Hi all,

This is my LMP1 for this 27th contest @ Techlug.

o0OYkB.jpg

The theme here was immediately inspired by my disappointment with the official set, I wanted to propose a new design approach for this model.

Building a LMP1 is innovate, propose different solutions, sometimes radical and especially innovative. Translated into lego, I wanted to reproduce this spirit of innovation and research while providing a model that fits in the tags of the competition.

This spirit of innovation is supported by a brand today. Audi. It is this spirit alone that I kept throughout the design process of the model. For the design level, and although the car is fully home without special inspiration. Instead, technical constraints have guided the implementation of design and vice versa.

So what was the specifications that I imposed on myself?

First, LMP1 design this as a true self in the category. To have walked the stalls of Spa Francorchamps in the last rounds of the WEC, one thing strikes, once the car to the pits, it's the inner beauty of these cathedrals mechanical (to quote Nico). The technology is exposed!

Second, all these cars are built around a survival cell that protects the driver, while being hyper light.

Third, and here I speak lego, no question of sticking lift function of unfortunate end bodywork or other idiocy of totally useless genre. A great supercar (and in my view a LMP1 remains the absolute queen of supercars) well it must have supercar's functions and nothing else

In terms of function there will therefore be:

Independent -Suspensions

V8-motor

Open -Portières

Removable cover module

sequential 4-speed gearbox

full AWD ability but disassembled for this presentation ( competition rules)

Quick lifting -System for pitstop, because it must also be a play set for my son

Good. How is therefore designed this car?

The edge of the frame.

jcUBr0.jpg

It is made like my 997. Either a bottom row of beams, a top chord and triangulations in three planes to stiffen. The result is there, the chassis frame twists hardly, self simply rolls on three wheels whatever the wheel you remove ...

The use of the top chord of the other cockpit pass between the center pillar of the windshield, and the shark fin (which ultimately is a structural reinforcement) offers a immediate advantage : a frame which is a pin ... high. This allows parts substancial economy.

82ddHv.jpg

The position of the four main triangulations connecting the frame to the front and rear axles serve as support to the pushrod suspensions by one hand and the fixed angle of the cockpit canopy. I can get a nice rounded so, but find this angle there was really complicated!

RFtpNW.jpg

The survival cell then receives the gearbox stick and the seat (left of the car) a dummy steering wheel and dashboard are outlined.

Note that the sequential control box does not use any unusual or special item, a single knob and two bionicle teeth do the job. For the engine, standard V8 + red intake manifold and manifold glowing in the upper part for cooling.

S3ZXNS.jpg

Regarding the design of the body relative to the survival cell, I opted for the all beams rather than flex, or worse, a mix of both.

I was already trying to flex on a smaller scale Moc, I haven't been convinced by that half empty spaces between flex, so I took the opposite party.

The design of the car is from sketches that I could do and that dictated me a course of action, a posture. So I chose a high nose, so F1 2012, very marked pontoons central bubble aggressive lines, much like frowning. The aim is to give a general impression to the model without necessarily the (over) carrosser from A to Z.

Some more photos:

BItQWn.jpg

QRuxRQ.jpg

aUzeL7.jpg

3qOXhx.jpg

djZ8kf.jpg

Dgg4tj.jpg

Ll92BX.jpg

82ddHv.jpg

I welcome any questions you have on this model.

Sincerely, Steph

Edited by steph77

This is a really amazing car. I love all the detail you put into the model and the presentation. My favorite is this image which looks like the work of H.R. Giger.

82ddHv.jpg

Amazing design! Would like to see some more detailed shots of the functions(gearbox, a bit more detailed pictures of that amazing pushrod suspension) if you have some more you could provide. As well as that, maybe some more pictures of "the edge of the frame" from other angles?

So its the month of LM cars? I like it and I like the model very much as well!

Great job. I love all the work on the chassis. It can take a lot of work to make angled beams connect to each other in a way that is functional.

Yet again, it seems like a TechLug contest is facilitating some great MOCs.

this model and all the thinking that's behind it is totally pleasing :)

really nice!

Great model, crazy angles all over the place.

What are the two springs in the back doing? Are they for the rear suspension? Or is it just aesthetics?

Great model, crazy angles all over the place.

What are the two springs in the back doing? Are they for the rear suspension? Or is it just aesthetics?

It is the suspension system. The springs are connected to the pushrods. The suspension used this geometry to convert a 3L articulated movement to a 2L ant thus offer even more rigidity to the spring.

Thanks for your comment.