Oh woow.

Makuta is possessing Kulta? Didn't see THAT coming. So he's actually come out this early. Plus he manages to one up Teridax in that, since he was limited to soulless bodies and couldn't override the spirit inside. But do we really see Kulta talking or was it Makuta all along? Really interesting.

Likely Makuta

Oh woow.

Makuta is possessing Kulta? Didn't see THAT coming. So he's actually come out this early. Plus he manages to one up Teridax in that, since he was limited to soulless bodies and couldn't override the spirit inside. But do we really see Kulta talking or was it Makuta all along? Really interesting.

Likely Makuta

Ekimu seemed to acknowledge him as Makuta based on his voice alone - so i guess its definitely meant to be Makuta in control over/speaking through Kulta's body at that moment.

This also explains the chapter name 'Makuta' in the book a little better

Edited by Scarilian

I am very dissapointed Skull Basher got wrecked in literally 2 seconds. :?

LOL although I agree with your sentiment...I can't help but feel that it was kind of hilarious

Yeaaah the Skull villains were underwhelming as expected.

Kulta though, is completely another story. Loving him. And if he's Makuta all along then that probably means that Umarak will be Makuta again too.

When Kulta put on the MoC, that was a great shot. Also, Ekimu's animations were way too funny to me.

Guess this why explains how the Skull Army managed to be resurrected in the first place, since "Kulta" couldn't resurrect himself on his own.

Also, if this is was Makuta all along, that means he was the one who created/modified Basher and the Scorpio, making him a mad scientist/inventor like Teridax. And he probably made the Skull masks too, which explains why they share some design motifs with the Skull Spiders.

But if Kulta's spirit wasn't there, who was Kulta? If Slicer was a gladiator maybe he was a prominent member of that ancient civilization? A warrior? A king?

So the question now is... is episode 17 the last episode this year with the 'To Be Continued' and ending crawl? It just seems like a last episode sort of thing to me, which is a bit odd given we've seen glimpses of the final battle with Kulta - though i guess they must be saving it for 2016 to lead into that storyline

this is a literal transcription of the events of the book. Or the other way around... whatever. Meh.

I'm pretty sure that was the point; the web series is just an animated movie of the book (or vice versa), which I think is actually pretty cool. I just finished the book, which was pretty good. A nice eye for casual details that I don't think Gen 1 really had.

Guess this why explains how the Skull Army managed to be resurrected in the first place, since "Kulta" couldn't resurrect himself on his own.

Also, if this is was Makuta all along, that means he was the one who created/modified Basher and the Scorpio, making him a mad scientist/inventor like Teridax. And he probably made the Skull masks too, which explains why they share some design motifs with the Skull Spiders.

But if Kulta's spirit wasn't there, who was Kulta? If Slicer was a gladiator maybe he was a prominent member of that ancient civilization? A warrior? A king?

Maybe I'm missing something from the transcripts, but the book makes it sound as if Kulta is under his control, but Kulta could have been its own entity. Or maybe Kulta was just another Skull Creature, like LOSS; I'm pretty sure Kulta didn't make him or the Skull Spiders, and the Scorpios are up for debate.

So the question now is... is episode 17 the last episode this year with the 'To Be Continued' and ending crawl? It just seems like a last episode sort of thing to me, which is a bit odd given we've seen glimpses of the final battle with Kulta - though i guess they must be saving it for 2016 to lead into that storyline

There will be another episode, I think; they wouldn't end it before the final battle, and we've already seen bits of it. Likely whoever compiled this just figured they'd add the end credits (which were made available as of episode 9). At the very least, there's supposed to have been one more episode developed (by Dum!Dum!'s count) and it would be pretty ridiculous to leave the story on a cliffhanger.

I don't see why so many people get so frustrated with the book repeating the dialogue and events of the webisodes. Half of the book is an original story (based on the bits of the story that were told via montage in the webisodes) and half of it is an adaptation of the events of the main story. Besides the 50/50 split, that's not all that unusual for Bionicle. When Greg Farshtey's books covered the same material as the Bionicle movies, he likewise used the exact same script, with the only differences being things that got altered or cut between the version of the script he used and the final movie (like the Lohrak scene in Legends of Metru Nui or the nest-building scene in Web of Shadows).

The alternative to the book's dialogue being exactly like the webisodes in the scenes that overlap between them is the book contradicting the webisodes, and I hardly think that would be a better outcome.

Anyway, as always I'm going to wait for the episodes to come out in English.

There will be another episode, I think; they wouldn't end it before the final battle, and we've already seen bits of it. Likely whoever compiled this just figured they'd add the end credits (which were made available as of episode 9). At the very least, there's supposed to have been one more episode developed (by Dum!Dum!'s count) and it would be pretty ridiculous to leave the story on a cliffhanger.

Nope, ep 17 will be the last one. If you go back and look at the earlier episodes (season 1 I guess...) they end with the credits as well when the skull warrior breaks out of the earth. Also, if you think about it, it wouldn't be bad to end the series on a cliffhanger....as I said in the spoilers before, I'm pretty sure there would be a reason as to why they'd leave the episodes on a cliffhanger *cough* new products *cough*

Edited by lambda_cla3391

It should be noted, 'To be continued' is a pretty good indication that the web cartoons will still be around next year.

There's no way that episode is the last episode for this year. Everybody should just get off that logic train at the next possible stop.

Editing error or mistake with the end credits.

There's no way that episode is the last episode for this year. Everybody should just get off that logic train at the next possible stop.

Why are you so sure that it is not the last episode? It would seem perfectly logical to leave it there and restart in January when the new sets come out. Also, there is a 'to be continued' crawl at the end of ep. 17

Nope, ep 17 will be the last one. If you go back and look at the earlier episodes (season 1 I guess...) they end with the credits as well when the skull warrior breaks out of the earth. Also, if you think about it, it wouldn't be bad to end the series on a cliffhanger....as I said in the spoilers before, I'm pretty sure there would be a reason as to why they'd leave the episodes on a cliffhanger *cough* new products *cough*

Right, but since this whole thing is a compilation anyway, those credits were likely manually added to the end. We've seen the bits of the final episode that match up with the book, and Dum!Dum! has explicitly stated that there are more episodes, if you can understand their count. It makes no sense to leave the one remaining episode, which is the finale of this year, and use it at the start of next year.

I'm not sure why anybody would take this edited (and leaked) compilation as gospel.

Why are you so sure that it is not the last episode? It would seem perfectly logical to leave it there and restart in January when the new sets come out. Also, there is a 'to be continued' crawl at the end of ep. 17

How would that be logical? There's no conclusion, and the story is going to move ahead next year, so there's no actual place to put it.

Right, but since this whole thing is a compilation anyway, those credits were likely manually added to the end. We've seen the bits of the final episode that match up with the book, and Dum!Dum! has explicitly stated that there are more episodes, if you can understand their count. It makes no sense to leave the one remaining episode, which is the finale of this year, and use it at the start of next year.

I'm not sure why anybody would take this edited (and leaked) compilation as gospel.

How would that be logical? There's no conclusion, and the story is going to move ahead next year, so there's no actual place to put it.

I repeat:

They get their masks destroyed. When Tahu wakes up, he and the other toa have different masks to wear, thus fitting in with precisely the NEXT part of the story.

Also, the fact that people are obsessed with conclusions would be a very logical reason for them to end the episodes there. You don't know what'll happen next, so you gotta buy the book, or graphic novel to find out...or do what I did and go to an Indigo and skip to the end. Also makes the new sets even more desirable.

Edited by lambda_cla3391

I repeat:

They get their masks destroyed. When Tahu wakes up, he and the other toa have different masks to wear, thus fitting in with precisely the NEXT part of the story.

Also, the fact that people are obsessed with conclusions would be a very logical reason for them to end the episodes there. You don't know what'll happen next, so you gotta buy the book, or graphic novel to find out...or do what I did and go to an Indigo and skip to the end. Also makes the new sets even more desirable.

But we've already seen the scenes from the last episode in Kulta's character video ._.

Seeing the scenes from the presumed last episode doesnt necessarily guarantee a release anytime soon. Judging via the regular release schedule episode 18 would be release on October 3rd if its happening then, however maybe the schedule of animations has changed enough to warrant a 'to be continued' or a cliffhanger with credits.

The story 'moving ahead' is virtually the same as saying the story will 'be continued'. Just FYI.

it would be pretty ridiculous to leave the story on a cliffhanger.

To be fair they ended the first wave with a cliffhanger teasing the next wave - chances are they'd desire to do the same if they plan on continuing the animations in 2016. Even if the 'to be continued' aspect is edited, that is definitely the ending crawl to what is the final episode given it contains music thats unreleased and has been used in the summer animations.

Maybe not for this year, could just be a slightly longer break than the usual 'week'

Though if those are the credits for episode 17 then they may be deciding to take a break until after the NYCC hype and stuff, then release the episode. The reasoning for this could be that the Toa gain new masks and/or forms as a few people have speculated which Lego might not wish to reveal in the form of animations before official images or that the events of the final animation may crossover into the early 2016 storyline.

I doubt they'd somehow make a big enough mistake that they missed out an entire episode in their compilation video of everything in the second wave. Especially given this user appears to have other content that hasnt been released which they are uploading (Unreleased Elves episodes at the moment). Possibly an editing mistake, but seems really unlikely. Could just be a general mistake that they believed it was the last episode in the wave because episode 17 ends with 'to be continued' and then we see that episode 18 is just delayed by a bit as mentioned prior.

However the ending credits (even if the 'to be continued' may have been added) - still retain the music for G2's Summer animations which have'nt been released clean anywhere. So it definitely seems they are legitimate ending credits.

===

Though the user could always be waiting to upload a third video containing the remaining animations which would explain the ending credit situation.

Edited by Scarilian

I repeat:

But we haven't seen that in episode form, just book form. For people who only follow the animations (which is way more than people who bought the book), they'll be left extremely confused. "To be continued" doesn't mean "and now for something completely different". There needs to be a logical sequence of events, and if they were doing some sort of cross-platform promotion, they would mention that, and not be so stupid as to expect people to know exactly where to look to find the continuation of the story.

Seeing the scenes from the presumed last episode doesnt necessarily guarantee a release anytime soon. Judging via the regular release schedule episode 18 would be release on October 3rd if its happening then, however maybe the schedule of animations has changed enough to warrant a 'to be continued' or a cliffhanger with credits.

Never said it would be released soon; whatever schedule LEGO wants to keep with their episodes is up to them. But the episode exists (as we've been told), and just because we don't see it in this weird leaked compilation doesn't mean that LEGO has no intention of airing it.

The story 'moving ahead' is virtually the same as saying the story will 'be continued'. Just FYI.

When I said "moving ahead" I meant moving past. A "to be continued" can be put anywhere and mean different things depending on the context. If indeed it gets used here, I would expect more of a direct lead-in; they wouldn't put "to be continued" on episode 17, and then move immediately into 2016. That's ridiculous.

To be fair they ended the first wave with a cliffhanger teasing the next wave - chances are they'd desire to do the same if they plan on continuing the animations in 2016. Even if the 'to be continued' aspect is edited, that is definitely the ending crawl to what is the final episode given it contains music thats unreleased and has been used in the summer animations.

Right... and then immediately moved into the summer wave (after a short break). I'm not debating the release schedule of the episode, but it exists and we'll get it. I just think it makes more sense to create two distinct seasons of 9 episodes (as was their plan) rather than shuffle it off as a lead-in to 2016.

As for the music, well, foreign sites can apparently get access to these things; look at the Russian VK page and all of the concept art they got.

But we haven't seen that in episode form, just book form. For people who only follow the animations (which is way more than people who bought the book), they'll be left extremely confused. "To be continued" doesn't mean "and now for something completely different". There needs to be a logical sequence of events, and if they were doing some sort of cross-platform promotion, they would mention that, and not be so stupid as to expect people to know exactly where to look to find the continuation of the story.

Firstly, the episodes repeat the story so often, there is a 0% chance anybody would be confused about the story. Unless they watch the episode and listen to absolutely nothing being said in a minute and thirty seconds...which I highly doubt. Second, it isn't something completely different...to be continued means that it will be continued at a later time to tie in the end of this skull villain portion of the story with new toa/creatures story. Lastly, I understand that being left in the dark about the story may be frustrating, but this isn't up to you or us fans, this is all lego's plan. It's not an attempt to promote anything, it's meant to keep the audience enticed for months until they see completely new figures being released....they don't know how the skull villain portion ended, but they will be super willing to find out....when the new sets come out. Do remember that the skull villains were released a month ago....they want to sell those sets. You're already proving that the strategy works, you're completely confounded by the possibility that the animations will not conclude the Skull Grinder battle.

Never said it would be released soon; whatever schedule LEGO wants to keep with their episodes is up to them. But the episode exists (as we've been told), and just because we don't see it in this weird leaked compilation doesn't mean that LEGO has no intention of airing it.

Part at the top without a qoute above it wasnt intended to be directed at anyone, just my general thoughts/observations after giving things some though.Did we actually get told the episode exists? I mean, we've seen teases of a final battle episode (Or episodes) but i dont remember getting a set list of how many animations we'd get in the summer wave? They obviously intend to air the episode at some point as its the conclusion of the 2015 storyline, just a question of when.

When I said "moving ahead" I meant moving past. A "to be continued" can be put anywhere and mean different things depending on the context. If indeed it gets used here, I would expect more of a direct lead-in; they wouldn't put "to be continued" on episode 17, and then move immediately into 2016. That's ridiculous.

I guess it depends - we've seen how they handle a break between waves (They end with a teaser for the next wave and credits) but we currently dont have experience with how they'll end a year and transition to the next.

As for the music, well, foreign sites can apparently get access to these things; look at the Russian VK page and all of the concept art they got.

Yeah, guess its possible they got it though those means.

Firstly, the episodes repeat the story so often, there is a 0% chance anybody would be confused about the story. Unless they watch the episode and listen to absolutely nothing being said in a minute and thirty seconds...which I highly doubt.

Which is a far cry from not including the final battle at all. Ekimu hasn't even reclaimed his Mask of Creation, which has been what the entire story leads up to. I'm really confused as to why, just based on a leaked compilation review of these episodes, that people think we won't be seeing an actual conclusion to the story.

Second, it isn't something completely different...to be continued means that it will be continued at a later time to tie in the end of this skull villain portion of the story with new toa/creatures story. Lastly, I understand that being left in the dark about the story may be frustrating, but this isn't up to you or us fans, this is all lego's plan. It's not an attempt to promote anything, it's meant to keep the audience enticed for months until they see completely new figures being released....they don't know how the skull villain portion ended, but they will be super willing to find out....when the new sets come out. Do remember that the skull villains were released a month ago....they want to sell those sets. You're already proving that the strategy works, you're completely confounded by the possibility that the animations will not conclude the Skull Grinder battle.

Leaving a story open-ended is not how they intend to sell sets, and as you've mentioned, they already completed the story elsewhere, so that's contradictory in the first place. I'm all for leaving cliffhangers, but you do that by following it up, not ignoring what is supposed to be there.

Part at the top without a qoute above it wasnt intended to be directed at anyone, just my general thoughts/observations after giving things some though.Did we actually get told the episode exists? I mean, we've seen teases of a final battle episode (Or episodes) but i dont remember getting a set list of how many animations we'd get in the summer wave? They obviously intend to air the episode at some point as its the conclusion of the 2015 storyline, just a question of when.

Dum!Dum!'s official count is 19 episodes. So The Legend+winter season is 10, and then 9 for summer, so that would actually leave TWO more episodes. Unless they were counting the trailers, which I don't think they were. (Although they did miscount the character animations, so I'm willing to concede that they're just wrong in every direction =P).

Of course, another possibility is that, like the winter finale, the summer finale is extended and this one just got cut off. I wasn't paying too close attention to the timestamps the first time around, but looking at it now, the "episode 16" is 90 seconds, usual, but the "episode 17" was 110 seconds. The previous finale was 130 seconds (with the credits taking up about 40), while the credits spliced in here are about 45 seconds. So there's an obvious time discrepancy, which I would guess is the missing content.

I guess it depends - we've seen how they handle a break between waves (They end with a teaser for the next wave and credits) but we currently dont have experience with how they'll end a year and transition to the next.

True, which is another thing they wouldn't accomplish by leaving an episode out; I assume there's a vague teaser of the next wave in the episode.