darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Finally! I found this thread! Okay, so I had an idea for a Battlefront line a while back: It could include background locations, such as simple hallways in Bespin, platforms on Kamino and Bespin, Death Star halls, Tantive IV halls, Mos Eisley buildings, Mustafar rooms, etc.

Each set can include generic soldiers, and soldiers specific to that location. For example, if making a Cloud City set, Lego would never make a generic hallway and put Luke in it. They would make an iconic location. So, for the Battlefront line, they can do background locations, like the landing platforms or the hallways, and include Stormtroopers and Imperial Officers.

These could be medium-sized sets, and could include 10 soldiers. Each set from the same planet can even connnect together.

I really couldn't explain this well, but maybe people from the previous thread I was on can help me explain?

I would say that we have a better chance of getting the solders in a set that was on-screen for 2.5 seconds (AT-AP, Droid Gunship, V-Wing, etc.) than a Battlefront line. It just don't seem very likely to me.

That being said, I would LOVE a Mygeeto set. Something like:

Battle of Mygeeto ($25)

A Crab Droid

A Dwarf Spider Droid

Ki-Adi Mundi (Normal)

Commander Bacara

2 Galactic Marines

2 Battle Droids

10 soldiers, even if generic, in a medium-size set wouldn't fly... you'd be looking at $50-$60 each set, minimum. I think expanded BPs (more the size of Battle of Saleucami or something, maybe up to $20-25) with 4-6 troopers might work... but Gremer's right, tho we may want those hallways & environments beyond iconic scenes, Lego probably won't deliver...because they're just hallways. A kid's not gonna enjoy building the predominantly-white Tantive IV corridor, even with those bins (from the Lego SW games) with black panels breaking it up a bit. They'd want a ship, or some environmental piece that has a trap or something. I'd rather see Kenner minirigs and other such small vehicles in sets like that, sorta like the Hoth Rebel BP except with "just offscreen" vehicles.

-Moldy Crow (Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors, WeeGee)

-Ebon Hawk (Revan, Bastila, Carth, Canderous, Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, HK47, T3-M4)

I love Dark Forces games as well-maybe Kyle could show up in Rebels? I mean the character would definitely fit in with the rest of the cast. Hopefully that'll happen and the Moldy Crow will be a reality. I tried to MOC it once and the result was disastrous. :tongue:

Also, I second the Ebon Hawk. But I'd venture to say that the probability of that happening is even less than the probability of getting the Moldy Crow.

Okay.....Battlefront wasn't my best idea. Still not my worst, though.......

But in terms of REALISTIC sets, I would want Padme's Royal Starship from ROTS. It could be a UCS set, and include Padme (Pregnant......not sure how Lego would make that look.), Anakin and Obi-Wan (with burned holes in their robes), and an updated C-3PO.

This set could only work if it uses a CHROME color. Not grey, not bley, not bley-with-chrome-paint-on-it (looking at you, lightsabers.....), but CHROME.

Edited by LN-01354

...and that's why it'd never work. Too much chrome, sadly. The interiors would be of different colors, of course, but producing all the outer bricks in chrome is unlikely; even flat or metallic silver seems unlikely.

But it's still strange that they haven't attempted one, really... Guess they just know what to avoid. Blame George for insisting on chrome ships! :tongue:

Edited by Venkefedo

Okay.....Battlefront wasn't my best idea. Still not my worst, though.......

hey, if lego made a battlefront set I would buy it. Maybe a battle pack like set for each faction, just with battlefront figs? Edited by arc

All the Battlepack talk in the 2015 News/Rumors thread got me thinking more about BPs... in a perfect world, spread out perhaps, we'd get 4 Endor BPs. Two would be similar to what we already got, just divided up by faction: 4 Rebel Commandos (with trees, perhaps, or maybe an ITT-style chibi version of the Kenner Endor Forest Ranger minirig), and 4 armored Imps (2 scouts, 2 stormies, and a couple speeder bikes or a bike & a tree again).

But 2 more, IMO, would be awesome to see:

1) a 4-Ewok set with a catapult, the 4 Ewoks fairly generic and in different colors: tan, dark tan, reddish brown (or dark brown), and a striped one in dark & light bley (or dark bley & white, perhaps), and

2) a Shield Bunker set with two black-tunic Imperial Officers (using the Death Star Trooper badgeless officer uniforms), and two Imperial Navy Troopers just like in the ISD set. The build for it would be a challenge, perhaps, as the bunker interior doesn't hold much action potential aside from explosions, but it could work... the figures, tho, would be perfect! A ready supply of DST helmets, black officer caps, and plain black tunic and jumpsuit torsos to fill the ranks in any Imperial display you've got. Swapping hats fills even more roles, as jumpsuit-wearing Imps with black caps are seen at the Emperor's arrival and often considered pilots (as with the Microfighter Star Destroyer), while the officer uniforms with DST helmets gives you proper Death Star Troopers, as the jumpsuited ones in ROTJ tend more to be working at computer stations.

If they ever revisit Endor in the BPs, I'd love for the Ewok & Bunker Crew ideas to be the target... our Ewok Villages would get a larger population and our Emperor's Arrival dioramas would look more impressive!

An Ewok battlepack would be cool, or at least a combination of Ewoks and Endor Rebels. The battlepack I want to see most though is a Naboo Forces one. Its impossible to army build the Security Guard at an affordable price when he's only available in the MTT and Lego still hasn't made a Naboo Royal Guard yet.

33zeolw.jpg

I also wouldn't mind a new TIE Fighter Collection set. The TIE Bomber and Interceptor are long overdue for a remake and while the recent versions of the classic fighter and TIE Advanced still hold up, they'd look even better with the new windshield from the Inquisitor's ship.

10131-1.jpg

TIE Bomber: Set includes TIE pilot, two Stormtroopers, and 4-LOM. Set comes with the TIE Bomber with opening cockpit, spring loaded shooters and a bomb dropping function. £44.99

Battle of Geonosis: Set includes Luminara Unduli, Kit Fisto, pre-scarred Padme Amidala with new facial expression, Clone Trooper, Geonosian Soldier, Geonosian Drone, and a Super Battle Droid. Set comes with Geonosian Chariot, Geonosian Cannon, execution pole, rocky outpost, and Nexu. Play features include: Catapult on the chariot, missiles on the cannon, falling execution pole, missiles on the outpost. £39.99

Jedi temple

3 random Jedi

Oppo rancisis

Yarelk poof

Butla swab

Has the council room a hallway and a training room

Updates of:

Stormtrooper Battle Pack - Stormtrooper x4

Snowtrooper Battle Pack - Snowtrooper x 4

Imperial Shuttle - Pilot, Stormtrooper, Jerjerrod, Endor Han (I know he doesn't wear the trench coat in the shuttle, but I can't think where else to put him) £50

TIE Bomber - Pilot, Needa, Black Officer £35

TIE Interceptor - Pilot, Death Star Trooper, Technician £35

Yoda's Hovel - Luke, Yoda, Vader with Luke's face £25

Cloud Car - Pilot x2, Bespin Guard £25

Cloud City - Lando, Luke, Han, Leia (white outfit), Chewie with 3PO backpack, Lobot, Vader, Boba,Ugnaught, Bespin Guard x2, Stormtrooper x2 £100+

New Sets:

Imperial Officer Battle Pack - 1 Grey, 1 Black, 2 Technician

Sandtrooper Battle Pack - 1 Captain, 3 Normal

Bespin Guard Battle Pack - Bespin Guard x3, Ugnaught

Rebel Pilot Battle Pack - Pilot x2, Technician x2

Obi-Wan's Hut - Ben, Luke, R2, Tusken x2, Bantha

I'd like to see some new UCS sets. Here are a few:

UCS Eta-2 intercepter - yellow, red or green

UCS A-Wing - green or red

UCS Tie Intercepter

UCS ARC 170

UCS V-Wing

A Star Wars Rebels sets I'd like to see:

Imperial Prisoner Transporter: Set includes Zeb, Kitwar, x2 Wookiees, x4 Stormtroopers, TIE Pilot. Set comes with the prisoner ship seen landing on Kessel, transporting Imperial troops to stop the rebels rescuing the Wookiees. The ship has an interior with cockpit, control panel, troop bay that lowers to the ground, and two prison cells. The set also somes with a container for the Wookiees to hide in that The Ghost can pick up. £99.99

A Star Wars Rebels sets I'd like to see:

Imperial Prisoner Transporter: Set includes Zeb, Kitwar, x2 Wookiees, x4 Stormtroopers, TIE Pilot. Set comes with the prisoner ship seen landing on Kessel, transporting Imperial troops to stop the rebels rescuing the Wookiees. The ship has an interior with cockpit, control panel, troop bay that lowers to the ground, and two prison cells. The set also somes with a container for the Wookiees to hide in that The Ghost can pick up. £99.99

Hear, hear! I'd love something like that. Except that it should include Agent Kallus as well.

I'd like to see some new UCS sets. Here are a few:

UCS Eta-2 intercepter - yellow, red or green

UCS A-Wing - green or red

UCS Tie Intercepter

UCS ARC 170

UCS V-Wing

I wonder why there's so few prequel UCS sets. Does LEGO don't think that there's a market? Did UCS Obi-Wan's Starfighter sell badly?

I hope the rumors are true about the future of UCS line

2014 - Sand Crawler / Slave 1 (i know it will be release on january, i still consider it as 2014)

2015 - Tie Fighter / Millennium Falcon

2016 - Cloud City / Prequel or episode 7 UCS set.

2017 - Tantive IV / Prequel or episode 7 UCS set.

I would like to see this OT set on 2015 summer wave:

1. AT-ST

2. Tie Interceptor or Bomber

3. Twin Pod Cloud Car

and for the 2015 winter wave (OT only)

1. Imperial Shuttle

2. Cloud City battle pack

3. Imperial Scout trooper battle pack

Edited by irispen

My lego Star Wars wish list:

Prequels

Trident hover tank

Crab droid

A new hail fire droid

A new nemodian shuttle

Battle packs containing more generic clones.

A droid sub fighter

A better MTT (admittedly , it will be hard to top the 2008 one)

Original trilogy

At-pt

An at-st with fully articulated legs, hips, knees, and ankles.

A republic tank redone in imperial colors

The alliance tanks from the battlefront series

An at-at that's not motorized, ucs (which I'm not a fan of), or overly technic

2017 - Tantive IV / Prequel or episode 7 UCS set.

Wouldn't an episode 7 set of the Tantive IV be a pile of rubble? :look:

Wouldn't an episode 7 set of the Tantive IV be a pile of rubble? :look:

He was saying he wanted a Tantive IV and either a PT or EpVII UCS (perhaps based on rumors).

Also, nobody knows the fate of the Tantive IV... it was captured by the Devastator, but did the Devastator survive the Death Star? Was it, and the Tantive IV, docked there? Or were they sent elsewhere after prisoner transfer & a thorough search? So, technically, it could still be kicking around somewhere in EpVII, serving the Empire, mothballed, sold to a new owner, liberated by an Alliance strike, any number of other fates.

This is an imperial's dream come true. The prices will be high, but the sound of officers, stormtroopers, tie bombers... makes me drool :drool:

Why are the sets around £12-£13 anyway. Yes, the detail is high but 4 minifigs and a few bricks (and licensing) shouldn't cost the Earth.

Apparently the Devestator was destroyed during the Battle of Endor. The Tanitive IV was said to have been "destroyed" by the empire. Wookipedia gives a vague description on its destruction leaving room for possibility for a return.

I myself would like to see sets like Cloud City done in a Jabba's Palace/Sail Barge type way. These types of series bring out many positives in my opinion. It means I can spend my money out in medium chunks rather than in one large one. It gives Lego a chance to focus on all the details. Still,UCS or not my hopes are on Cloud City.