Asper

Train Bridge

Hello,

One of the first things I built as an AFOL was a bridge made of blue old LEGO track. I know that the idea to use the blue LEGO track is not new - I think I have seen this in some of the old LEGO idea books.

Now it took some years to "finish" it and make this small diorama to present the bridge. At the end of the 19th centuries they built these beautiful portals for train bridges - I like them very much - so I wanted them on my bridge, too.

(larger images can be found in the flickr album)

trainbridge_01.jpg

trainbridge_02.jpg

trainbridge_03.jpg

trainbridge_04.jpg

trainbridge_05.jpg

trainbridge_06.jpg

trainbridge_07.jpg

trainbridge_08.jpg

trainbridge_09.jpg

trainbridge_10.jpg

Hope you like it,

Steffen

Very nice all around. The weight test is cool as well. Tells me the bridge will hold a loaded train as it passes through the idyllic scenery. Even the ancient steamer fits.

Very, very nice. Do you have more pictures of the train that is on the bridge?

Thank you. The train is an old MOC from 2010. You can find more on flickr or on brickshelf (on brickshelf there is even kind of an instruction)

I love the mixture of a classical "London Bridge" portal combined with the slightly more modern suspension bridge. Beautiful details you've added to liven up the scene, especially those canoes. The trees also look great. Overall, amazing build.

That's a great bridge. fantastic work. Nice concept to use a classic style with those gates at each end.

And you put a lot a nice details there as well.

wonderful bridge, as other have said there are so many amazing little details that just make things feel that much more alive. there is a very similar bridge near me and this has all of the charm that the real bridge near me has always had. I am curious though, is there a plan to incorporate this bridge into a larger layout? I ask because I can only imagine the wonder that would be contained in that layout of the bridge were a small part of it.