideas?