That volcano lair is just sensational - so much inspiration and effort thrown at that. It looks huge too, a great display piece I reckon.

...anyone else notice that is has double the minifigs and a pile of extra bricks than the larger 2016 Star Wars sets but is the same price? These licenced sets are a form of daylight robbery...

Oh right, I forgot she was the only villain we haven't seen in a set yet. Hope it's worth it.

There's a bad guy vehicle or launcher type of thing. What ever you want to call it. Not very big and whiparella is in it.

How many figs?

Disappointed that there isn't a Golem. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by BrickJagger

That volcano lair is just sensational - so much inspiration and effort thrown at that. It looks huge too, a great display piece I reckon.

...anyone else notice that is has double the minifigs and a pile of extra bricks than the larger 2016 Star Wars sets but is the same price? These licenced sets are a form of daylight robbery...

I agree with you. I like the Volcano Lair, too. Very inspirational design and it can be repurposed to be bad guys hideout or HQ. It is also a great parts pack for MOCing.

As for the price of SW... I don't like how the Star Wars theme is becoming like a luxury product with top tier pricing. That's why I focused my attention on non-licensed sets these year.

I did. They all say August.

In Kyiv they are appearing this week :look: Edited by dimaks13

In Kyiv they are appearing this week :look:

Makes since. Europe gets the August (US) stuff in June. It's been that way with most of these themes for several years now.

I'm a bit curious now though... The Ninjago poster says fall... hmm...

Edited by Penkid11

There's a bad guy vehicle or launcher type of thing. What ever you want to call it. Not very big and whiparella is in it.

With the Black Knight set?

I was a LEGO Star Wars fan since 1999, but It just ain't as cool and novel to me like It was back then. On a personal note; I think It gets more expensive with each new wave and the scarce minifig focus is very bothersome. As for the volcano lair, It's going to be awesome. I'm so far not dissapointed with Nexo Knights.

I was a LEGO Star Wars fan since 1999, but It just ain't as cool and novel to me like It was back then. On a personal note; I think It gets more expensive with each new wave and the scarce minifig focus is very bothersome. As for the volcano lair, It's going to be awesome. I'm so far not dissapointed with Nexo Knights.

I don't know about more expensive with each new wave, because when you factor for inflation it's kind of astonishing how high the price per piece really is on some of those older sets. 7190 Millennium Falcon from 2000 was 663 pieces, six figs, and 1936 grams for $100, which today would be around $143. 75105 Millennium Falcon from last year was 1329 pieces (around twice as many), seven figs, and 2244 grams for $150. Likewise, 4477 T-16 Skyhopper from 2003 was 98 parts, one fig, and 212 grams for $15, which today would be around $20. 75081 T-16 Skyhopper from last year was $25 for 247 pieces (two and a half times as many), two figs, and 428.5 grams for $25. So yes, prices have gone up somewhat, but by just about any metric, the contents of the new sets are a better value dollar for dollar. I collected the classic LEGO Star Wars sets as a kid myself, but things like this just make me feel like I got into it at entirely the wrong time. :wacko: Granted, these are U.S. prices. I don't know what those classic sets cost in euros.

Back on-topic, I'm glad the videos posted yesterday finally show us just what it looks like to convert General Magmar's Siege Machine from tank mode to tower mode. It's a nice, smooth transition. :classic: The summer lineup looks great overall!

Edited by Aanchir

I don't know about more expensive with each new wave, because when you factor for inflation it's kind of astonishing how high the price per piece really is on some of those older sets...

...Granted, these are U.S. prices. I don't know what those classic sets cost in euros.

I suppose I should have mentioned in my prior post that I personally feel SW sets are getting more expensive in recent years. It did'nt crossed my mind someone would read "since 1999" while writing. But I appreciate your effort into digging some TLG history of prices of LEGO sets back then. It refreshed my look once again how TLG's prices worked back then.

I'm wondering If Nexo Knights is a MOCcing potentional theme that gets popular in MOC communities? I have seen quite some interesting and cool NK inspired MOCs on this forum and on Flickr lately. I can imagine that It will infleunce more Spastle (Space + Castle) and Warhammeresque MOCs and I'm excited to see more in the future and do some myself someday. I have an idea about a Ghoul like faction with tanks and beefy starships with H.G. Giger infleunces with huge transparant clear windscreens and black with magenta or dark red accents. Just letting my brainfart... :grin:

Pictures for The Black Knight Mech!

ocpfFCZ.png

lLfVLst.png

Similarities to the King's Mech are there, but I like this sleek look much better!

Edited by Jacob_9821

Wow! This looks very nice! Despite my name I have yet to really get some sets and even watch the show. That might as well change soon. Awesome set! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, this is awesome! Loving the mech, and the side builds are so much better than the King's Mech ones too. Is that thing Whiparella is riding basically the closest thing we're going to get to a hover horse for the lava monsters? That will go great for my Nexo Knight hover horse jousting diorama for sure :laugh:

Really the only thing I'm disappointed with, and it's really a minor thing, is that I would have preferred a squirebot with Robin's heraldry on it, rather than the King's. But that's just me since I already have two King's Squirebots thanks to The King's Mech and the Knights battlepack and just want more Squirebot variety really. Oh, and only one exclusive Nexo Power as far as I can see :look:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

I feel the upper torso could use some work, but the rest looks good.

Also that face mask print is delicious. I'll have to use it for some Constraction MoCs.

Ugh... I hoped for more black than blue... Looking on photos I think the King Mech looked a lot better.

I like this sword more though!

And that...base? Is pathethic.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Is that thing Whiparella is riding basically the closest thing we're going to get to a hover horse for the lava monsters?

Whoa, that just gave me an idea.

What if we got a wave where Jestro steals some Nexo tech (or whatever) and monster-fies some of the vehicles?

Monster Fortrex? :shrug_oh_well:

Ugh... I hoped for more black than blue... Looking on photos I think the King Mech looked a lot better.

I like this sword more though!

And that...base? Is pathethic.

I like the base, actually. It's very consistent with Jestro's Volcano Lair, which means it'll probably pair well with it. Whiparella also looks great, as does Robin in what looks like a new costume.

The mech... eh. The shield is great. The sword is great. The legs... are decent (but don't have articulated knees, after the King's Mech was one of the first Lego mechs in ages to include them). And the torso? Way, way too flat (except on the lower torso, which gives the unfortunate appearance of a massive codpiece). It's a decent set, and a great value, but I definitely preferred the King's Mech, which I'd consider one of the most solid mechs Lego's ever done.

Whoa, that just gave me an idea.

What if we got a wave where Jestro steals some Nexo tech (or whatever) and monster-fies some of the vehicles?

Monster Fortrex? :shrug_oh_well:

That... would be awesome. I'd buy a monster-ified Fortrex in a heartbeat :grin: (NK Fortrex was one of the few sets I didn't feel like buying when I got into Nexo Knights)

I just find it funny that I literally just tweaked my Nexo Display to have Lance and Lavaria having a jousting match on hover horses - and then it turns out The Black Knight Mech has a villain hover horse. I think that alone has suddenly pushed this to a day one purchase for me. Gosh I hope this set is available in June with the rest of the NK wave in the UK (more concrete evidence for NK being released in June in the UK - I just noticed the Amazon UK listings for most of them on Brickset, amongst the already available NK sets. They don't normally get added this early. I can't believe Axl's Tower Carrier is not £40 as said at LTF, but £60 (which is why it's at the bottom because Brickset lists it's RRP at £40). What the hey LEGO, your LTF prices have never been wrong before! :angry: Oh this is going to be an expensive summer for me...)

This set is fantastic! I can't believe it is $40 US dollars. (the price reported on BZP's New York toy fair coverage) The only thing I don't like is the torso, since it looks a little flat, especially the upper part. It may look better in person, though. I also love the side builds, including the hover horse like enemy vehicle, as well as the little outpost, which will fit perfectly with Jestro's Volcano Lair! I also like the inclusion of the unexpected figures (robot and ash attacker), and Robin's new attire.

The mech also has the propeller blades (hinges at the base of the silver blade pieces) and the simulated shield fist, which were unexpected functions, because I believed those were things added to the mech in the show to give it some abilities, and not set functions. Overall, will pick up when it comes out in August!