Merlok's library may not be a literal library. Maybe it is where his program is stored, and the knights have to protect it or he'll be lost forever. Merlok is an AI.

Judging by the color schemes of heroes' vehicles and base, is there any chance they could be from the same planet as the Ice Planet 2002 guys?

I mean, they could be used for MoCs of IP2002, but there's no way they're supposed to be on the same planet. Similarity is just the similar colour scheme and ends there. :classic:

But I definitely expect to see more IP2002 MoCs now! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Is that little... wall thing the Library. It looks like it's a containment unit for the book. That's it.

Also, why would Lego show off Robin at NYCC if he isn't in any of the main wave of sets (polybags are not part of the initial wave).

I was also thinking Ice Planet when I saw these. They don't bother me as much as Chima, but I'll have to see them in person I think.

Is that little... wall thing the Library. It looks like it's a containment unit for the book. That's it.

Also, why would Lego show off Robin at NYCC if he isn't in any of the main wave of sets (polybags are not part of the initial wave).

As mentioned a trillion times, he's in an Ultimate set. That's a January set.

I'm getting more and more pumped for these sets.

I went from "meh" to "well this looks kinda nice i guess" to "i need this in my life".

Day One Lavaball-Chariot, King's Mech and Jestro's Evil Balrogmobile for me.

I'm just waiting for the angry members who are outraged at Brickset for calling NK a Castle subtheme...

The same members who are trying to tell the designer of this Castle theme that it isn't a Castle theme, even though he says it is. :sadnew:

I'm just waiting for the angry members who are outraged at Brickset for calling NK a Castle subtheme...

The issue is that they wanted a historic castle theme. Since Nexo is obviously not that they feel it's unlikely that Lego will release a historical theme. I actually think that it's more likely as Nexo won't be competing with it.

No, from what I gather, the Castle fans refuse to consider this as a Castle theme at all. Because they don't like it, it seems that it's not allowed in the same circles.

No, from what I gather, the Castle fans refuse to consider this as a Castle theme at all. Because they don't like it, it seems that it's not allowed in the same circles.

I mean, it's not an historic theme, which is what has the Castle fans mostly so upset. That's also why it's not in the historic forum. Because it's not even medieval fantasy, like LotR and Fantasy Era were. It's anachronistic castle-punk with a dash of demonic occult-fantasy.

So castle yes (like, officially. Word of author says so.) But historic, no. Nor is it realistic, like Kingdoms was, even considering the muted fantasy elements (the "wizard" and dragon was exclusive to an impulse boc and the chess set, and I don't even remember a witch? Do you mean the chess set queen? The wizard struck me as more of an alchemist anyways. Really good theme that was.), and a lot the parts are all fairly specific to this mixture of castle and Sci fi, with very few having secondary uses for your typical castle builder, so I can understand why the theme is really alienating a lot of the core castle loving AFOLs to the point that they won't cconsider it castle.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I am a big castle fan, and I consider it a Castle theme...

But I was also the one who consider Chima as a wacky castle theme.

I must say I love this theme. I rerally waited for Ninjago to take a knight route, but this is MUCH better!

I see TONS stuff I will use for my fantasy- castle world - new lava enemies- Elementals, the balrog build- I will rebuild it to match Crystal king and make it Lava king, the weapons will be magical artifacts, new visors, new waifu.... SO MANY POSIBILITIES!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Very interesting. There's a lot you could build onto Axl's armor.

I guess this confirms the whole plume debate. Still weird how her hair matches, though,

I see a lot of comments early in this thread where people were excited for a steam punk twist to castle, but that would be mixing modern day with Victorian technology AND then mixing that with castle. Instead Nexo Knights takes castle and magically twists it with modern-ish technology. If anything this is castle-punk (though I prefer cyber-castle as a term).

I do get the issues some people have with this as a 'castle' theme, I build castle for fun myself, hell I've won classic castle competition categories in the past, but as a LEGO theme it needed a shake up, to be reinvigorated, to bring in a whole new generation. In 10 years there will be so many new AFOL castle builders who look at this as their gateway. Plus we love the old stuff, look out for our easter eggs.

Castle-punk or cyber-castle sound about right for this theme.

Its a shame Castle couldnt be reinvigorated som other way, like taking it into non-European regions (like Middle East or Far East inspired)or (Greek)mythology, or some other way more compatible with the existing Castle world. But I guess the marketing/research guys have all the right answers to that.

I dont doubt Nexo Knights will bring in a lot of new (and older) kids. What i do doubt s that they will continue on to be Castle buildrs as oposed to Sci-Fi builders.

But why even call it a castle theme, when there is not even a -castle- in the line?

Yeah, I see knights, you can definitely call it a knights theme. But where's the castle? That thing on *caterpillars* that looks like a Duplo set?

But why even call it a castle theme, when there is not even a -castle- in the line?

Yeah, I see knights, you can definitely call it a knights theme. But where's the castle? That thing on *caterpillars* that looks like a Duplo set?

Yes. That thing. Where are you finding your Duplo sets, they must be awesome. ☺

Edited by Nabii

Yes. That thing. Where are you finding your Duplo sets, they must be awesome. ☺

:head_back:

I'm personally extremely excited for this theme. I don't care what people say, I think they're either blinded by nostalgia or something and just want their old Fantasy Era stuff back (which to me was never all that great)

I'm assuming you designed Fortrex, and I think it looks awesome! I can't wait!

I don't really consider a castle theme to only be called a castle theme due to one building, castle themes get the name due to the setting in time and the statement of looking like a duplo set, at least for me,was a bit unjust as it has a detailed look to it then ost thing, but what do I know I just have a Bread icon

Haven't read all of the latest responses yet due to being a bit in a hurry, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the new pics:

The Knight Mech is super-awesome. It may not come with any pieces that I initially think are useful for MOCing, but I don't care. This thing is going into my collection, no matter what!

Getting a Barlog Monster without Jestro's huge thing is also a good plus for me, although this one seems to lack the unique torso piece.

I like the small set with the axe things. Mostly for the axe things, but the other parts are neato as well.

Since I intend on getting Lance, I will either go for the library set (that is the one with the tower and the wall, right?) or his ultimate version, whatever turns out to be less expensive.

The promo sets are also neat.

I just realized the only other Axl in existence without an e is Axl Rose. :tongue:

There's actually also Axl from the Mega Man X series (which also actually had a shout-out to Guns'n'Roses Axl with the boss names in Mega Man X5).

Granted, he's kind of overlooked for various reasons (he joined the fray relatively late, wasn't in many games and his debut game was one of the actually bad games in the series), but he had also a few fun entries.

But yeah, I don't know anyone else with that name.

Besides Fortrex being unmistakeably a castle, it also wouldn't surprise me if there were more castles coming. Other "big bang" themes like Atlantis, Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and Elves have always had their biggest sets for the year released in the summer, and I don't expect this theme to be any different in that regard. Have you noticed that the magazine teaser we saw earlier this month has the Fortrex rolling away from what appears to be an even larger castle?