I myself felt the commercial was lacking a...

:^)

The new and creative use of a classic meme you made with that video gave me an overpowering urge to play with your brick in order to show you how happy you made me.

These just showed up within the last 4 hours apparently

Activity Book cover photo - Unlike previously revealed (Trans-Gold Protector mask) Looks like the special mask is now just a gold mask of water. Massive disappointment;

http://www.amazon.co...W9P1TRGDHH2B9NR

Second Bionicle book cover photo;

http://www.amazon.co...X82GENE1BV15GR2

Edited by Scarilian

Activity Book cover photo - Unlike previously revealed (Trans-Gold Protector mask) Looks like the special mask is now just a gold mask of water. Massive disappointment;

Covers are crappy as in G1... will they ever make art for the sole purpose of a book cover?

Covers are crappy as in G1... will they ever make art for the sole purpose of a book cover?

The sad part is it doesnt even need to be unique cover art, just include a panel from the book and just have it as the cover image also. Just something other than the official product images would be nice

Both of the covers are 'for solicitation only,' meaning they will almost without a doubt be changed before release (just like, for example, this, this and this.) That being said, something is up here because that solicitation cover for the activity book clearly says Scholastic - either there's some cooperation between then and Ameet going on here or this is an entirely different activity book that they've put up the cover for.

Edited by Tazakk

Skull Scorpio just doesn't exist at all, not even shown in the advert NOR at the end of the advert when the products are shown. WOW, that is seriously Lego just wiping him from existence xD

It could be that they'll be featuring him in a separate commercial. LEGO did that a few times with their LEGO Hero Factory TV commercials. Or it could just be that LEGO thinks having ten characters in one commercial would be too confusing. At Toy Fair the "TV" callouts only appeared on the title cards for two sets: Lord of Skull Spiders and Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder. But it's not the first time a set this year has been skipped — the Protectors weren't featured in the TV commercial for the first half of the year.

Wonder if this means the toa are still being produced, and will be on shelves throughout the year, as opposed to being phased out like a traditional winter wave?

The Toa are still being distributed all year, and that's actually nothing out of the ordinary. Sets usually don't disappear from shelves completely until at least a year after their initial release. Come next January, though, the Toa sets will probably be in the process of being phased out, if LEGO is handling BIONICLE anything like their other themes. The only sets that have an intended shelf life much longer than a year tend to be really large $90+ sets like castles, pirate ships, large Technic vehicles, and LEGO Mindstorms kits.

Edited by Aanchir

Generic commercial is generic. Not big suprise.

Also I guess we know Grinder used the MoC to bring ol' scorpy to life rather than just glueing some bones together.

It could be that they'll be featuring him in a separate commercial. LEGO did that a few times with their LEGO Hero Factory TV commercials. Or it could just be that LEGO thinks having ten characters in one commercial would be too confusing. At Toy Fair the "TV" callouts only appeared on the title cards for two sets: Lord of Skull Spiders and Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder. But it's not the first time a set this year has been skipped — the Protectors weren't featured in the TV commercial for the first half of the year.

Yeah, can understand him possibly not being one of the physical toys shown or given an animated form - but its still odd to me that he wasnt included in box form with the rest of the 2015 sets at the end when it says 'in stores now'. After all, would'nt lego want to advertise him also. All the Toa were included along with the Summer sets other than Scorpio.

Also I guess we know Grinder used the MoC to bring ol' scorpy to life rather than just glueing some bones together.

Well, the advert doesnt show it, but i suppose thats the implication

Both of the covers are 'for solicitation only,' meaning they will almost without a doubt be changed before release (just like, for example, this, this and this.) That being said, something is up here because that solicitation cover for the activity book clearly says Scholastic - either there's some cooperation between then and Ameet going on here or this is an entirely different activity book that they've put up the cover for.

Still begs the question of which mask will the activity book include - if this is just a solicitation cover then how accurately does it represent the final version of what mask we'll get?

Edited by Scarilian

Interesting change on the activity book (although might still be preliminary).

Really, I'm just waiting for the covers of those graphic novels, they should be pretty interesting.

All the LEGO activity books that are published in the United States are published by Scholastic, though to my knowledge all of the content (including the bricks/figures) is the same as in the Ameet editions published in Poland. The ones that feature non-stock-art illustrations inside have Ameet Studio listed as the illustrator on the back.

The commercial was great, and Grinder does look really cool wearing the MoCr, all I'm wondering is: in the box art he's not wearing the MoCr and he's trying to melt it instead, now he actually wants to use it? Maybe MMvsSG tells of a prequel scene of when Grinder managed to steal and use the MoCr and later used it to raise the Skeletons?

The commercial was great, and Grinder does look really cool wearing the MoCr, all I'm wondering is: in the box art he's not wearing the MoCr and he's trying to melt it instead, now he actually wants to use it? Maybe MMvsSG tells of a prequel scene of when Grinder managed to steal and use the MoCr and later used it to raise the Skeletons?

Or maybe the first two panels on the box comic are inverted and he's actually trying to rescue the Mask of Creation zomg plot twist

Lord of Skull Spiders didn't grab the Mask of Creation in the comics or story videos either. I think it's safe to say these TV commercials are no more canon than the Inika and Piraka commercials in 2006.

Wow, they could not have made tat commercial sound more generic if they'd tried xD. "defeat evil, get the masks, and save the world". Also, the narrator sounded like he really didn't care.

Yeah, I've personally never heard anything quite so generic in the history of Bionicle myself!

Personally, I loved the trailer. It was short, but it's gotten me really excited for the new sets. The ending was rather nostalgic to boot with the whole "Each Set Sold Separately" bit.

Lord of Skull Spiders didn't grab the Mask of Creation in the comics or story videos either. I think it's safe to say these TV commercials are no more canon than the Inika and Piraka commercials in 2006.

For instance one thing that's gonna be canon for sure is the link between the MoCr and the very existence of the skeletons. When Grinder has the mask, the skeletons live, when he doesn't, they're just dust.

For instance one thing that's gonna be canon for sure is the link between the MoCr and the very existence of the skeletons. When Grinder has the mask, the skeletons live, when he doesn't, they're just dust.

But if this is true then what of Skull Slicer being a champion of the arena? Being a Champion implies long time experience fighting. Usually these commercials are non-canon, sooooo...

As for Skull Grinder (Head-canon name is Grindorus) putting on the MoCr, if we're going by "servant of Makuta theory" maybe he's told to melt it down along with the other gold mask but decides to betray Makuta and take it for himself. This could in turn be what the combo model represents. Maybe the other combo model is what Grinder makes using the MoCr? This is just what I'm guessing at though.

Edited by Phoenix_Flare

Jang Bricks just did a review of Mask Maker versus Skull Grinder.

He usually reviews sets that he can get from stores so does that mean his residence in canada has the summer wave?

Unlikely. He probably ordered them from Amazon.

Also Jang is Canadian?!

Unlikely. He probably ordered them from Amazon.

Also Jang is Canadian?!

Jang is Californian. =P

And I'm happy to see his review. Eager to pick 'em up!

Just ordered all the skellies (including a dupe of Warrior) from Amazon! They should be with my by Thursday, apparently. Pretty damn hype.

I totally dig the new commercial, the organ music is cool and I really like Tahu's spinning jump slash at the end.

I totally dig the new commercial, the organ music is cool and I really like Tahu's spinning jump slash at the end.

The power of signature moves FTW!!! Does anyone remember those?

And here's Jang's review of Skull Basher

This one still looks the best to me out of all of the smaller sets.