Perpetual Motion Machine

001_stator.jpg

Finally I reached a stage in building where it starting to take shape. I've been waiting over one year to post this. I still haven't completed it yet but it is almost finished. This Dynamo will be power by the counter EMF created by the magnetic rotor and in result of this it needs no battery to start since all the energy this machine needs resides in the Magnetic rotor. Imagine a ball on a side of a hill rolling down and never being able to reach the bottom and always being pulled down. That is what is at work here. Unlimited energy through motion and magnets.

Now probably you have heard this before that perpetual motion machine can never work and the starting force needed to drive the magnetic rotor is always greater then the magnetic rotor can make. I can tell you this is half true, If you had a see saw and chop of one side of the see saw the same thing will happen, when the see saw is balanced then the starting force needed is barley any at all. And this is the problem that has plague most modern attempts at perpetual motion machines. Even Thomas Edison was plague by this problem with his perpetual motion machine the DC motor. If Thomas Edison solved this problem we would have a different paradigm of thought towards how AC/DC systems operate today and we wouldn't see them as two separate modes of electricity but rather as one with DC methods on TOP. Enough on that rant.

That is it now. Have any question or doubts about if this will work, please feel free to share them. :classic:

The other day I watched a 10 minute video of instructions on a perpetual motion machine made out of 42009 and then got the end and it didn't work. Yours looks like a solid idea though! But does it work?

Heat is work and work's a curse And all the heat in the universe It's gonna cool down as it can't increase Then there'll be no more work And they'll be perfect peace Really? Yeah, that's entropy, man!

Are you saying edison called a motor a perpetual motion machine?

I would be very scared for my life if I have invented this moc...Wow! Btw, expect 2 men in black suits on your door very soon.

Come on guys, be more positive. You don't want to to squash his ingenuity at an early age stage. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Edited by DrJB

It works, I can tell because it uses JB Weld and its magic properties can't be dismissed. Only duct tape could improve his design.

The First Law of Thermodynamics needs to be updated ... or, in DC Lingo, 'repealed' ... :sadnew:

The other day I watched a 10 minute video of instructions on a perpetual motion machine made out of 42009 and then got the end and it didn't work. Yours looks like a solid idea though! But does it work?

Yes, it is going to work. The design is based on how the dynamo work along with how novelty electric motors function with a dash of brushless DC basics.

Heat is work and work's a curse And all the heat in the universe It's gonna cool down as it can't increase Then there'll be no more work And they'll be perfect peace Really? Yeah, that's entropy, man!

Are you saying edison called a motor a perpetual motion machine?

Thomas Edison DC motor is the keyhole to perpetual motion. Unlock that door behind lays a field that can go on forever and ever. I believe this is the Symbol ∞ that is inscribe on the door.

I will invest in your machine! Is 5000€ enough for starters?

I'm going have to decline your offer. Once completed this machine could be worth around the $500,000 mark at auction.

next application of your magnets...

einsteinmotionb.jpg

The only problem is that the magnet and the vehicle are connected together. Remove this connection and you will have motion. This is where Magnetic Vortex technology is required which is the main proponent in perpetual motion machines.

I really hope you will succeed in making this work. I do believe there is a way. But before going into all sorts of conpiracy theories around free energy... I think people who base their opinion on the findings (proven/theoretical) of others, i.e. backing statements with 'science' often forget that these same proven facts they base their opinion on are the result of the persistance of people who had to fight the same sort of nay sayers..

As for Edison and the dc motor, whenever i hear Edison i think of Tesla,.

Anyways, apart from the mechanical rules and laws surrounding friction etc, i believe there is a deeper essence within energy/vibrations/frequencies that we still dont comprehend collectively,.

The same way we are unable to comprehend our own human nature in relation to the very host we seem to live on. Our dear planet.

The only thing we the people seem to perpetuate is consumerism and kapitalism,. (Imho, but thats a whole different discussion, and we arent here to discuss geo-politics and broader implications of lets say the millitary industrial complex)

Anyways, i think our solar system itself is some sort of perpetual motion system in its own right. You could say we are aswell, no particle is lost for that matter, just fluctuating energy in a transitional state. Just like scale is relative without any proportion,. Energy is endless and ever existant. Our means of grasping it within means and context that can be aplied for a cause that concerns us all.. thats the challenge imho,..

Whatever the outcome of this,. No energy was ever lost ;)

Edited by Sylvian

Perpetual motion is theoretically possible (i think) but it would need to be 100% friction less, and since it would literally be powering itself, there would be no spare energy for powering other things e.g a dynamo to produce electricity, even if we created it, we could not harness it, as far as i can think anyway.

There are three fundamental laws in Physics, that have always proven to be right:

1. Continuity (Compatibility)

2. Equilibrium

3. Conservation

These take special forms depending on whether you're dealing with Newtonian Mechanics, electrical circuits, magneto-hydrodynamics, Navier-Stokes Equation, Maxwell Electro-magnetics, or heat transfer/diffusion. Now, most recent discoveries have built upon the past, not necessarily thrown it away. My former dynamics teacher once said: 'The last major discovery in mechanics was Newton's 2nd law. This does not belittle Lagrange's and Einstein, as those are simply 'refinements' of Newton's work. That said, I find it 'amuzing' that in this modern day and age we're still entertaining the idea that free energy is there for us to find and use. The 3rd law (Conservation) has to hold, no matter what. And, if it does not, you're most likely forgetting some factors. As for the sun undergoing a perpetual motion, well, that is only relative to the human's 'time' scale. Like all other starts stars, the sun was born some long time ago, and will die someday as well ...

Darn, I love Physics!

Edited by DrJB

Kinda like what i said, a self sufficient power source is definitely impossible, but something that only powers its own movements, and loses no energy in the process, could theoretically exist, provided it had no friction or other resistance.

There are three fundamental laws in Physics, that have always proven to be right:

1. Continuity (Compatibility)

2. Equilibrium

3. Conservation

These take special forms depending on whether you're dealing with Newtonian Mechanics, electrical circuits, magneto-hydrodynamics, Navier-Stokes Equation, Maxwell Electro-magnetics, or heat transfer/diffusion. Now, most recent discoveries have built upon the past, not necessarily thrown it away. My former dynamics teacher once said: 'The last major discovery in mechanics was Newton's 2nd law. This does not belittle Lagrange's and Einstein, as those are simply 'refinements' of Newton's work. That said, I find it 'amuzing' that in this modern day and age we're still entertaining the idea that free energy is there for us to find and use. The 3rd law (Conservation) has to hold, no matter what. And, if it does not, you're most likely forgetting some factors. As for the sun undergoing a perpetual motion, well, that is only relative to the human's 'time' scale. Like all other starts, the sun was born some long time ago, and will die someday as well ...

Darn, I love Physics!

You are right about the sun, or like i said it, the solar system. Everything seems to have an expiration date for that matter, or even better said a lifecycle. I will defenitely not go against your statements. But apart from the laws we have erected by applying our perception and interpretation from a scientific standpoint i do believe we havent at all reached our limits when it comes to harnessing any sort of energy for that matter. (for that matter we are limited by being, well human) Which brings me back to the matter of pretty much everything consisting of wavelengths and frequencies.

I will not go against what is proven, no we cannot create energy out of thin air. Money, perhaps. ;)

And no the solar system in itself couldnt be considered a perpetium mobile, but, and yes scale is relative, for as long we know, every ending lifecycle has a successing one, one way or the other.

For that matter i myself have always been intrigued by the mandelbrot sequence, fibonaci sequence and fractals in general. Also how it can be applied to alot things taking place in nature. For me this tells alot about this very nature and how energy and matter are forever in a state of continual transition. We tend to think within confinements of our expiration date so to speak.

Maybe the perpetium mobile doesnt exist, but we can harness wind, solar, & tidal energy. Energy that is there, but has to be tranformed into a form thats of use for us,..

So maybe we are looking in the wrong direction for that matter..

Maybe the question isnt how to "create'' energy, but how to transform it. Which makes gravity and electro magnitism very interesting subjects.

Even though it seems 'amusing' that in this 'modern' age people are still drawn to creating some sort of zeropoint energy device i think its something to envy in people.

Edited by Sylvian

Even thought this was supposed to be sort of a April 1st joke. The subject of perpetual motion is very controversial debate. I look at it like this, you will never disprove Perpetual Motion by not building it and what is in motion is also a subject of debate of its own right. Perpetual motion is the core of engineering whether you agree with it or not, the perpetual cycle of Trial and Error in making everything better will never end.

I've read and studied the works of Edward Leedskalnin where he shares some of his views on perpetual motion and even provides instructions on how to build a perpetual motion machine. Here is a picture of a scale size one that is on the cover of one of his books seen here in the picture too. This is a real perpetual motion machine even though it don't look like it is moving what this machine is in fact doing is holding and doing that only needs a brief input of power nothing more. This could be describe as a electromagnet but the big difference is that when the battery power is remove the electromagnetic holding power is still there in the bar. Under conventional thoughts this electromagnet should stop being a magnet when electricity is removed.

pmh_bar_001.jpg

I really hope you will succeed in making this work. I do believe there is a way. But before going into all sorts of conpiracy theories around free energy... I think people who base their opinion on the findings (proven/theoretical) of others, i.e. backing statements with 'science' often forget that these same proven facts they base their opinion on are the result of the persistance of people who had to fight the same sort of nay sayers..

As for Edison and the dc motor, whenever i hear Edison i think of Tesla,.

Anyways, apart from the mechanical rules and laws surrounding friction etc, i believe there is a deeper essence within energy/vibrations/frequencies that we still dont comprehend collectively,.

The same way we are unable to comprehend our own human nature in relation to the very host we seem to live on. Our dear planet.

The only thing we the people seem to perpetuate is consumerism and kapitalism,. (Imho, but thats a whole different discussion, and we arent here to discuss geo-politics and broader implications of lets say the millitary industrial complex)

Anyways, i think our solar system itself is some sort of perpetual motion system in its own right. You could say we are aswell, no particle is lost for that matter, just fluctuating energy in a transitional state. Just like scale is relative without any proportion,. Energy is endless and ever existant. Our means of grasping it within means and context that can be aplied for a cause that concerns us all.. thats the challenge imho,..

Whatever the outcome of this,. No energy was ever lost ;)

Thanks! It would be amazing if it worked perpetually but that not what I'm actually trying to achieve here. I'm making a electric Motor/Generator pretty much that is going to work off some AA batteries.

Perpetual motion is theoretically possible (i think) but it would need to be 100% friction less, and since it would literally be powering itself, there would be no spare energy for powering other things e.g a dynamo to produce electricity, even if we created it, we could not harness it, as far as i can think anyway.

That is the thing here. If a machine that can only power itself and nothing other will be nothing more then a novelty item to have. If anything is going to come of perpetual motion it is going have to go above 100% efficient in power generation over power consumed.

Edited by Boxerlego

The subject of perpetual motion is very controversial debate.

It's only controversial to people who haven't taken a thermodynamics or physics class. Most courses address perpetual motion machines and explain why they are not possible. Even ones that seem to go on for ever in comparison to a human lifespan have a finite amount of energy to give.

This was a cute April Fools joke, but let's not get carried away.

It's only controversial to people who haven't taken a thermodynamics or physics class. Most courses address perpetual motion machines and explain why they are not possible. Even ones that seem to go on for ever in comparison to a human lifespan have a finite amount of energy to give.

This was a cute April Fools joke, but let's not get carried away.

It will always be controversial subject matter no matter how much you have been told and shown as to why perpetual motion should not work. In a common sense world perpetual motion is ridiculous but that is far as common sense goes. Nothing is perfect in this universe and looking for the exceptions that goes beyond common sense is what the sciences is all about. Take for example Water. Water is so unique from others liquids in that its solid form floats in it liquid state and for most solids that will never happen and its solid will do the opposite and sink. Water is one of the only exception that we can know that goes against developed common sense that we observe for other liquids because water expands when it freezes and other liquids don't. For perpetual motion to be understood you need to remove the word motion and replace it with technology. Solar panels are a sort of Perpetual Technology as long as the sun stays big and bright, Solar panels will always continue producing and that is one of the core functions of a perpetual tech. If the sun goes out and we are technological advance to move form solar system to solar system then we should be fine before everything goes dim here otherwise if not all is lost and that is it.

Actually, it's mathematically impossible. The universe is constantly moving towards a state of thermodynamic equilibrium. All systems, even those that are considered reversible and adiabatic, can never decrease their entropy. It's a fool's errand to try.

Consider this: noise, heat, friction, are all sources of energy loss. Any perpetual motion machine would have to overcome such losses, therefore, the device would not only need to sustain it's energy, it much actually augment it. It's a something-from-nothing scenario. You might be able to build a machine that runs for a billion years, but it can't go on for literally ever.

Water is one of the only exception that we can know that goes against developed common sense that we observe for other liquids because water expands when it freezes and other liquids don't.

Silicon has a lower density when solid than when liquid. There is also a very good explanation as to why water is denser than its frozen form.

About solar panels: One day, the sun will die and so will the energy provided by it. So solar panels and the sun are not a PPM. Think of it this way: every object has a finite amount of energy in it. A battery, the sun, a drop of gasoline, even a grain of sand. The energy is stored in the atoms that make up the object. When atoms stop moving (at 0 Kelvin), all the energy is gone from the object. Since transferring that energy to another object always incurs losses (no matter how minute), your perpetual motion machine will eventually run out energy. It will also never create more energy than is stored in it, even if there were no losses.

Unless you can provide scientific proof to back up your assertion that perpetual motions can exist, this discussion is moot. Changing naming conventions and stating your beliefs/feelings about the subject is not an effective way to convince anyone that you can break the laws of thermodynamics.