And is it just me or did anyone else make Tanma and Gavla have a relationship? Just me? Oh...

Not just you, I totes do this as well. Anyway, new set images.

Nothing has changed. I still love them and I still want Ekimu.

Not sure if anyone's made this point but I've noticed that all the trans masks correlate to that particular villain's colour. Hence why we have no Tahu/Gali mask, more unfortunate for the latter.

Not sure if anyone's made this point but I've noticed that all the trans masks correlate to that particular villain's colour. Hence why we have no Tahu/Gali mask, more unfortunate for the latter.

It's rather the secondary color of the protector's mask those 3length transblue shells (in PoW's legs) would been just enough. Trans yellow is not that common though. has it appeared as CCBS in more than this?

90636.jpg

Any chance of you doing a LDD of Darth Vader? Not entirely sure how his middle segment works

The shells obscure nearly everything so it's not that easy to do. Even if I do that and it looks right with shells on, the actual product might look completely different from inside.

I'm willing to guess it uses an upside down small torso to connect the legs, the balljoint is hidden with the chest armor. under it is a large torso.

Edit:

Now that I tried it, it doesn't really work. I honestly don't know how it's done. Possibly uses some heavy technic.

Edited by GK733

Yeah, people have mentioned it. Now we aren't sure if they're that color because they're draining the element from the mask (likely) or if perhaps they're corrupting the mask with their own power, or some variations thereof.

And Skull Grinder gets pretty close to Tahu (and his trans-orange mask!), but yeah, Gali's out of luck.

If anything I hope for 2016 is that we would get these in 3 length 87083.jpg

What really bugs me with Gali is her too wide shoulders.

With hopefully molding a new torso piece this could work, now the balljoints of the torso will get in the way.

Edited by GK733

Did we get any press descriptions with the set information, or is all we know what's on the placards?

The shells obscure nearly everything so it's not that easy to do. Even if I do that and it looks right with shells on, the actual product might look completely different from inside.

I'm willing to guess it uses an upside down small torso to connect the legs, the balljoint is hidden with the chest armor. under it is a large torso.

Edit:

Now that I tried it, it doesn't really work. I honestly don't know how it's done. Possibly uses some heavy technic.

That is unfortunate, but have to admit, its nice not knowing about a set's inner workings. Unlike the 2015 Summer Bionicles, the Darth Vader set has people stumped. Kind of miss that sort of thing in Bionicle

That is unfortunate, but have to admit, its nice not knowing about a set's inner workings. Unlike the 2015 Summer Bionicles, the Darth Vader set has people stumped. Kind of miss that sort of thing in Bionicle

Well we have Skullbasher.

You know, I'm completely fine with the more bare bones (HAH!) look of the summer sets due to the fact that they're skeletons. As long as they're not priced to high, anyways.

Great, TLG still putting more effort into subtheme constraction then the main line.

Well I wouldn't say. Luke and Vader don't offer that much of new pieces. The shin pieces and new chest, also lightaber and heads but that's it. I hate how they ruined the chestplate on Luke by printing everything on it.

New pieces doesn't automatically mean a lack of effort. I think MoW was talking more about the overall look and construction. I'm really excited about Vader, and not just as a parts pack like Luke will probably be.

That said, there's a separate thread for this, so back to bonkles.

I just miss the complexity of the larger sets. Tahu, and I'm sure Onua and Kopaka, are amazing, but I think of them and compare them with Tuma who was similarly priced and more recently(6 years whatever) released and it amazes me how the times have changed.

I know that pieces lack due to things such as inflation and such, but I still just expect more and wish TLG would focus the constraction resources where it's due, otherwise Bionicle might not last past or even three years. Remember it's "planned" three years, there were also two more movies "planned" in Gen 1 and look what happened. My Bio-organic dinosaurs <\3.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Am I the only one who's more excited about the new recolours/pieces in the Ninjago sets than the new pieces in the Bionicle Summer Wave ? I mean, spring-/skullspider-green blades, even more spring-/skullspider-green elements and wings and white Protector feet and golden lightning spikes ? Seriously, these are all extremely awesome and useful :o Although I probably won't buy the sets, I can't wait until these pieces appear on Bricklink !

-Iben

Those aren't really spring green. They're glow-in-the-dark :wink:

As for the argument of complexity, I'm gonna say it. I regard both gens with equal complexity, but they are complex for different reasons.

Protectors blow the Av-Toran out the water, and I feel they stand up really well when compared to Matoran of previous years, especially considering the increased playability.

The Medium sets are a bit more even. A lot of the medium sets in Bionicle's later years could be built without instructions for the most part, though there were sets that utilised pieces in unique ways (Strakk and Skrall come to mind). The CCBS is fairly straightforward but it does allow for impressive utility and with good parts usage can cover the back.

Titans are the hardest to judge because we haven't really recieved any Bionicle titans yet with the exception of the three larger Masters and Skull Grinder, though IMO those are more akin in size to a set like Mutran and Vican (slightly cheaper than a titan if memory serves me rightly). This view is reinforced by the pricing here. Titans would be £20-£25 yet the larger sets are £15.

I feel I have to wait and see if any true titans are released before I make a proper opinion.

As for the argument of complexity, I'm gonna say it. I regard both gens with equal complexity, but they are complex for different reasons.

Protectors blow the Av-Toran out the water, and I feel they stand up really well when compared to Matoran of previous years, especially considering the increased playability.

The Medium sets are a bit more even. A lot of the medium sets in Bionicle's later years could be built without instructions for the most part, though there were sets that utilised pieces in unique ways (Strakk and Skrall come to mind). The CCBS is fairly straightforward but it does allow for impressive utility and with good parts usage can cover the back.

Titans are the hardest to judge because we haven't really recieved any Bionicle titans yet with the exception of the three larger Masters and Skull Grinder, though IMO those are more akin in size to a set like Mutran and Vican (slightly cheaper than a titan if memory serves me rightly). This view is reinforced by the pricing here. Titans would be £20-£25 yet the larger sets are £15.

I feel I have to wait and see if any true titans are released before I make a proper opinion.

Hey, don't forget Nocturn! And I agree, looking at the differences between Splitter Beast and Evo XL, I definitely wouldn't consider Splitter a Titan sized set but I would consider Evo, and I loved the amount of technic in Evo XL machine. Hopefully Bionicle follows the same route.

Atamaii published another video on BIONICLE (apparently he publishes constraction first because he's afraid of us..? Lol). Nothing new, but the Lego rep mentioned that MMvsSG is going to be $30. I hope that doesn't turn into 35 Euro, it's a fair price like this.

Those aren't really spring green. They're glow-in-the-dark :wink:

Actually I'm pretty sure most of them ARE Spring Yellowish Green, since the current glow-in-the-dark color is a lot more white than those.

It'll definitely be interesting to see if people can use those parts together with the Spring Yellowish Green Skull Spiders in MOCS.

Unfortunately, it appears that we are actually not getting any more strictly CCBS parts in Spring Yellowish Green. The bones on the dragon in Destiny's Bounty are in fact Trans-Neon Green (I wonder if this will lower the BL prices of them?). But still, plenty of CCBS recolours coming from Ninjago (and Laval 2014's gold beast foot is also being made available in a Chima set - good news for those in America I'm sure).

Plus, for those not wanting Skull Scorpio but do want his trans-neon green 4M bones - rejoice as a few Ninjago sets contain a chock-load of them so they'll probably be cheap on BL :grin:

I'm in love with all these CCBS and HF weapon recolours in case you couldn't tell! :grin_wub:

...Wow, the packaging for Skull Warrior does say it has 102 pieces.

That cannot be right. Even as it is, the bow doesn't contain 40+ parts.

Skull Slicer has 71 parts.

Skull Basher has 72 parts.

Skull Scorpio has 102 parts.

MM v SG has 171 parts.

Skull Scorpio's part count is driven up by the technic tail though. Still can't imagine Skull Warrior having 102 parts though.

...Wow, the packaging for Skull Warrior does say it has 102 pieces.

That cannot be right. Even as it is, the bow doesn't contain 40+ parts.

Skull Slicer has 71 parts.

Skull Basher has 72 parts.

Skull Scorpio has 102 parts.

MM v SG has 171 parts.

Skull Scorpio's part count is driven up by the technic tail though. Still can't imagine Skull Warrior having 102 parts though.

It probably has a bashing function that eats up a bunch of Technic.