Yees! 30 Euro Artakha set confir... Oh wait. That sounded ok, though "Zodhopazik" was pretty awful.

I'm eager to know more (or rather, something) about the story, but I guess we'll have to wait for NYCC. Greg said that once we know about the new plot we will understand why he can't continue the serials. It's probably a simple "It's a reboot, Lego doesn't want me to promote the old story", but I wonder if there's some greater meaning in his words.

Edited by Shakar

Wow, LoSS looks awful. Despite that, these look great. Are there pictures of the defenders as well? I only saw the Toa in the video.

Edited by SmoothJazz

Okay,good. I'm a Russian bionicle fan and it was an joke on you guys. We(the russian community) all are very sorry.

I'll admit, if other members hadn't pointed out the mistakes, you would've had me. Honestly I'm a little disappointed, because if that was real it would have made a great new story IMO.

BTW:here's Zhodopazik:villian-zhodopazik.jpg

I'm a pterodactyl, here to ptero-you a new one.

Anyway, figures. The game was what tipped me off; if anything, they'd do a 3DS game since that's where the money and licensing deals are.

Yees! 30 Euro Artakha set confir... Oh wait. That sounded ok, though "Zodhopazik" was pretty awful.

I'm eager to know more (or rather, something) about the story, but I guess we'll have to wait for NYCC. Greg said that once we know about the new plot we will understand why he can't continue the serials. It's probably a simple "It's a reboot, Lego doesn't want me to promote the old story", but I wonder if there's some greater meaning in his words.

Frankly, I don't think continuing the storyline now will be any easier for him than it's ever been. He's still busy with his other jobs for the LEGO Group, and what's more, it will be difficult to ever conclude the old serials in a way that pleases everybody. Some people just want him to wrap it up as quickly as possible (which is fairly ridiculous, IMO — if you're not looking for a lot of effort or quality in the ending why not just write your own?), while others were extremely disappointed with how rushed and anticlimactic the theme's ACTUAL conclusion was, and will want anything but that kind of hasty resolution for the serials.

Beyond that, part of the point of keeping the story going was to help temper fans' bitterness and disappointment with BIONICLE's cancellation. That's a battle that, in my opinion, was lost before it had even begun. A lot of the people who were most disappointed with the ending NEVER wanted the old story to come to an end (given the number of people clamoring for a continuation, many of these people still don't), and keeping the story going forever in the serials was never a viable option to begin with. Pleasing everyone — the people who wanted a nice, neat conclusion as soon as possible, and the people who wanted no conclusion ever — would have been completely out of the question. I don't know how long Greg actually planned to keep writing the serials, but evidently it was longer than was realistic.

Speaking of the story, a user on another forum noticed that the upper left-hand corner of Pohatu's package-art portrays what would seem to be two celestial bodies. Now, this may simply be a coincidence, but their sizes (one quite large, the other considerably smaller) suggest Bara Magna and Bota Magna. If that is what they are, then that does seem to confirm a reboot of continuity. Granted, they could be hitherto unmentioned moons of Spherus Magna, but the size of the left one makes that seem somewhat unlikely. If they are the those two Magnae, that does not mean that the new Bionicle is necessarily going to end up where the old one did, but it could be a nice little easter-egg for longtime fans. That is, of course, if they have any significance whatsoever. But then, Bionicle has demonstrated a penchant for including seemingly accidental features which are actually relevant to the larger plot (e.g. Metru Nui's twin suns.)

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Is this because I threw it together in around 3 minutes in a slightly mediocre program?

Or do you like the new Hau?

Both. Also, the Hau red looks a bit out of place.

Hi! New here, joined to take part in the Bionicle 2015 discussion. ^^; I've been a Bio fan since 2001, when I saw Tahu on the shelves at my local Walmart... Excited to see it coming back!!

It's nice to see finalized set pics... They definitely look better than what we saw previously. That said, I'm still not too keen on the overall aesthetic. I guess bright, loud color combinations are "in" more these days, compared to the much cleaner designs of the old days of Bionicle.

I really am curious if LEGO will be putting out books, despite the above "leak" being false. >.<

Zhodopasik? Oh, that ominous name... It caused terror, anarchy and madness in the days of yore, none should ever have extracted this malign word from the junkyard of eternity. It's just a funny name for a toa of vacuum, though, but I wonder how could exoforce.ru find and use it, cause all that stuff was happening about 6 years ago and the project is certainly dead. Still it seems to be quite witty.

Are there any genious thoughts about these silly claws/wings/whatever on Lewa's shoulders? They look kinda weird and remind of bunny's ears, is their primary function to help him soar somehow? Also I'd like to mention your hypotheses about Tahu's mechanism. Curious assumptions, yet the most vivid asserts that arms are shifted back, so when Tahu is erect they don't stretch along the body, which isn't nice.

Edited by Cyanide Kualus

That plot information is such an obviously shopped image. Somebody just pasted text onto the ExoForce.RU page. Were it legit, the actual page would have been linked.

Also, cross-posting from TFW because it blew my mind:

27470456d1411947395-bionicle-hero-factory-thread-poop.png

I knew that it resembled a movie version! But I just couldn't place it. Thanks mesonak.

mother of god....

if that's intentional, lego are geniuses...

still looks like a master chief helmet with Tahu's face sewn onto the front though :tongue:

Edited by Timeline15

Both. Also, the Hau red looks a bit out of place.

I know. Again, 3 minutes, mediocre program.

I'm messing with the new pics in paint for something I'd like to do (it's seeeeeeeeeeecret), and I'm slowly growing to get used to the New Hau. Slowly. Reeeeeealy freaking slowly.

While technically still prelim, I really like Onua's mask. :thumbup:

I'd also like to note that the fire defender mask has orange mixed in, kinda like jallers arthon but in reverse.

EDIT: after looking at it again it kinda looks like the reverse side of the mask of Shadows. /: but I still like it regardless.

Edited by arc

Hey, that's Italian!

And what the hell, LOSS is translated as "The Spiders of the Skull Lord" . It has to be a mistake, I refuse to believe they're this dumb.

And I still can't make out the Pakari.

Heh, that was my first thought upon seeing it. Gali's mask also looks very movie-inspired.

screen85.png

screen84.png

That plot information is such an obviously shopped image. Somebody just pasted text onto the ExoForce.RU page. Were it legit, the actual page would have been linked.

Also, cross-posting from TFW because it blew my mind:

27470456d1411947395-bionicle-hero-factory-thread-poop.png

You're blowing my mind.

The new Hau just went from 1, to 3, to about 8.

The new Kaukau has gone up a bit, although I did like it anyhow.

EDIT:

And I still can't make out the Pakari.

Golden one is there. Just look at that :P

EDIT 2: I can see eyestalks on the Air Jungle Defender. Can anyone make out any new details on the head?

Edited by Cheatster9000x

Hopefully it's not a reason to worry that Gali is referred to with the male version of "master".

-Gata signoff.png

The Hau. Saw that it looked like Jaller's movie Hau from the start. But that's part of my problem with it: it makes Tahu look way too young. He's always the older leader type character (a Stormer. Not a Furno).

Oh, and the Pakari looks great. I approve.

Yeah, at that point, you may as well name your character Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Not enough K's!

Wow, LoSS looks awful. Despite that, these look great. Are there pictures of the defenders as well? I only saw the Toa in the video.

J2G is working on getting those, I believe.